“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Forks

Save Saved
You added Inn at the Forks to your Saves list
Inn at the Forks
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Forks Market Rd, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 0A2, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Ranked #6 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here on business during the week last week and had a fantastic time! The room was clean and well decorated and the bed was heavenly. I especially liked the extra spray options in the shower and the ability to open a fresh air vent to the outside. After I accidentally forgot my iPod in my room, the front desk and housekeeping staff were very helpful and friendly in retrieving it for me. I look forward to staying again for longer so that I may check out the rest this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review about Inn at the Forks on Trip Advisor - we appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and really liked what the rooms had to offer. I will pass along your thanks to the Front Desk and Houskeeping Associates that assisted in locating your i-pod.

We look foward to welcoming you back in the near future; we have a wonderful restaurant and lounge and our Riverstone Spa has been newly renovated.

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Morden, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My 3 sisters were visiting from Edmonton. The 4 of us wanted to spend the night in Wpg,before they flew out the following day. Hotel staff excellent, especially Colin who drove us downtown to attend Calvary Temple then picked us up. Appreciated valet service. Thanks Sara for excellent service in the lounge Sun eve. Food delicious. Also our server Mon morning in the dining room. Wonderful breakfast while watching the storm outside! Our only complaint was the room was a bit small for 4 adults. (our youngest sisters have special needs, so we needed to be together) The staff did invite us to enjoy the comfy common areas. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Found room 319 view blocked by Human Right's Museum. Turned fan off at night as too noisy. Opene...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about Inn at the Forks on Trip Advisor. I was so pleased to read that you and your sisters enjoyed a wonderful stay at Inn at the Forks.

We are thankful that you let us know how everything was and I will pass along your comments to all of our team, including Colin, Sara and the morning server. They do like to read/see that their service was appreciated.

When time permits, would you be able to email me personnally and confirm when the garbage trucks were making noise - they are NOT to be there during certain hours and I would like to follow up with that.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the future.

cstephens@innforks.com
Dryden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, we really enjoyed how quiet the room was. We could not hear any neighbours or people walking in the hallway which was wonderful for sleeping. The bed was comfortable and the separate bath and shower was perfect for my husband who has a hard time stepping over the side of a tub. We did have problems with the tv, the cable kept freezing up and cutting out. When I complained at the front desk the woman thanked me for speaking up because they are keeping a log of problems so they can switch providers. So I guess the problems are normal and frequent. The handicap parking was covered with ice, but I am not sure that is the hotel's fault. Our trip was in March so it was very quite in the Forks. In the summer, it would be much busier and this would be a great hotel to stay at if you enjoy the downtown activities as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guests:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Inn at the Forks on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would stay with us again.

There have indeed been challenges with our televsions, so I am glad that the Front Desk Associate did log this complaint. We are hoping to have this rectified in the near future. As much as we don't clear the snow in the parking lots ( that is done by the Forks team) based on your comment, we have asked our Bellmen and Maintence personnal to please keep an eye out for ice in the handicap stall;we are responsible for clearing the sidewalks leading into our property, so we can easily check on the handicap stall. When is summer coming!?

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Kenora
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Well not too sure where to start. We showed up to have some American travelers ahead of us sorting out their rooms and cost. They were offered valet service, we were not. At check in the staff were friendly. We were given our room. First glance it was nice. We sat down and tried to decide on a place to eat when my friend began to open closets and drawers. In a drawer she found clothing... A dirty thong a house coat and other clothing item i can't quite identify. Ok we thought. Housekeeping clearly didnt look everywhere.. No big deal. We called them and moved to a different floor. New room. We unloaded our luggage for the second time and went out to eat. We returned to find a lovely bottle of white wine complimentary for the other room findings. Wonderful! We opened the wine, unpacked and went to wash up for the night (meetings early the next morning). We picked up a face cloth from the washroom counter, folded and stacked on others and found a VERY strong smell of men's cologne! Unbelievable. Looking around too there were other small unsanitary issues,.. Glasses in the washroom, no cover on them, so we called down again to let them know. They gave a simple sorry and sent the maintenance person up to collect the face cloths (he bagged them too I'm sure to see if it really smelled like men's cologne). Upon check out they did give us 'free parking' for the night which I think was $11-14 in cost.

All in all an interesting stay to say the least but I'm thinking its sure weird that we had problems with cleanliness in two rooms, different floors even. Rooms are a little over decorated too.. Lots of patterns

My husband and I stayed here two years ago, got upgraded and had no problems. Maybe it was just a bad day....

• Stayed November 2012
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guests:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Inn at the Forks on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback, including the things we did right and the things that we need to improve upon.

First of all, I am sorry that this is what you experienced Housekeeping wise. I have never actually had to respond to an issue like this so I assure you I will speak with our Executive Housekeeper and Housekeeping team. I am concerned that this happened in November - but I can backtrack and look up the rooms you were in.

I was so pleased to read that the Front Desk team did do up a nice card and sent up an amenity for your inconvenience. I will remind them to advise ANY guest with a car about both our self parking and valet service. Yes, it does cost $13 per day to park ( $12 when you stayed) so again, I was happy to see that your concerns did not fall on deaf ears.

I hope that you would plan to stay with us in the future. If you are planning to book with us, please email me directly and I will offer you a complimentary upgrade for your next stay. We recognize that your visit did not go according to plan, but you have been so gracious in expressing your concerns and that is appreciated.

cstephens@innforks.com
Russell, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My Husband and I were trying to find a place for a quick mini honeymoon. Are orginal plan was not avaiable any more (it was the day we were suppose to go up to the orignal place) and i was upset about it. When i phoned around with a package that included the massages. I phoned the hotel and the spa to see if we are able to do get in the hotel that day and are able to have a massage one of the two days we were in Winnipeg. I was so happy they let us in and i got to enjoy everything. We order room service and it was fantiasic. i was so happy with the service and also with how large the room was. The staff was awesome. They let us have a late checkout and a free dessert from Current. We were So happy. Thanks Inn at the Forks for making our mini honeymoon awesome!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guests:

First of all, Congratulations on your wedding!!!

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am posting your review for all or our team to read.

We appreciate that you took the time to post a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to Inn at the Forks one day.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

For a place to eat & drink while relaxing from the day, the restaurant/lounge is worth going to.
If unsure what to eat or drink, they have a wide variety to recommend. Good place to just relax alone, or meet friends to catch up with, and enjoy the scenery.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about the Current Restaurant and Lounge at Inn at the Forks.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed it.

I will pass this along to all of the team.

Hope to see you again!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Just spent a weekend at The Inn at the Forks while in Winnipeg to skate the River Trail. Great hotel, very comfortable and easy access to the Forks Market, which is a whole lot of fun. The lounge and restaurant were also excellent, as was the spa. Great place to get a massage!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest::

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about Inn at the Forks on Trip Advisor - we aprreciate you taking the time to send your feedback our way.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is great and it was nice to read that you were able to enjoy skating on the River Trail - you have just skated on the world's longest outdoor skating rink!

I will pass along your comments to all of our team, including the Restaurant/Lounge Servers and the Spa.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Inn at the Forks? Share your experiences!