“AMAZING EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aikens Lake Wilderness Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
Aikens Lake Wilderness Lodge
You added Aikens Lake Wilderness Lodge to your Saves list
Box 48084 | RPO Lakewood, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2J 4A3, Canada   |
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

FANTASTIC PLACE”

Reviewed July 27, 2014 NEW

We were a party of 31 in mid-June and we knew we were in for a treat when the entire crew welcomed us at the dock when our float plane arrived, and that was just the beginning! The resort itself is amazing and we had the entire lake to ourselves during our stay! The accommodations and the food were excellent, and Mollies Bar was a great place to hang out after dinner for pool and shuffleboard! Julie and Pit, who run the place couldn't have been nicer or more attentive!
I had never been fly in fishing before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but the guides at Aikens were so great they made the trip! Our guides were all college kids, there for the summer, and they really took good care of us! If you can get Sean, JB or Eric you will have great fishing and a lot of fun! On the last hour of our last day Sean found a great spot and Bobby and I must have caught 30 fish in an hour, which was a great way to put an explanation point on a great trip!

I can't imagine a better place than spending a few days with Julie and Pit at Aikens!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
aikenslake, Guest Relations Manager at Aikens Lake Wilderness Lodge, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. It was just as much for us hosting you and your group - what a nice gang! We are glad that the guides were able to show you to some great fishing. They really enjoyed their time in the boats with all of you.
Hope to see you all next year! Take care,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Spent July 23-26, 2014 at Aikens Lake. We were a group of 23, and once we arrived at Aikens Lake, our experience began. We were greeted by the staff upon arrival, then shown us our accomodations prior to heading out fishing for the afternoon. The weather was hot, the fishing was good, and the food is great. There were many first timers there, and the shore lunch meals were a fan favorite by all of us.Molly's Bar is a great gathering place in the evenings to share stories, play shuffleboard, billiards, and unwind for the evening.Overall, a great experience from all of us who attended. The staff are very professional, friendly, and take their jobs seriously, and that was noticed by all.

Thanks for a great time, as this trip was a top notch event.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
aikenslake, Guest Relations Manager at Aikens Lake Wilderness Lodge, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for the review, Gary! You and your group were great. We all had a wonderful time hosting you guys. We are glad you all had such a great trip.
And thank you again for the nice speech in Big Molly's on your last night. We all appreciated it.
We will see you again next year!
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Just returned from our second couples trip to Aikens (combined with several solo trips by my hubby). Weather wasn't the greatest, fishing was a bit tough when we were there - not very many trophies (none by us) but we still enjoyed celebrating the success of other guests. It was nice to meet up with old friends (other guests, staff & the management team) & to share in other peoples success on the water. As always Julie does the little extras to make it really enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words! It's always nice having you two up here.
It's too bad that fishing was a little bit tough for you this year... but we are glad you had a great time anyway.
See you both soon!
Take care,
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I decided to do something different for our 25th anniversary, and decided on a luxury fishing trip. After much research, I found Aikens Lake and it looked perfect - remote, with great fishing, great food and an attentive staff. We were there for 8 days, and had the trip of a lifetime. Flying in was exciting - especially when you realize how remote it truly is. A whole lake with rivers and streams all to yourself (and the other lodge guests, but the lake is so big, we rarely saw the other boats). The whole staff was on the dock to meet us, and we were given a tour and shown to our cabin. Cabins are charming and very comfortable - we were in a 2 bedroom cabin with sitting area and small kitchenette, and screened in porch with a lovely view of the lake. Breakfasts and dinners are fantastic - the chef is great and puts a lot of thought into how the food is prepared and presented. We definitely left a bit heavier than when we arrived! Happy hours were a lot of fun, and gave us the chance to get to know some of the other guests. But, the highlight was definitely the fishing! Absolutely beautiful scenery, an amazing guide and fishing to our heart's content. Our guide, Eric, was wonderful! He really knows the lake and how to fish it. He was also very patient in helping us to learn the techniques we needed to catch Walleye and Pike (we are in Oregon, so quite different when you're fishing for salmon...) We caught so many fish I actually lost count - even though I was trying since I was in a "friendly" competition with my husband, Greg ;) I managed to catch some great walleye and joined the Century Club, and Greg caught a trophy Whitefish - the 15th largest ever caught in Manitoba! And how to describe the rush you get when reeling in a big pike?! Shore lunches were always very tasty, and we looked forward to trying all the different ways Eric knew how to prepare them. The boat and the equipment were top notch, and we even took a boat out ourselves in the evening because, well, we could! The staff were absolutely first rate - everyone from the dock hands to housekeeping were attentive and friendly, and went out of their way to make sure we always had everything we needed. I cannot stress enough how welcome they made us feel, and that they were happy we were there. Pit and Julie really work hard to make sure their Lodge offers everything you could possibly want for a memorable fishing trip. We were so impressed that we already booked a return trip for next year - and I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review and for sharing your photos! It was really nice having you up here, and we are so glad that your experience on and off the water was so memorable.

