“Stellar customer service!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Winnipeg

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel Winnipeg to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Winnipeg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1445 Portage Avenue | Winnipeg Airport / Polo Park, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 3P4, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #23 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Kitchener ontario
“Stellar customer service!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel one night for business. After an early start and a long day I was facing another VERY early morning. I called downstairs and spoke to Tara in the lounge and she went above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Tara is quick and thinks outside the box as she clearly demonstrates that customer service is not within a box! Thank you Tara for being the light at the end of my long day and for making the following morning more bearable! You are representing your brand very very well!!

• Stayed July 2014
Richard S, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Karnak 123,

Thank you for your great review on the Clarion Hotel & Suites!

Tara is a very big asset to the Hotel, and we recognize just how lucky we are to have her. I myself have noticed just how often she goes out of her way to help make our guests feel comfortable & welcome. It is not uncommon for the Hotel to receive these kind words regarding Tara and her Customer service!

I do hope you will visit us during your next visit to Winnipeg; we would love the opportunity to continue providing you with “Stellar Customer Service”!

Thank you again for your review!

Sales Executive.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel twice both times had a great experience. Love the water park and mineral spa. Customer service was great. The bartender even stayed opened so I could have my Long Island iced tea very much appreciated. The suite was very clean and spacious. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Onlyoneulove,

Thank you for your great review on the Clarion Hotel & Suites! I am glad the group enjoyed the Bachelorette party and our Guest room accommodations. We do offer some of the most spacious suites in the City, and the Water Park and spa are both very popular, I am pleased you had the opportunity to take in both!

It was a pleasure working with you, should you require future accommodations, I trust you will contact me directly!

St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a conference but I think it would be a good stay for a personal as well. The room are very spacious with a decent bed and TV. Although I didn't get to try the pool it looked like it would be worth the effort to go there. The location of this hotel is excellent as there is a major shopping centre just across the street.
I would recommend to try and get a room on the north side(away from Portage Ave) as there is a fair bit of road noise during the rush hour.

Stayed July 2014
Richard S, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Travellfar,

Thank you for your review of the Clarion Hotel & Suites, we do appreciate your kind words! Yes, we do offer some of the largest Guest rooms in the City, and the Water Park is a must do during your next visit with us! We do hope to see you back soon, and look very forward to accommodating you once again.

Thank you for your positive review!

Warm regards,

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I work for a wireless retail provider, and have used the Clarion Winnipeg in the past for meetings. They never disappoint in terms of service, amenities or location. We held a 3-Day orientation in the BC room and had lunch provided daily. One of the attendees also stayed at the hotel as they were from out of town. They also enjoyed their room quality and cleanliness quite a bit.

Room Tip: Location is excellent & with free parking. Close to the airport and largest shopping centre/dist...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello Steve,

Thank you so much for your review of the Clarion Hotel and Suites – It is very much appreciated!

I am glad that our Staff was able to deliver the level of service expected. As I mentioned during your stay, we are starting our major renovations and can only anticipate that we will be exceeding all of your expectations moving forward. Renovations will include all of our common areas, Meeting facilities & Guest rooms. Our water park upgrades are complete and we are now moving into our next phase of remodeling.

We look very forward to welcoming you back for your next meeting. I trust you will contact me directly should you have any special requests, we are happy to accommodate you & your groups in comfort & style. Thank you again for your business!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our family. Great hotel, convenient location. Quite handy. Nice big rooms and very clean. The pool area was also nice and my family enjoyed it. I was quite shocked however with 60 plus people in the pool there was no lifeguard on duty. I saw several older kids smack into younger kids on the water slide and thought it was all a matter of time before someone was seriously hurt.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello Ebranties,

Thank you for your great review and your positive comments regarding the Clarion Hotel & Suites! I am very pleased that you and your Family enjoyed your time with us while in Winnipeg. We do in fact offer some of the largest guest rooms in the City and we are quite fortunate to be located so close to the Airport and Polo Park Mall.

