“Good location, great view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Humphry Inn & Suites

You added Humphry Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Humphry Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   260 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 1A9, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Victoria, Canada
“Good location, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed at the Humphry Inn in late April. Unlike what others say, I loved my room at the front of the building as I could watch trains go by and admire the awesome Museum of Human Rights which, unfortunately was not yet open. With the window open, there was traffic noise from Main St. Didn't bother me.

The front desk staff was the friendliest and most helpful I think I have ever encountered - every shift. The breakfast is good for a free breakfast. Different choices on the two days I was there. I think the beds (perhaps only in some of the rooms) will be due for replacement in the not too distant future, but I had two beds for just me, and one was definitely better than the other.

There was a microwave and minifridge in my room which was handy.

I did not have a car and found everything within walking distance. I took a city bus in from the airport, and I walked to the train station the day I was leaving.

I will be back in Winnipeg as this train trip is going to become an annual event, and will definitely stay there again. Very comfortable. Looking forward to the pool being reopened.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
vivian j, Director of Sales at Humphry Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Good Day pattyinspain:

Your positive feed back is truly appreciated, and is great motivation for our hotel staff to keep doing what we do best, which is to provide exceptional guest attention.

At Humphry Inn we do our best to maintain our best in the industry standards this includes our pool renovation which Im sure you notice while here. Next will be our TV upgrades, and our beds are slatted for an upgrade in the near future as well.

Again thank you for your positive review. Next time you're in Winnipeg please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation.

Chris Martin | Sales & Marketing Manager
(204) 942 .4222

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Very friendly staff!!!! Great price and very nice and clean! Great location as we'll. comfy beds!!! Will def stay here again!!!! Close to downtown area with lots of restaurants in the area to choose from. Free breakfast was excellent as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
vivian j, Director of Sales at Humphry Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Hebson:

Thank you for such a positive review, your feed back is sincerely appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you next time. Feel free to contact me directly the next time you come to visit.

Chris Martin | Humphry Inn & Suites
204 942 4222
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I've been to the Humphry once before and it was ok for a short biz stay. It's downtown, has the required amenities (pool closed right now), free breakfast is the standard ones at these types of hotels, free parking - a total bonus, and a friendly staff.
My room smelled a bit stale when I walked in and I'm assuming that most of the rooms would be the same. If your a coffee lover, then try this, take out a coffee pack and stick it on the air outlet of the AC/Heat system. Instant coffee air freshener...not for everyone but I like coffee!
No dining at the hotel but it's a block away from restaurants and places to go.
Great value overall.

Room Tip: Get the rooms that face the back of the hotel (towards parking lot) if you are a lite sleeper becaus...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
vivian j, Manager at Humphry Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear WearyWanderer_TO:

Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with Humphry Inn & Suites when in Winnipeg for business, its our privilege to have you as our guest.

We are happy to see that you enjoyed the free hot breakfast buffet that we offer to our registered guests as an added value amenity, and that you recognize that free parking is also a great bonus while staying at our downtown hotel.

I am sorry that the smell of your room was not to your standards. At Humphry Inn cleanliness is a top priority for us, and this means the sent of your room too, our guest service agents would have loved to take care of this issue for you.

Humphry Inn & Suites does not offer a restaurant in the hotel, however across the street you will find Earls, out the rear entrance you will find Winnipeg's "Underground" mall with a full food court, and within a five minute walking distance you will find a wide variety of restaurants. Also in the room we have contact information along with menus for a mobile restaurant service that will deliver a wide range of items right to your guest room door (Just as good, if not better than room service)

If you're a very light sleeper it is suggested that you sleep facing the west side of the hotel, however if you face east the noise is generally at a minimum and you will have a great view of the Forks Market & Canadian Museum for Human Rights.

WearyWanderer_TO, thank you sincerely for your review, the next time you are in Winnipeg please feel free to contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to ensure your stay is of the true Humphry Experience.