See you again next summer, to celebrate your 26th wedding anniversary! :)
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

A+++++ The perfect all inclusive Canada fishing experience.

We lost count of all the Walleye we caught and the shore lunches, don’t get me started……yum!!! I still can’t decide what I liked better, the beer batter, Cajun or the lemon pepper….they were all sooooo good. The accommodations were great and we met a lot of great people from across the US and Canada during our stay. The lodge meals were gourmet; pork loin, steak, ribs, stuffed chicken to name a few and the desserts were amazing (particularly enjoyed the pecan pie).

Above everything I mentioned the thing that stuck out for me the most was the level of customer service and friendliness of the staff. Everyone I encountered made it a point to stop and ask me how my day was going and engage in conversion…..it was true service with a smile.

And finally there was our guide Ben who exceeded our expectations. He was continually working with us on different fishing techniques and the occasional time (very occasional) we weren’t catching fish there were no worries because he always had several other hot spots to quickly move to.

If you’re a hardcore fisher or a hobbyist you won’t be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Wow! What a nice review. Thank you!
We will make sure to pass it along to Ben, he will definitely appreciate it.
Take care!
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

A good friend of mine and I just returned from Aikens Lake Lodge. Fantastic experience, great staff, outstanding facilities, and a very friendly place. And lots of fish! Having been to several fly in lodges over the years, none compare to this. I highly recommend signing up and experiencing it for yourself.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the kind words, Larry. We are glad you guys had a great time here! It was a pleasure hosting you.
We hope to see you again next year!
Take care,
Alliston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

First trip ever to Aikens Lake. My husband went with his father and our youngest son, Tate. Tate is 12 and he loves to fish!!! This was a dream trip for him. He caught a 33 inch lake trout and was beyond excited! Their guide, Alex was absolutely amazing and really went above and beyond especially with Tate. They really enjoyed the food and the accommodations were awesome. The fishing is exceptional. Tate thought "Happy Hour" was great!!! The wifi worked quite well and my husband was able to facetime with me a few times! When I was researching Fly in fishing trips I was happy to read the reviews on Trip Advisor and it was a part of why I chose Aikens Lake for my family to go to. The part that made up my mind for sure that this would be the perfect spot was my conversation with Pit, the owner. My first impression was that he was very excited to have my family come to his resort and he was so welcoming. Right when they arrived they knew this place was going to be fabulous. Pit and Julie really know how to provide an environment for an amazing experience!!! If anyone is looking for a "Fly in" fishing experience, look no further because this is definately the place you want to go!!! It is a pleasure to share our happiness with a trip advisor review. My husband actually left a deposit for next year before he left, It was that good!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are glad that the Trip Advisor reviews played a big part in the booking process - and now here you are leaving a great review too! Thank you!

The guys looked so happy while they were here. It's always so special to host multigenerational trips!

All the best,

Been to Aikens Lake Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!