“Perfect hotel for the purpose of our trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Winnipeg

You added Clarion Hotel Winnipeg to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Winnipeg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1445 Portage Avenue | Winnipeg Airport / Polo Park, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 3P4, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Vancouver, Washington
“Perfect hotel for the purpose of our trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed here as we were in town for the Beyonce and Jay Z concert at the end of July. The hotel is in a great location (right next to a major shopping center so there was shopping to be done and a choice of lots of restaurants in the nearby vicinity). Our check in was smooth and the ladies at the front desk were full of smiles and advice on what to do in the city. The room, while dated, was adequate and clean. The beds and pillows were really comfortable. (I have been told that the hotel is undergoing some major renovations including the rooms so I am not basing my grade on the decor). While I didn't get a chance to swim in the pool or try the waterslide, the facility did look really nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Richard S, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Glendyne,

Thank you for your positive review on the Clarion Hotel & Suites! We are all very happy that your group enjoyed their time with us. I agree we are in a great location, right next to Polo Park Mall, and within a 10-15 minute drive to the MTS Centre, and all major concert venues!

I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our Front Desk staff; it is not uncommon for the Hotel to receive praise regarding all of our staff, and we are very lucky to have the team we do. We are in fact undergoing major renovations. All guest rooms, banquet facilities, parkade & common areas will be completely renovated and are expected to exceed all of our Guests expectations!

I would recommend trying the waterpark facilities on your next visit with us. Speaking from experience, the facilities are great and our 3-storey waterslide is surprisingly fast! The waterpark is complete with a kids pool, hot tub, large salt water pool with cascading waterfall, and of course our V.I.P. upper deck area, which features a mineral pool, salt water soaking pool and aromatherapy steam room!

Thank you again for your great review, we look very forward to your return!

Richard Summerton
Sales Executive
Clarion Hotel & Suites Winnipeg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Clearwater, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Currently on a summer trip with the family and luckily came across this hotel. The kids loved the water park, while my husband and I got to relax at the lounge for some kid free time. The bartender, Desire was so friendly, went out of her way to help us find things to do while in Winnipeg, provided food for our kids so they didnt have to leave the pool area, and really made our overall experience at the Clarion that more enjoyable. The hotel location is great, we were so close to the many activities we took part in while in Winnipeg. The staff is so friendly, and Desire ended up being the person to check us out at the end of our stay, we were so happy to see her again before leaving. This hotel is top notch in my books especially with staff like her around. Its the small things that count! The mall across the street had something for everyone. Looking forward to going back to see the renovations at this hotel! Loving the good life! Thanks for this experience!

Room Tip: corner rooms with 2 queen beds are so spacious
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Richard S, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Lovingthegoodlife,

Wow, what a fantastic review of our Hotel, thank you!

I pleased to say, that it is not uncommon for the Hotel to receive such wonderful praise regarding our front of house Staff. They are true professionals and welcome all of our guests with open arms. I agree it is the small things that make the difference, and this combined with our location, Water Park, on-site Oasis Mineral Spa, free Wi-Fi, free parking for up to 400 vehicles and complementary Airport Shuttle, make the Clarion Hotel & Suites a top choice for business & Family Travel alike.

Both Kids & Adults love the Waterpark! The Clarion Winnipeg features the Provinces largest, indoor Hotel water park including a Hot tub, Kids pool, Primary pool with cascading waterfall & a 3-storey waterslide. The upper deck of the pool area also features a Mineral pool, salt water soaking pool, steam shower and lounging area! Also, the entire water park is licensed for both food & beverage! :)

We do hope you will consider the Clarion for your next visit to Winnipeg!
Thank you again for taking the time to review the Clarion Hotel & Suites.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for one week. Our condo was flooded and we couldn't be there.
It is without a doubt the best hotel in Winnipeg, We wanted for nothing. It was clean and pet friendly. Dessirae and Tara went above and beyond to make us comfortable. Like instant friends.
We are going again for our anniversary in November. Can't wait to see Tara and Des.
Wonderful gals. Service with more than a smile. Ray and Karen

Room Tip: It is all good
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ray & Karen,

Thank you for your great review of the Clarion Hotel & Suites! We were thrilled to read your comments reviewing us as “The best Hotel in Winnipeg”! I am very pleased that our staff was able to accommodate you beyond your expectations. We are very grateful for the service that both Des & Tara give to all of our Guests, and we look very forward to your return in November.

As we are renovating the entire property, we cant wait to have you back to see the transformation in all guest rooms, meeting / banquet spaces & all common areas!

Thank you again for your review, we do appreciate it!

Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed at the hotel recently which was my second stay at the hotel. The staff at the Clarion hotel made both my stays very enjoyable. They accommodated some of my requests, and went over and above to make the stay the best it could be. Many thanks to the staff at the Clarion!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Richard S, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear John, thank you for your recent review of the Clarion Hotel & Suites!

I am very pleased to hear that the Hotel Staff exceeded your expectations; it is a part of our business to go above and beyond! We hope to see you again during your next visit to Winnipeg.
Thank you again for your positive comments!

Sales Executive
Kitchener ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed at the hotel one night for business. After an early start and a long day I was facing another VERY early morning. I called downstairs and spoke to Tara in the lounge and she went above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Tara is quick and thinks outside the box as she clearly demonstrates that customer service is not within a box! Thank you Tara for being the light at the end of my long day and for making the following morning more bearable! You are representing your brand very very well!!

• Stayed July 2014
Richard S, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Karnak 123,

Thank you for your great review on the Clarion Hotel & Suites!

Tara is a very big asset to the Hotel, and we recognize just how lucky we are to have her. I myself have noticed just how often she goes out of her way to help make our guests feel comfortable & welcome. It is not uncommon for the Hotel to receive these kind words regarding Tara and her Customer service!

I do hope you will visit us during your next visit to Winnipeg; we would love the opportunity to continue providing you with “Stellar Customer Service”!

Thank you again for your review!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice both times had a great experience. Love the water park and mineral spa. Customer service was great. The bartender even stayed opened so I could have my Long Island iced tea very much appreciated. The suite was very clean and spacious. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Onlyoneulove,

Thank you for your great review on the Clarion Hotel & Suites! I am glad the group enjoyed the Bachelorette party and our Guest room accommodations. We do offer some of the most spacious suites in the City, and the Water Park and spa are both very popular, I am pleased you had the opportunity to take in both!

It was a pleasure working with you, should you require future accommodations, I trust you will contact me directly!

Yours in Hospitality;

St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a conference but I think it would be a good stay for a personal as well. The room are very spacious with a decent bed and TV. Although I didn't get to try the pool it looked like it would be worth the effort to go there. The location of this hotel is excellent as there is a major shopping centre just across the street.
I would recommend to try and get a room on the north side(away from Portage Ave) as there is a fair bit of road noise during the rush hour.

Stayed July 2014
Richard S, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Travellfar,

Thank you for your review of the Clarion Hotel & Suites, we do appreciate your kind words! Yes, we do offer some of the largest Guest rooms in the City, and the Water Park is a must do during your next visit with us! We do hope to see you back soon, and look very forward to accommodating you once again.

Thank you for your positive review!

Sales Executive.

Been to Clarion Hotel Winnipeg? Share your experiences!