“Stayed in a suite, was very roomy and CLEAN!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1714 Pembina Highway, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2G2, Canada (Formerly Super 8)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“Stayed in a suite, was very roomy and CLEAN!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my daughter for her sweet 16. We rented an L-shape bachelor suite on the 2nd floor. It was a great suite compared to others i have stayed in. It had lots of room, a kitchenette with lots of counter space, cloths and tea towels, along with place settings for the table. The bed was very comfortable and the big screen tv the kids liked as they slept on the pull out couch. The pool was fun, even for us adults. The slide was fast and fun. You could actually play in the pool without it feeling like a wading pool. The entire hotel was spotless! It was super quiet. I have stayed in many hotels and I didn't hear a single person in their rooms or and there were no kids running up and down the halls even at spring break! Cleaning staff were very nice and friendly, as well as the front desk clerk we signed in with. Free wifi was convenient. The breakfast in the morning was almost all gone by 930 when we arrived, but I liked the waffles and drink/cereal bar. The hot items were sitting for too long and were dried up and not warm. The only other concern was that it took two calls to get a blanket for the pull-out couch for the kids... Otherwise, I would for sure take the kids here again. The owner takes pride in this location and it shows!

Room Tip: The suites are very similar in price, but we liked having the family all watch tv together in the L...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had to stay at a hotel due to a house fire and the two exchange students staying with me weren't covered by insurance. I met the owner, Giles, and he was so understanding. He helped out and gave us a discount. The rooms are awesome, even pet friendly rooms were clean. Soup in evenings were a bonus. Pool is excellent. I kept seeing the employee coming in to check on the water, it's salt water so it's great for families with young babies. The slide keeps toddlers and kids happy. Internet never dropped off and was fast- each room gets its own password so I think that's how they control internet usage. Maids were awesome- I didn't need my room cleaned everyday but they kept asking if I needed clean towels or shampoo, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here every time I have travelled to Winnipeg on business and it is one of my favorite hotels Audi travel a lot on business. The breakfasts are great and the soup in the evening is a special treat! The staff are outstanding! Always friendly and eager to accommodate. The rooms are clean and that is important to me.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have been staying here for the past 3 years when I need to travel for business to Winnipeg. Each time I notice something they have improved on. This past trip the breakfast room was refreshed - same great breakfast in a better flow layout. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kenora, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The only thing we did not like was the down grade from King bed to Queen bed that was the main reason for booking the room but when we arrived we were told we were upgraded but when we got to the the room it just had a queen otherwise everything was excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights in a King room on the 4th floor. Overall, a clean, comfortable stay.

Staff are very pleasant and accommodating. The hotel offers many amenities included in the price - we appreciated not having to pay extra for things like wi-fi, parking, and use of the fitness room.

The hotel is located about 10 min south of the downtown core, with easy access to interior highways as well as the Perimeter Highway. I could see the location being an issue if someone was visiting with no car and hoping to be able to walk to downtown attractions, but as we rented a vehicle it worked out fine for us.

The included breakfast was ample with lots of variety of both healthy and indulgent alternatives. The hotel also offers complimentary soup and light snacks at 5 pm during the work week, which is a nice touch.

With the weekend came an influx of families with small children and teen and pre-teen sports teams. Hallway noise didn't seem to be a problem for us.

The rooms were well equipped with touches like new flat screen televisions and granite countertops. Housekeeping staff kept the room impeccably clean.

We used the fitness facilities daily and they were clean and the machines were in good repair.

All in all a great value and a convenient location. In the future we will definitely stay at this hotel again and I would have no problem recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013
Dryden, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We always stay here on our family trips to winnipeg. The pool area in nice, the waterslide is fun. Beds are fantasitc! And you havs to love a hot breakfast in the morning.Too bad it is not closer to anything that you may be going to see in the city. Other than that it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Pembina Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!