“Great Staycation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Forks

You added Inn at the Forks to your Saves list
Inn at the Forks
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Forks Market Rd, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 0A2, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Staycation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I just spent the weekend there and was so happy I chose this hotel. I had holidays and did not want to drive too far and flights out of Winnipeg were limited to places that I really didn't want to go by myself. So I chose to have a Staycation close to home. I am so glad I did!! The staff went out of their way to make me comfortable. I probably spent about 7 hours total at the Spa and all 3 services I had done were fantastic. I even have to commend the girl who handled room service on Saturday night (Claudia, I think) for not questioning the amount of food that was ordered for 1 person! lol. I enjoyed its location to a few of my favourite restaurants and coffee places, which were all in walking distance. I had a top floor room overlooking the Human Rights museum & it was really quite spectacular to watch the sun set over downtown. Thank you so much for helping me to relax!!

Room Tip: I really liked the view of the Museum & being able to watch the sunset.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Linda:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor - we really do appreciate the feedback.

I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed your staycation with us! The Riverstone Spa is amazing and I will pass along your comments to our Spa Director. Thank you for mentioning Claudia as well. She is a gem and I have passed along your comments to her and her manager.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Inn at the Forks.

Kind regards,
Cathy Stephens
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bismarck, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Loved where this place was located and the parks around the area. Lots to do within walking distance. Kind of a pain to get to your car if you do not do valet, but it is only a few minutes walk from your room. We had a suite with a nice view, but for the money it was nothing special. Very clean room and great staff, but nothing really justified the price difference of some of the other nice motels a few blocks away.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as you can and ask for a river view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Chose the Inn due to good reviews and location near train station as arrived and departed on The Canadian and also traveled to Churchill and back. Inn at the Forks location ideal. Walked from train station and walked to Red River boat tour and park and shops at the Forks. Early check in and leaving luggage during trip to Churchill handled perfectly. Room spacious, luxurious, nice to have vent to let in outside air, Keurig coffee maker in drawer. Staff friendly and very helpful. Free van travel a great benefit. Restaurant breakfast (pancakes) and dinners (fresh pickerel) outstanding.

Room Tip: Liked being on top floor the fifth.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Spend three-nights at the Inn at the Forks and found it to be a very good hotel to stay at.

Rooms are large and comfortable and after a night sleeping on the train I was grateful for such a comfortable room!
I love the bathroom sinks but feel that it's not inline with the rest of the properties design, but it's still beautiful!
There is free WiFi throughout the property which made my work stay much easier.

The location is perfect! An easy walk to/from the train station. Short walk to Downtown. Plenty of museums and markets in the area - be sure to visit the Forks Market! Very quirky and delicious local produce.

One complaint was there I think they focus too much on the big cupboards in the rooms - they dominate the room and it makes it feel a little smaller than the rooms are. This could also be because the positioning of the cupboards was right in the centre of the room.

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a room with a view over the Canadian Museum of Human Rights and then watch the su...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband surprised me with quite the birthday treat. He chose the luxury suite (wow) and he booked a couples massage. The room was modern, neatly laid out. It was a great location and it was fun to wander around the Forks in the evening. The only thing that was weird was that when we went for our massage, someone came in our room and brought us ice, put down the wine glasses onto the coffee table, put slippers by our bed, biscotti on our pillows, drew the drapes and put on some music. It was a little creepy to know that someone was in our room, unexpected. When you leave in the morning, you expect the maid to come during the day and so we try to clean up a little. Other than that, the breakfast was included which was delicious and it was nice to have valet parking. I would definitely stay here again for a little vacation not to far away!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, try out the luxury suite. Beautiful!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Jennifer:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would return.

With regards to someone being in your room, we offer what is called "Turndown Service" to any guests that are staying in a Suite. This service involves refreshing the guests' beddings, thus preparing the bed for the night. It is done by a hotel room attendant and they do it when the occupant is not in the room. Besides preparing the bed linens, the practise also involves leaving a treat ( in this case, biscotti prepared by our own pasty chefs) drawing the drapes and putting out slippers. We apologize for making you feel uncomfortable. On check - in, if you are staying in a suite, by all means, you can advise the front desk that you prefer to not have turndown service and this will be passed along to our room attendants in the evening.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards,
Cathy
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We recently spent five nights at The Inn, and our stay was thoroughly enjoyable. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable, and the staff unfailingly helpful, cheerful, and courteous. Our breakfasts were delicious, and all special dietary needs were met. Never did we get a "no" to any of our requests! We enjoyed the location at The Forks...a pleasant change from downtown.
We now have a new favourite place to stay in Winnipeg!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recently spent 5 nights at this super hotel in Winnipeg, Manitoba, where I had an excellent room, service., etc. It is in a tremendous location, very close to the city centre and right in the middle of so much to do and see in the Forks area of this very lovely city; loads to do within walking distance.
Also, I found out that in this city NOT ONE hotel has had or does have a bed bug problem; a very, good and rare exception in this day and age. Congratulations to Winnipeg!
This is a tremendous city with so much to do and see of interest, and fun for all.

Room Tip: I had no complaints at all about my Queen sized, one bed room; and the bathroom was terrific and ke...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Inn at the Forks? Share your experiences!