“Opportunity for Improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park

You added Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park to your Saves list
Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1034 Elizabeth Road | at Lagimodière Boulevard, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2J 1B3, Canada   |
Ranked #47 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Brandon, Canada
“Opportunity for Improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The hotel has some work to do, the rooms are not all that great and have some funky smell to them. Check in was somewhat strange, I asked if they had a gym at their facility, I was told no and to use the water slide to get a work out........ Not sure where that comment was coming from. I do a significant of traveling internationally and I have never heard this one before! Overall a major facelift for the hotel would greatly improve the image of this facility.The breakfast was very quick and not too bad. If you are not familiar with the area, it is a bit of a challenge to get to the hotel if you are coming in from the south. It would not be my first choice in the Transcona area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
General M, Front Office Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hello Prariephyre,

My name is Rosetta and I am the Guest Services Manager at the Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park. First and foremost I want to apologize for the experience you had checking in at the front desk upon arrival . The Guest Service Agent who made the comment has been spoken to and she assured me her intention was to add humour and not be inappropriate however that comment was clearly unacceptable to us.

Canad Inns prides itself on great customer service. The last thing we want to do is make our guests feel uncomfortable. For this I am sorry.

We are always looking for ways to improve our property and as we speak many areas of the hotel are being upgraded. These comments are not taken lightly and we use them to guide us when making decisions on how to improve the quality of our rooms and guest services. I would love to speak with you further about this and invite you back to our property so that you can have a chance to see what is truly the Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park experience.

Thank you for taking the time to write in and I look forward to hearing from you.

Rosetta Troia
Guest Services Manager
204-253-2641
Extension 6340

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Beds were so comfy! Seriously it was the best sleep ever! Staff were supper friendly. The restaurant was delicious - we did breakfast. All and all I will be staying here again! They've been upgrading parts of the hotel. We found it a convenient location for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel smelled like stale cigarettes and discount laundry detergent. When I arrived I interrupted a training session, which I then got to participate in (check in took at least 3 times longer than it ought to). I have never stayed anywhere where they actually charge your credit card for damage deposit then refund it the next day - I had to enter my pin and sign a credit card slip. That is also the only way to get vouchers to be able to charge anything to your room from the restaurant. After the long trek to my basement room, I found that the toilet had been used since the room was cleaned (toilet paper in the bowl). Tried to flush it down and move on - the toilet was broken. I repacked, and was moved to a room even further into the depths of the basement and enjoyed a rhythmic clunking noise that I believe had something to do with the water park utility room that I was now next to. I refused to shower in my new room - the tub was dirty and covered in touch up paint (grey paint on a white-ish tub), peeled caulking and stained tile floor. They were kind enough to offer a free breakfast for the room switch inconvenience, which was tasty and the waitress was very nice. I was in and out on business, but would have been devastated if I had been here with my family.

Room Tip: Don't do the first floor - it's actually the basement!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi Elle R,

I want to start off by apologizing for your less than perfect stay at our facility. We pride ourselves on great customer service and our commitment to high standards, and I was sorry to hear that your most recent stay was not up to our standards.
Our Hotel is a two storey bi-level hotel. our first floor is ground level (which you might have confused it as a lower level or basement), But I can assure you that we dont have any rooms in our lower level.
We are in the process of refreshing our guest rooms and i would really much like the opportunity to make it up to you on your next visit to Winnipeg as i'm sure you will be pleased with the outcome. I will include my contact info below.

I would also like to take this time to clarify that we don't take "damage Deposits", but we do take credit cards for Incidentals, as our hotel is a true destination centre with many ameniities, such as our AALTOS Garden Cafe, Playmakers Sports & gaming Lounge, Room Service, In Room Movies, Splashers Waterpark, and the Ambassador Banquet & Conferance facilities, it is very convenient for many of our guests to room charge meals and other incidentals.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did and where we can improve, and I look forward to speaking further with you for your next stay in WInnipeg.

Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park
204-958-5010
allan@canadinns.com
Fort Worth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

When I arrived they gave me a room on the first floor ( in fact that is the basement ). The room had a window that, for my surprise, opens to the floor level of the kitchen of the hotel's restaurant. If you open the curtain, the people working at the restaurant can see inside of your room. There is no natural light in the room. The cell signal is zero in this basement room. When I went to the front desk to ask for another room, I was informed that the entire second floor was entirely reserved for CN (Canadian National ) employees. The only choice was going to a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park.I do apologize for your less than perfect experience at our property, it is a very busy time of year and our hotel rooms sell out incredibly fast, and at the time of your stay we did have a large number of rooms dedicated to CN Railway.
I can assure you that we dont have a basement level at our hotel, it is actually Ground Level, I can also assure you that we have addressed the room view and it is being remedied.
As our guest, you deserved better. I would like to request that you contact me directly so I may "Make this Right" as outlined in our Service Guarantee and commitment to Guest Satisfaction.
I am confident that given another opportunity, our Team will demonstrate the true nature of our hospitality and our property as a true Destination Centre. I do look forward to speaking with you.

204-958-5010
allan@canadinns.com
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I would like to express my experience at the Canad Inns Windsor Park as a wonderful time for myself and my family.
The staff is always smiling and very approachable. From Front desk to house keepers and servers in the restaurant.
They made our stay feel like we were all at home.
The rooms are comfortable and affordable and the dining area is so so clean and the food was great - love the soups!!
Thank you for a stress free stay we really appreciate the extra mile the staff has done for my family.
Keep it up!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi 615franca43,

It brings great joy to our Canad Inns Family to know that your family had a great time and enjoyed their stay.
"Going the extra mile" is another way we demonstrate our commitment to service excellence; I am also pleased you were able to visit AALTOS Garden Cafe and enjoyed our SOUPS !
Once again, Thank you for choosing Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park and we look forward to seeing you and the family back again soon.

Wabigoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We visit Winnipeg 2 to 3 times a year and stay here every time. We have been staying here for years. The Staff is so friendly and warm we feel so at home. We like the location and the rooms are comfy and the food is great. We wouldn't think of staying any where else. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We're a military family from Winnipeg and will *only* stay here. Affordable, fun and helpful. Lots for every age to do so we (and the kids!) are never bored. The restaurants, the club, the casino, the pool and especially the water park keep us all very busy and very entertained. Can't wait for our next visit!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hi Military_M0m2009

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did and for your kind words.
Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park is truly a Destination Centre with Multiple Meeting Rooms, Banquet and Conferance Centres, 54 hotel Rooms, Pool area equipped with Kiddie Pool, Hot Tub, and Waterslide, Playmakers Gaming Lounge, Cowboys Roadhouse the true home of Country music, and Stereo Nightclub & Event Centre Which can transform any event into a multifasceted interactive experience with our State of The Art Video, Lighting and Sound System, and last but not least our AALTOS Garden Cafe which is renownend for its Fantastic buffet creations and delicious foods.
We are minutes away from multiple family attractions and we are a favorite amongst families travelling with little ones' to large sporting teams looking for some relaxation.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Allan Rapisarda

Been to Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park? Share your experiences!