“weekend in the peg” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thriftlodge Winnipeg

You added Thriftlodge Winnipeg to your Saves list
Thriftlodge Winnipeg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Notre Dame Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E3G5, Canada   |
Ranked #63 of 66 Hotels in Winnipeg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
THUNDER BAY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Ignore all the bad reviews, this hotel was great!! It had an amazing pool, and the rooms were average, but what else are you looking for other than a bed, tv and washroom. Thats all you need. If youre looking for more, its your own fault for choosing staying the thriftlodge, maybe you should have picked something more prestigious. Great customer sevice, very friendly. The location isnt the best area of town.. but just dont go outside at night :) its a great location during the day time, only a few minutes and youre in all the main shopping areas. Right on a main drag with lots of resturants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Marie L, Owner at Thriftlodge Winnipeg, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit. Once again, thank you so much.
Winnipeg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Price was okay, until I was there for about an hour! All night you hear people yelling and drunk and talking so loud in thier rooms. I was very upset that after finally getting about a half hour of shut eye and at 2:00am the people at the front desk decided to move three very loud drunk people crying and yelling into the room directly next to mine. I could hear everything! I called the front desk asking that they ask them to be respectful of other guests. They said they would. But did nothing as I could hear clear as day what was going on in the hotel through the paper thin walls. Furthermore,they refused my request to move me to a quiter section of the hote. On top of this the Garda security spent all night watching TV and talking very loudly in the vending machine room -to my luck just down the hall-. When they were asked to be quite they also did not quite down. Front dest was rude chatting on personal calls while ignoring me when my key card didn't work. Also, check out is awful. I had to work at 8:00am and can not get my deposit of $100 untill I can return during thier chosen hours which are not convinient for the working person. The only convinient part? I was allowed my dog to stay and they had vacancies last minute. Thrift Lodge Winnipeg if you don't care about quality service whats the point of running a hotel?

Room Tip: If you must stay, go to the very top of the hotel far far away from front desk, check ins, and chatt...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Portugal Cove, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We found this hotel on-line and based on its description and location, it seemed like a good spot for our last night on vacation. We had a 6:00 am flight and therefore tried to get to sleep at 10:00 pm. Shortly after our lights went out, another guest was heard down the corridor banging on a door and yelling a person's name. This went on for hours. We suspected that she was intoxicated and thus, were reluctant to call and complain. We then heard a man yelling at high volume in the parking lot outside our window. Overall, I estimate that I might have gotten 3 hours of sleep. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone who hopes to get some sleep at night. The only positive aspect of the stay was the nice waterpark with 4 slides and 2 hot tubs. At least our kids have something good to remember about that night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

If you want to stay here make sure you bring some kind of protection! The rooms were filthy along with the bathrooms! Someone pissed in our tub!! The pool was gross and not very clean!! Don't even go in the hot tub, yuck bandages floating in it! eewwwwww. I will never stay in another thrift lodge again! We got the hell out of the as soon as the sun came up and there is alot of activity all night so I didn't feel sage at all!!!

Room Tip: Get a room in another hotle
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Moose Jaw, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

I can't even believe they are allowed to operate a hotel like this. I read the other reviews on here but decided to try it anyway because of the price. Bad idea!
Tried to take a shower to refresh myself after a long day on the road and the lighting was so poor I could barely see in the bathroom. Next thing I noticed was the cold tap was loose, took a lot of playing to get the temp right. After my shower I noticed the exhaust fan was not working thus the mirror was fogged up for a good half hour after my shower. Tried to turn up the air cond. to cool the room and the unit looks like a 1967 model that they found in the dump. It makes a continual "ticking" sound which would later annoy me to the point of not being able to sleep all properly all night! So after waking in the morning I'm writing this review while staring at a coffee pot that is empty because I can't find any coffee anywhere!!! Oh yeah, don't bother with the tv because the remote doesn't work. I can't stress enough. Don't stay here no matter what the price!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I wanted a weekend out and decided to check out the Thriftlodge here in Winnipeg. Driving by the hotel you see advertisements for an "Awesome Waterpark" (and it really is) and a nightclub featuring live entertainment daily as well as a VLT lounge and more. I was impressed with the price per night as well as the service we'd received. The rooms were clean & smelled nice. The onsite security was also quite effective in keeping the noise down after hours. We had stayed only the one night but are already planning our next night out there. If you're looking for something close to home and of great value this is the place to go.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple