“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry
and 1 more site!
You added Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry to your Saves list
Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1792 Pembina Highway, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2G2, Canada   |
Ranked #39 of 65 Hotels in Winnipeg
Vancouver, Canada
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Nice, enjoyable and relaxing stay for a very reasonable price with complimentary breakfast... Our room was clean and the beds were comfy. The staff are all courteous, accomodating and cheerful. Overall, I would stay here again...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ederlyn G, Front Office Manager at Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Express by Canad Inns. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your feedback to our team.

We look forward to see you again on your next visit!

Guest Services Manager

Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The guest services are first rate! They always try to accomodate you your needs. They are very nice and polite and are patient in answering questions. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Sometimes TV reception is poor. Parking is a bit cramped but it's a short walk to your room. The hotel is located in a great location, near a Safeway and restaurants and an interchange. A very good value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We really appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Express by Canad Inns. It's always a pleasure to receive a positive and constructive feedback from our guests. In regards to poor tv reception, I have brought this concern up to our Maintenance Manager. Canad Inns recognizes the importance of regular inspections and product maintenance to better serve our guests.

I will share your comment with our team as we make it a priority to ensure our guests a comfortable "at home" feeling when they stayed with us.

We look forward to see you again on your next visit.

Guests Services Manager
Dauphin, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Hi. My 10 year old daughter and I stayed here when we came to Winnipeg for her swimming provincials. The people across the hall came in at 4:30 am and continued their partying until 6:45 am. We learned some lovely new words. I phoned the front desk at 5 am and went down in person at 6:45 am to complain. My little girl was exhausted and had to swim 3 races that morning. There is absolutely no sound proofing in the hotel. I only stayed the 2 nd night as the front desk assured me they were checking out. I will be using the Holiday Inn down the road for the next swim meet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ederlyn G, Front Office Manager at Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear kelly9902,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Express by Canad Inns. Please accept my apologies for the discomfort that you and your daughter endured during your stay on Friday & Saturday night. Further, I would like to apologize that the Guest Service Agent that handled your complaint was unable to further assist in dealing with your concerns.
Your experience at Express by Canad Inns was not to our usual standard. We apologize that we failed to meet our standards of service. I know that sincere words of regret and apology cannot make up for this inconvenience.
Again, please accept my apologies. I understand that your stay with us left a bad impression overall, but I sincerely hope you will give us another chance. I would like to discuss your visit further and invite you to contact me directly at egevero@canadinns.com so I can address your concerns first hand.

Guest Services Manager
Red Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We used Hotwire secret deal... and we got this place. When we first pulled up there was a couple of guys out front having a cigarette and look slightly intoxicated... We were like ohhh noooo.... I went in and the foyer was super outdated and old school.... Again I was like ohh nooo! The front desk guy was super nice and made me laugh cause he was trying to remember everything he was supposed to tell me. We went up to our room and opened the door and was very pleasantly suprised! The room was big, clean and fresh smelling. We got 2 double beds instead of one king but that was ok. They had white linens and duvet, lots of pillow's and a flatscreen. The bathroom was a bit small but was clean and new. The room was totally renovated and really nice. Even had a litte table and 2 chairs. We would totally stay here again. The location is great.. lots of restuarants around and st vital mall is just down the road.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ederlyn G, Manager at Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at Express by Canad Inns. I am pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We really appreciate your feedback to improve our customer service and creating a positive experience for our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we are looking forward to see you again.

Guest Service Manager
Nanaimo, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Arrived around midnight and spent over an hour at the front desk because they could not find my reservation. The front desk person was nice but she acted as if she was doing me a favour by giving me a room.

There was a halloween party that night and several times people were banging on my door in the middle of the night. Loud drunk people in the hallway until 4 or 5 am.

At checkout I expressed my concerns and the girl at the front desk was not interested. I had waited over 30 minutes to check-out because they didn't seem to know how to handle the customer in front of me.

The only reason to go to this hotel is the room was nicely renovated. The lobby and everything else is very dated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

The Express by Canad Inns is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance.

Your comments are important to the success of our Company, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from Canad Inns.

I would like to discuss your visit further and invite you to please contact me directly so I can address your concerns first hand.

Guest Service Manager

Been to Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry? Share your experiences!