“Ruined our wedding night” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park

You added Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1740 Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0B3, Canada (St. James Industrial)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
“Ruined our wedding night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had made arrangments to stay here on our wedding night. Made reservations months prior and even called a few weeks ahead of time to make sure we had the room and let them know we would be arriving later in the evening. Not a problem they said. Upon arrival they informed us our room was givin away. We waited in there freezing cold lobby for about 40min till the staff member raced us to a hotel in the airport called the sheraton in a downgraded room. Was horrible. I fell asleep listening to my wife cry. The next day they picked us up and took us back to the holiday inn to get my truck. I ran in to talk to a manager and he told me there was nothin he can do. Now i stuck waiting for up to 48hrs to get a response... Nice service once again...

• Stayed June 2013
DMBruzell, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Joe from Winnipeg
First we would like to apologize for the less-than-satisfactory experiences you and your new wife encountered the evening of June 24th . As I had explained to you during our 2 conversations prior to this review, there was a number of unforeseen circumstances that ended in the double booking of our one Jacuzzi suite. As you know we made every effort to find you a Jacuzzi suite at another property , unfortunately none where available. As our hotel was sold out that evening. we where only able to find you a nice room at a very nice hotel.
Mr. Joe I can ensure that we have reviewed everything that lead to this unfortunate incident and we are working to ensure this experience is not repeated. I know we could not recreate your honeymoon evening, but I hope that you and your wife enjoyed your evening with us last weekend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Spent the last 6 nights here. Rooms are modern and well appointed. Nice to have free wifi and HDTV, not the norm in most Canadian hotels. Walls are thin and you will hear your neighbors, but wasn't a major issue for me. Lobby area is nice, has two iMacs for use and free coffee and water. Ate one night at the bar and food was very good but the service was quite slow. Only real complaint is parking. The stalls are way too small, even compact cars were unable to park properly. We had to let everyone out of the car before parking. This should be fixed.

Dear Valued Guest;
Thank you. It was a great pleasure to read your kind review which you have posted on Trip Advisor following your stay with us this June. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, that our location was well suited to your needs and that you were able to enjoy our many great amenities including The Hub Restaurant. We do apologize for the less-than-satisfactory experiences you regarding the noise coming from the hall ways and our parking stalls. I can assure you that our parking stalls are up to code, but I will speak to our ground crew to see if we are able to enlarge a few stalls around the hotel for the larger cars and trucks. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring to back to Winnipeg.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a newer hotel. As such everything is relatively fresh. The rooms were roomy and comfortable. Front desk staff attentive. The best thing was that the shuttle from the airport that starts at 5 am was made available to me at 3 am as I had a 5 am flight. Small attention to details like this will keep me coming back

Room Tip: Food at the bar was surprisingly good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Binky
Thank you for the very kind words and the vote of confidence. Although we are new our staff works very hard to meet and exceed all guest expectations. It is very reassuring to hear that we are doing just that. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Winnipeg.
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Wasn't really sure when first booking but once we arrived we where made to feel right at home. Check-in went smooth and the room was great. Traveled with the kids and the room had 1 queen and a set of twin bunks so the girls where very impresses. Modern room and everything was as advertised. The pool was small but was very clean and enjoyable. Would defenetly recommend staying here!

Dear Flyntoque
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you very much for your kind words, everyone here at the hotel appreciates knowing that they have done their job in providing a memorable stay for each and every guest, and it is especially gratify to have our guest take time out their busy day to let us know we have done our job. We look forward to welcoming you back to Winnipeg and our hotel. Thank you again.
Meaford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I found the staff extremely helpful on the several occasions I called in about my reservation. I called prior to arrival to see if the hotel could recommend a taxi service being that I have never visited Winnipeg. They told me to call when I arrived that evening. I called and within 5 mins a shuttle arrived. I found the staff equally pleasant in person. The morning I returned to the airport the night staff shuttled me to the airport before going off duty, remarkable.The hotel was clean and modern. The rooms and mattress were extremely comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to friends and will be staying again when I visit Winnipeg. Next visit I hope I have time to enjoy the pool and dining facility.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ms. Kym
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport Polo Park. The best compliment that we can possibly receive is that our guests can say that they would recommend us to other travelers. I will be sure to past your comments off to our guest service agents. Thank you again for this. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for any of your future visits to our great city.
The Pas, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Nice hotel in a central location. Pool was fun for the kids, and nice and quiet for the little kids' naps. Would have been nice to have breakfast included in the stay for the price of the room. It was a bit expensive, but a large selection made the breakfast nice for one morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms Daisy from The Pas
Thank you. It was a great pleasure to read your kind review which you have posted on Trip Advisor following your stay with us . It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your kids enjoyed the pool and our Rain Forest Splash Pad. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for any of your future visits to our great city.
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Two night stay at this great property. Very modern decor throughout the property. The room was pretty big and very stylish. Very clean room as well. Comfortable beds for a good night sleep. Breakfast was great and staff was polite and friendly, totally what you can expect from Friendly Manitoba! I recommend this hotel to anyone going to Winnipeg. Go jets Go!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sens1992 Guest

Thank you for your comments.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in May. Our team strives to create lasting memorable moments for our guests’ and we are glad that we were able to do this for you. We also thank you for sharing your nice comments with others. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park? Share your experiences!