“Worth it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Forks

Save Saved
You added Inn at the Forks to your Saves list
Inn at the Forks
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Forks Market Rd, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 0A2, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Calgary, Canada
“Worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Was in Winnipeg for Easter, and there was one night I had to be downtown, so I booked a night here to give it a shot. I had lived in Winnipeg years ago, and was always curious to try.

Check-in/Check-out; very quick. All staff were cheerful and helpful.

Location; The Forks is a quieter area with shops, local artists have some stalls, and there is some dining. The hotel is right next to what will be the Museum of Human rights, which apparently opens 2014? (We'll see...) There is a kid's museum right next door, which was packed with happy families. It's also near(ish) to the Exchange district, which seems to have changed a bit for the better the last 7 years since I lived in Winnipeg. (Still doubt I'd wander around The Exchange alone at night).

The room; The room was very clean, I was in room 434 which in winter offers an amazing view, in summer it would be partially obstructed by trees (albeit nice ones). This room was very quiet. The bathroom and main part of room are fairly large, so two would still be very comfortable and not too crowded. The mattress needs to be replaced.

Decor; I just don't get what look they were going for. It's not unpleasant, it just feels 'scattered'.

I dined at The Current, their restaurant, and had the Chef's feature menu dinner (Garden salad, "Lamb Two Ways", and the Sugar and Spice Bundt Cake). The service, salad and lamb were absolutely perfect. The dessert was a bland dry let-down.

I tried the in-room-dining, and ordered coffee and another desert, the Caramel Pretzel Tart, which was also a let down. It was WAY WAY WAY too salty. And I LOVE salted Caramel. Breakfast would have been perfect but the garnish was old and gross, and the coffee pot was missing it's bottom.

I do plan on staying there again when in town to visit relatives if I can get a good deal. Any of the issues above were pretty minor when factoring in the area, the deal I got, and friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest:

Wow - what a fantastic review. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us at Inn at the Forks.

I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were helpful and friendly. We do pride ourselves in providing excellent service to all of our guests.

That being said, I'm sorry to hear about issues you had with some of your food & beverage items. I have passed along your concerns to our Executive Chef and do apologize for the disappointment. At the same time, we so appreciate that you pointed out how perfect the lamb was.

I've also passed along your comments about the mattress to our Executive Housekeeper.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We definitely look forward to your return. I would invite you to send an e-mail my way to let me know if you are coming back this summer and I will assist in ensuring you have a great stay.

cstephens@innforks.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
niagara falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

clean contemporary look. comfortable clean nicely furnished rooms. nice comfy bed. spacious bathroom. unfortunately, the heating system was very noisy and woke me up several times during the night so I ended up having to turn off the heat in the room. I had a coffee and dessert before bed at the restaurant; the chocolate fudge brownie was good, the coffee was lukewarm. would have been nice if she had made a fresh pot for us instead of pouring from the carafe. Next morning, I had french toast for breakfast which was very good. morning coffee was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Inn at the Forks on TripAdvisor - we appreciate your feedback.

I'm so pleased you like the rooms and overall service and quality of our hotel.

I would like to apologize for the heating system and have forwarded your comments to our Maintenance Manager. I have also advised our Food and Beverage Manager about the coffee you were served.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forwards to welcoming you back to Inn at the Forks.

Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My overall stay at this hotel was pretty great. I was here for 10 days while I was in the process of moving. It's very central to downtown and most things are within a 5 min drive from each other. You're of course located right at the Forks where there is always different events happening and always great places to eat & shop!

The staff was very friendly and attentive. Of the 10 days we were there, we had 2 "incidents" occur - the first was that there was an early morning fire alarm and while this particular incident didn't have to do specifically with the quality of the hotel, the staff dealt with it in a very responsible manner. It was a false alarm and once the firefighters left everything was good. The second event was that our toilet broke while we were staying there and a maintenance person came and fixed it within a few minutes.

We had pedicures at the spa located in the hotel and it was one of the best pedicures I've had. If you have the opportunity to go to the spa I would definitely recommend it! You won't be sorry!

The amenities all around the hotel were very nice, new, and modern. The hotels has little features such as a doorbell to your room so that you can be contacted that way by the housekeeping staff which I thought was different (never seen that in a hotel before) but I enjoyed it.

It's definitely a little pricier than what I would have liked to pay but overall definitely worth the price. You're definitely paying for location but is comparable to other hotels in the downtown area for the timeframe we were going to be there so this is why we chose to stay here.

My only "critique" is that I don't think they should make guests pay for parking. It's only $13 but they have a "small" parking lot behind the hotel that could easily be free of charge & I think that they should offer complementary parking passes to the parkade located at The Forks.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view ask to stay in a room which faces downtown/Museum of Human Rights. If...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for posting such an informative review about your recent stay at Inn at the Forks. Your comments are very much appreciated as we learn what we did right and what we need to improve upon.

Thank you for your understanding with the fire alarm. I would like to apologize for this but was so pleased to read about how quickly and professionally the staff responded. I was disappointed to read about your Maintenance issue, but again, happy the situation was rectified in a timely manner.

The Riverstone Spa is wonderful isn't it? We just underwent extensive renovations and I'm glad you enjoyed your pedicures! Hopefully the snow will melt one day soon and you can show off your toes in flip-flops instead of winter boots.