As you experienced, our pool is a very popular attraction with our Guests. This space features a kid’s pool, hot tub, primary pool and a 3-story water slide complete with cascading waterfall! The Hotel also offers an organic salt water pool, mineral pool and steam shower located on the upper pool deck, which is attached to our full service “Urban Oasis Spa”!

We are all quite excited as we are in the process of renovating the entire property, and we have just made some very recent safety upgrades to the water park including a non-slip floor throughout the entire area, and the primary pool has been converted to Salt Water as compared to Chlorine for our Guests with allergy and chemical sensitivities.

Our Guests safety is the top priority for us, and all of the safety procedures implemented throughout the entire property of course extend into our pool area. This includes such items as the non-slip floor, emergency phone, video surveillance, on site AED's and Hotel staff trained in first aid & CPR. The pool is also permitted to hold up to a maximum of 85 Guests.

In addition, Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an Adult or they will not be permitted into the pool area. And as with most hotels, we of course have signage noting to parents and guests that there is "no lifeguard on duty". Our Guest Services staff also have a clear view of the Pool area from both an observation deck & through video monitoring, and they are quite observant during operational hours of the water park.

I do hope the above response eases any concerns you may have regarding the safety of the pool area and the Hotels facilities. We look very forward to welcoming your family back to Winnipeg and enjoying all the Clarion Hotel has to offer. Please contact myself directly if there is anything I can do to help make your next stay with us even more enjoyable!

Winnipeg, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This hotel should teach classes on customer service. From the second we checked in until the moment we checked out. The front desk, the spa ladies, the manicurist and everyone in between made every effort to make this a special stay for us. It was a special night for us as one of our foursome is very, very ill. We wanted a night to relax, get our nails done and just enjoy our time together. I was overwhelmed with the kindness and attention to detail that was shown. A+

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kinds words regarding your most recent stay at The Clarion Hotel & Suites!
We are so glad you were able to enjoy your evening with us, especially given the circumstances surrounding your group. We are so proud of the customer service that we are able to offer, from our front desk to our spa.
I hope this was a memorable stay for you, and you will again think of us the next time you are looking for a night away.

Until next time,

Allison Lennox
Sales Manager
Allison@clarionwpg.com
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband surprised me with a night at the Clairion Hotel, little did he know that when booking online he was automatically given a smoking room. As I checked in I was informed about having a smoking room, and that there was no availability to move rooms. A staff took me up to check the room since I was apprehensive and the smell was awful. I can't believe that smoking in a hotel is still legal! The staff was apologetic regarding having only the smoking room left for the evening. He promised to speak to his manager, Nicollette who offered to call other hotels in the area to have us moved to.

Moments later Nicollette came back and informed me that she was able to move us into a suite for the night!. Apologizing for the inconvenience she also provided me with 2 free entries to the mineral pool and steam room area.

I am so grateful that Nicollette saved our special "stay-cation" because if not we probably would have just gone home. We enjoyed our time in the mineral pool (which was completely empty in the evening). Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and we had absolutely no complaints at all.

Thank you Nicollette and front desk staff!!

Room Tip: Specify a non-smoking room in comments!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hello Lauren, thank you for your excellent review of the Clarion Hotel & Suites!

I am very happy that our front desk staff was able to accommodate you in a non-smoking Suite during this very busy time. The City was very eventful during your stay with us, and we were in a sold-out position, as were many of the Hotels in the Area. So, I am very pleased that you decided to stay with us and had a great experience with your Suite, and that we were able to secure a 5 Star rating in all areas of your review including the Guest room! I will be sure to thank Nicolette, as I realize without her attention to detail your review of the Hotel could have been very different.

We do still provide a handful of smoking rooms; however this will soon be a feature we no longer offer as we are moving forward with our Major Renovation. This will include all guest rooms, meeting / Banquet facilities, Water Park & all common areas of the Hotel.

We are all very excited about the Renovations, and hope you will visit us during your next stay-cation!

Thank you again for such a great review; we do appreciate it!

Sales Executive.

Been to Clarion Hotel Winnipeg? Share your experiences!