P:(204) 942 4222
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed with family last week from Brandon. Very friendly stuff! Great location! The best price for a studio room in downtown area! Nice and clean! I will definitely come again!
Pool's not working yet!

Room Tip: Great location for MTS center!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear 618Thomas:

Thank you for such a great review!

At Humphry Inn & Suites we pride ourselves in provide our guests with an experience unparallelled to any other in the hospitality industry. I am happy to understand that our staff were very friendly and that you received the best possible value.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Please feel free to contact me directly when making your next reservation.

P (204) 942 4222
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Great service, wide selection for a free breakfast, free parking (as downtown is mad crazy to get a spot), excellent internet service and they were very clean!

Its located in the heart of Downtown, close to all restaurants you fancy to eat at, art galleries and the Forks! What more can you ask for?

Even though I stayed for a couple days, I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this city.

A big thank you to the friendly owner, Mr. Paul Kostas.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
vivian j, Director of Sales at Humphry Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Alexandra F:

We understand and appreciate that you took time out of your day to write us this most wonderful review, thank you sincerely!

As with most downtown businesses parking can be a challenge, we at Humphry Inn have done our best to ensure our guests get the safe parking they deserve, by provide onsite as well as overflowing parking at no charge for our registered guests.

Mr.Kostas is always around meeting our guests and making them feel welcome, I'm pleased to see you had the opportunity to meet him!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip, and I welcome you to contact me direct for your next reservation.

Chris Martin | Sales & Marketing Manager
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Nice enough hotel, polite and friendly staff......very disappointing that they aren't advertising their pool is currently closed for refurbishment. Breakfast is average, served on paper plates with plastic cutlery:(

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
vivian j, Manager at Humphry Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Elaine W:

Thank you for choosing to stay at Humphry Inn & Suites; it’s our privilege to have you as our guests!

To provide our guests with a superior experience the pool is going through a major renovation, our maintenance team is working tirelessly to get this back in operation for our valued guests.

I apologize that you were not informed, and invite you to contact me directly so I can discuss this issue with you.

Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Pros : king bed , shower is awesome, hot water & pressure, internet connection is probabl
y the best I've encountered, and I live on the road, friendly front of house, speedy service with issues

Cons : parking is super tight, fridge is super small, tv way too small for room, tv channels suck, and no way of knowing whats on tv as there is no listings channel, first ever encountered.

Breakfast is meh : coffee ok, juices are nice, muffins are just like sugar cupcakes, if your lucky they put out 3 bran muffins a day, all cereal is sugar cereal, all hot food is frozen reheat, so if you are a healthy eater, you get yogourt and juice, it is free though :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear blakeh1313:

As an avid Trip Advisor user, thank you for leaving us a review and giving us your feedback, it is much appreciated, as well thank you for choosing to stay with our hotel!

We are happy that for the most part you received the true Humphry experience! Our hotel ownership has invested a great deal of money ensuring that our wireless internet is top notch; we receive constant great feedback on this! Being a downtown property parking is an issue for many hotels, Humphry Inn has 86 parking stalls that are free at our hotel (1 car per registered room). When this lot is full we also offer free parking in our overflow parking lot located across the street. Tight parking tends to happen from time to time and I do sincerely apologize for this.

Each of our rooms is equipped with a mini fridge and microwaves an additional amenity that many hotels do not offer; it’s great that you had the chance to use this amenity, should you ever require additional space our front desk team will make it happen for you.

Currently our free hot breakfast buffet offers rotating items like Denver/Cheese omelets, scrambled eggs, French toast, Bacon, Sausage links, Sausage patties, an assortment of muffins, breads, donuts, fresh fruits such as bananas and apples, fruit salads, oatmeal, Activia Yogurt, granola bars, coffees and juices. With this being said we are constantly looking at ways to provide our guests with better services and amenities, we understand that times are changing and are looking at other healthy options to provide our guests. Thank you for brining this to our attention.

If possible I would love the chance to speak with you directly blakeh1313, I would like to have the opportunity to ensure your next stay is flawless.

(204) 942.4222

Been to Humphry Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!