“Very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Quebec City, Canada
“Very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The rooms are very comfortable, great beds with crisp linens.The newspaper is delivered to your door as well as the breakfast. The breakfast is really good and they pay attention to special requests, however, I had to stay a week there and I regretted the lack of variety. The bathrooms are not very recent but they are spacious and clean and they provide you with natural hair and body products from a local shop nearby.

I appreciated a lot the quiet of the hotel and the warm welcome of two of the front desk attendants (both women from South America).

The only thing that I really disliked at this hotel were the two other front desk attendants that I "talked to". Both men were barely polite and made me feel like I was bothering them. The first one would hardly say a word to me, not even explaining how the breakfast worked (I was not aware it was room service only), nor how to get to my room. The second one was supposed to talk to his supervisor regarding the discount that they were offering on the website but that he said he could not apply (stay 2 nights, get the 3rd night free). Nobody ever got back to me regarding this. He made no efforts whatsoever to understand what I was explaining to him and kept repeating the same sentence over and over as if I was deficient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We spent 3 days at this hotel for a wedding in September, 2012.
The accomodations were very good, the service was great.
The proximity to several St Boniface attractions made it easy to do some sightseeing.
We enjoyed a great breakfast in the restaurant too.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is great family friendly hotel. Was in Winnipeg for a wedding with our 18 month old daughter. The room was clean and roomy enough for the baby cot provided by the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. The banquet rooms used for the wedding were excellent. The food for the wedding reception was catered by the hotel, and they did an outstanding job!

Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We are a large family spread from coast to coast. A wedding in Winnipeg brought us together for a weekend at The Norwood Hotel. Some family stayed longer to enjoy the sightseeing. I had a single room on the same floor as many others in our party. The rooms were spacious and excellent. The beds and pillows were the best I have ever found even in much more expensive hotels. The front desk staff were welcoming and maid service was prompt and efficient.
One of the great things about this little hotel is its size - not too big, so it feels homey and the staff are eager to please. It is very well located too, walking distance from the St Boniface Hospital and the Cathedral (well worth a visit) and the Forks is a short walk across the bridge.
I Loved it!

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had our wedding at the hotel in fall of 2012. Tons of family and friends were in town and several stayed at the Norwood, as did we. Guests are still emailing us raving about their stays and how great it was. From the restaurant and bar to the comfy rooms and elegant ballroom and spectacular customer service - the Norwood has it all. On a personal note my husband and I were thrilled with how everything last details was handled and it made our day truly memorable. We will definitely be hosting more events at the Norwood.

Room Tip: The executive suite is great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bemidji
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Only twice have I had bad experiences. The first time was with partying guests. This last time however, there were many things that went wrong. I had to cancel and rebook the reservation due to travel conditions. This was accomplished with a phone call - upon investigation I was told it was with the Assistant General Manager. I inquired about the meal vouchers specifically asking if it was possible to have breakfast in the room. I was assured that it was and to inform front desk staff upon check-in and to call the restaurant to request it delivered to my room. When I checked in, I was told that this was not policy, to which I related my booking conversation. Front desk called the restaurant and it was OK'd.

I slept very little that night and was unable to work due to noise in the adjoining room - two very active toddlers who did not have an early bedtime.

The following morning I had breakfast in my room. I attempted to use the shower - it was an old supposedly adjustable shower head that was broken. The water came out like it would in a garden hose with no attachment. Just a narrow stream of water.

The second day, I called the restaurant only to be told that breakfast in the room with a pre-paid voucher was not possible - it was policy and they would not make an exception. They were not pleasant. I called the front desk and staff confirmed the policy regardless of having had different policy a day before - or having made an exception. I informed the front desk that I would not need the pre-paid voucher - I had no time to eat in the restaurant. I then looked around for a room service menu - nothing was to be found. So...time wasted, I had to check out with no breakfast and later than anticipated.

I advised the front desk staff that it is not appropriate to change policy midstay. I had counted on breakfast in the room - and had been assured upon booking and upon checking in that I would have it - with the prepaid voucher. The voucher itself is $9.50 which is reasonable for a breakfast. I supplied a genrous tip.

While the hotel is convenient to the buisness I have in Winnipeg, I will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms are not the best option.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel for its proximity to the downtown area of Winnipeg and for the parking lot that was able to accommodate my trailer. Overall a great stay, rooms were nice- probably one of the most comfortable mattresses I've ever slept on!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Norwood Hotel? Share your experiences!