“overpriced but good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Red Lake, Canada
“overpriced but good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

we were all very drunk when we showed up but $230 later we left full. food was amazing but in my opinion it was quite overpriced. server was very polite, dealt with us when we were very intoxicated. would go back

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Clara, California
“OK food and good service but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Having eaten at a Keg restaurant between Detroit and Toronto, we tried this establishment for dinner. We selected The Pecabn Sirloin, a sirloin steak with pecans and feta cheese, ordering mashed for the potato selection along with an iceberg wedge with tomato chips, blue cheese, and bacon.
The salad arrived quickly and the main course was decently spaced so there was no pressure to hurry.
Bottom line, the food was OK but not better than that. The salad was fresh and tasty. The main course mashed potatoes were better than the sirloin. The meat was apparently marinated in a sauce that caused the sirloin to taste slightly sour.
The servers were efficient, got the order right the first time, and thoughtfully provided the extra plate so we could split the meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Best Visit Yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our visits to The Keg have been somewhat "hit & miss" in the past. On this occasion the food and service was excellent. My wife always goes for the crab stuffed mushroom caps as an appetizer. I went for the garlic shrimp which I expected to be much larger than the ones served. We both had the prime rib as our entrée and it was one of the best I've ever had. The food quality was great and at roughly half the cost of 529. We'll definitely be back when it's time for a treat.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Having been a long time Keg customer (I am talking over 35 years) I think I may be done. If you want lots of noise and a crowded atmosphere with only average food at best then this is the spot. We started off with the calamari and crab stuffed mushroom caps. The calamari (which comes with jalapenos) was tasteless and on this occasion, overcook. They had changed the recipe a few years ago and ditched the tzatziki sauce. I wish they still served it. Mushroom caps? Must have been button caps. Others meals we so-so but I ordered the 14oz NY steak - rare. It was brought out medium to medium well. Off it went back at that price. It returned cook blue rare and the potato and peppers cold as they were not reheated or replaced. After all of these years I think it may have been the last visit. How sad.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Great, Keg usual.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

You will not be disappointed. Every Keg i have visited regardless of the city has great food and a sense of caring is always in the air. The waiters are always near by. I recommend for a quite yet fun supper.

Visited March 2013