“My stay at Best Western” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1714 Pembina Highway, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2G2, Canada (Formerly Super 8)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I spent a week at this hotel this month and found my room to be quite comfortable and very clean. The cleaning staff always seemed quick and efficient, and the front desk staff were always nice.

The room itself looked nice, if a bit on the smaller side. The bathroom was tiny but had enough counter space. The frisge and microwave were nice to have.

Although the hotel is right on Pembina Hwy I never heard any traffic noise from my room at that end of the building, and rarely heard any noise from the hallway. The hotel was very quiet and I had a great sleep. There was lots of parking in the back of the hotel if needed.

Only 3 minor complaints:
- My A/C unit was a bit loud. When it came on I had to turn the TV up a few notches even though I was sitting right next to it.

- The breakfast bar in the morning laid out hot items starting at 7am, but the menu did not change in 3 days and I eventually stopped going. I love sausage but there needs to be more variety.

- The Wi-Fi in the hotel was pretty fast with a good signal in my room, and like most hotels it's tied to your room number, however EVERY TIME my devices were idle for 5 minutes I had to load a web browser and re-fresh to log back into the system... meaning no updates or notifications until a manual refresh. With multiple devices this got very annoying after 2 days of missing messages.

Overall I had a great stay and would recommend this hotel for all travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

From the ultra clean room to amazing staff , this hotel was amazing. Only negative i would say was room was warm so we turned on air conditioner which was very Loud.

Had we not needed to use it then there would be no negative.

Cost $144 with taxes and the $10 parking they charge you.

• Stayed May 2013
kenora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is our favourite place to stay when we are in Winnipeg. I frequently stay here when my daughter is getting chemo treatments. The kind, courteous staff go out of their way to ensure that we don't have anything to worry about during our stay. The rooms have always been spotless. Having a fridge in each of the rooms is a big bonus because my daughter's medication requires refrigeration. The home gym and the pool do the trick to release the tensions at the end of the day. The breakfast is fantastic! There is definitely something there to please everyone. Lastly, Linda at the front desk is the reason why staying at the Best Western Plus Pembina Inn & Suites is like a home away from home. She greats us by name and is always concerned about the person first and foremost. She is a gem! I recommend this hotel as a place to stay to all of my friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I'm the kind of traveler who leaves his bag outside as he goes through the room checking for bedbugs, so I can certainly testify that this is an exceptionally clean hotel. The staff is accommodating and helpful to the extreme and therefore more than lives up to Winnipeg's reputation as a friendly town. The location is even better than a downtown one since the parking is ample and free as well as the access to the entire city is very easy through the Pembina Highway (strangely pronounced Pemina... why do Winnipeggers eat the B?) which runs right up to Main Street and the Trans Canada Highway. A very tiny nit to pick is that the Best Western Plus label got slapped on an old Super 8 Motel and it shows. The bathroom is literally child-sized and you have to stand sideways to close the door. However this hotel has one ghastly failing that is not only inexcusable but unlike any hotel I've ever stayed in around the world: It is the single dimmest hotel anywhere! I have never stayed in a hotel where it is completely impossible to read a newspaper because there isn't enough light! There are four light bulbs in the main bed area of each room and they are 14w CFLs. Even when I removed all the lampshades it was as if the room was being lit by very bluish-white candles. This ridiculous lack of light extends throughout the hotel. The foyer is very badly lit, and the bathroom in the indoor pool area is literally so dim you'll run into the sink. Everyone is all for energy saving, but please charge me an extra dollar or two but let me see the room I'm staying in!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dryden, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel went above and beyond their duties. The staff was amazing. Could'nt do enough to make your stay extemely comfortable. There continental breakfast was amazing. They had hot and cold choices. Very large varieties to choose from. This is the only hotel that serves hot soup and light snacks complmentary at 5 pm. Giles was amazing and was extemely helpful with transporting me to and from the airport. I would most definitely stay there anytime I return to Winnipeg.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites

Address: 1714 Pembina Highway, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2G2, Canada (Formerly Super 8)
Location: Canada > Manitoba > Winnipeg
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Family Hotel in Winnipeg
#1 Romantic Hotel in Winnipeg
#2 Business Hotel in Winnipeg
#3 Best Value Hotel in Winnipeg
Hotel Class:3.5 star — BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Pembina Inn And Suites
Best Western Plus Pembina Hotel Winnipeg
Best Western Winnipeg
Winnipeg Best Western
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites Winnipeg, Manitoba

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.