As for the parking, this is a challenge we hear about from time to time. Inn at the Forks actually does not own the lot that our guests and staff park in. Even we as team members have to pay a daily or monthly fee for parking. We could include the parking in guest rates but then the argument is made that guests who do not have cars are paying for a service they do not need.
If you have any suggestions regarding this matter, I would invite you to contact me directly so we may discuss this further. I genuinely mean that.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Inn at the Forks.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here on business during the week last week and had a fantastic time! The room was clean and well decorated and the bed was heavenly. I especially liked the extra spray options in the shower and the ability to open a fresh air vent to the outside. After I accidentally forgot my iPod in my room, the front desk and housekeeping staff were very helpful and friendly in retrieving it for me. I look forward to staying again for longer so that I may check out the rest this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review about Inn at the Forks on Trip Advisor - we appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and really liked what the rooms had to offer. I will pass along your thanks to the Front Desk and Houskeeping Associates that assisted in locating your i-pod.

We look foward to welcoming you back in the near future; we have a wonderful restaurant and lounge and our Riverstone Spa has been newly renovated.

Morden, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My 3 sisters were visiting from Edmonton. The 4 of us wanted to spend the night in Wpg,before they flew out the following day. Hotel staff excellent, especially Colin who drove us downtown to attend Calvary Temple then picked us up. Appreciated valet service. Thanks Sara for excellent service in the lounge Sun eve. Food delicious. Also our server Mon morning in the dining room. Wonderful breakfast while watching the storm outside! Our only complaint was the room was a bit small for 4 adults. (our youngest sisters have special needs, so we needed to be together) The staff did invite us to enjoy the comfy common areas. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Found room 319 view blocked by Human Right's Museum. Turned fan off at night as too noisy. Opene...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about Inn at the Forks on Trip Advisor. I was so pleased to read that you and your sisters enjoyed a wonderful stay at Inn at the Forks.

We are thankful that you let us know how everything was and I will pass along your comments to all of our team, including Colin, Sara and the morning server. They do like to read/see that their service was appreciated.

When time permits, would you be able to email me personnally and confirm when the garbage trucks were making noise - they are NOT to be there during certain hours and I would like to follow up with that.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the future.

Dryden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, we really enjoyed how quiet the room was. We could not hear any neighbours or people walking in the hallway which was wonderful for sleeping. The bed was comfortable and the separate bath and shower was perfect for my husband who has a hard time stepping over the side of a tub. We did have problems with the tv, the cable kept freezing up and cutting out. When I complained at the front desk the woman thanked me for speaking up because they are keeping a log of problems so they can switch providers. So I guess the problems are normal and frequent. The handicap parking was covered with ice, but I am not sure that is the hotel's fault. Our trip was in March so it was very quite in the Forks. In the summer, it would be much busier and this would be a great hotel to stay at if you enjoy the downtown activities as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guests:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Inn at the Forks on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would stay with us again.

There have indeed been challenges with our televsions, so I am glad that the Front Desk Associate did log this complaint. We are hoping to have this rectified in the near future. As much as we don't clear the snow in the parking lots ( that is done by the Forks team) based on your comment, we have asked our Bellmen and Maintence personnal to please keep an eye out for ice in the handicap stall;we are responsible for clearing the sidewalks leading into our property, so we can easily check on the handicap stall. When is summer coming!?

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Kenora
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Well not too sure where to start. We showed up to have some American travelers ahead of us sorting out their rooms and cost. They were offered valet service, we were not. At check in the staff were friendly. We were given our room. First glance it was nice. We sat down and tried to decide on a place to eat when my friend began to open closets and drawers. In a drawer she found clothing... A dirty thong a house coat and other clothing item i can't quite identify. Ok we thought. Housekeeping clearly didnt look everywhere.. No big deal. We called them and moved to a different floor. New room. We unloaded our luggage for the second time and went out to eat. We returned to find a lovely bottle of white wine complimentary for the other room findings. Wonderful! We opened the wine, unpacked and went to wash up for the night (meetings early the next morning). We picked up a face cloth from the washroom counter, folded and stacked on others and found a VERY strong smell of men's cologne! Unbelievable. Looking around too there were other small unsanitary issues,.. Glasses in the washroom, no cover on them, so we called down again to let them know. They gave a simple sorry and sent the maintenance person up to collect the face cloths (he bagged them too I'm sure to see if it really smelled like men's cologne). Upon check out they did give us 'free parking' for the night which I think was $11-14 in cost.

All in all an interesting stay to say the least but I'm thinking its sure weird that we had problems with cleanliness in two rooms, different floors even. Rooms are a little over decorated too.. Lots of patterns

My husband and I stayed here two years ago, got upgraded and had no problems. Maybe it was just a bad day....

• Stayed November 2012
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guests:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Inn at the Forks on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback, including the things we did right and the things that we need to improve upon.

First of all, I am sorry that this is what you experienced Housekeeping wise. I have never actually had to respond to an issue like this so I assure you I will speak with our Executive Housekeeper and Housekeeping team. I am concerned that this happened in November - but I can backtrack and look up the rooms you were in.

I was so pleased to read that the Front Desk team did do up a nice card and sent up an amenity for your inconvenience. I will remind them to advise ANY guest with a car about both our self parking and valet service. Yes, it does cost $13 per day to park ( $12 when you stayed) so again, I was happy to see that your concerns did not fall on deaf ears.

I hope that you would plan to stay with us in the future. If you are planning to book with us, please email me directly and I will offer you a complimentary upgrade for your next stay. We recognize that your visit did not go according to plan, but you have been so gracious in expressing your concerns and that is appreciated.

cstephens@innforks.com

Been to Inn at the Forks? Share your experiences!