“Good beds. Excellent service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn & Suites, Winnipeg Downtown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn & Suites, Winnipeg Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn & Suites, Winnipeg Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   360 Colony Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2P3, Canada (Formerly Red River Hotel & Suites Winnipeg) (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Sheboygan, WI
“Good beds. Excellent service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and the room was clean. Anything we asked for the front desk tried to accommodate. Parking was available in the lot next door, but was a bit dicey, so don't leave any valuables in your car! The room itself was small, but sufficient and had a refrigerator. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Kyne H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience here at the Holiday Inn and Suites Winnipeg Downtown. I will share your comments with the staff as this is the type of service we strive to achieve. Thank you again and I hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed at this property for two nights. Getting to the property was a bit of a challenge due to construction, and when I reached out to the hotel reception by phone, they were not sure how to guide me to the property. Apart from that episode, my stay was pleasant, room was clean and the restaurant was good.

I would recommend this location for business, however not for R and R.

Stayed July 2014
Kyne H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive experience you had with our hotel. I am happy you had the chance to take advantage of all we have to offer with our great location and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the street construction, we are happy it has now been completed. Thank you again and I hope to see you again soon!
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in July. This was a nice place to stay, and very central. Buses and taxis right out side the front lobby. The breakfast experience was a little more expensive than I expected but the food was great. The hours of operation for the Bar were terrible however the staff were all pleasant and helpful. Street people outside the lobby and around the hotel in general should be dealt with in a more aggresive manner using increased Security. The room itself was was clean and neat and had all necessary amenities.

Room Tip: Higher up is better to avoid noise of emergency vehicles all night long.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed in this hotel last May for 2 nights on business.

Driveway was very cramped and there was a queue of 3 cars when I got in so I got off my cab at the curb.

Lobby was also very small but the staff was very efficient and courteous - got me checked in quickly.

It was an old building but facilities and amenities were well-kept. Rooms were surprisingly large and spacious for a Holiday Inn.

There's a restaurant at the lobby called Peppermill but wasn't able to try it out during my stay. There's a Starbucks in a separate area of the building which - very convenient for business travelers. There's also a pub beside the building called Garbonzos - an ok place to have a quick dinner and drink. Tried it out on a Wed (wings night) and the wings were tasty. There's also a mall within 5 mins walk if one needs a pharmacy, etc.

Over-all, I look at the hotel as a dependable & comfortable place to stay when I need to be in downtown Winnipeg. Starbucks and proximity to the mall are pluses, as well as large standard rooms. Staff were efficient although I can't say outstanding in customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience here at the Holiday Inn and Suites Winnipeg Downtown. I am happy you had the chance to take advantage of all we have to offer with our great location. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in June. The front desk staff was very helpful throughout my stay (including very late check in, aiding to get my luggage - which Air Canada had lost, lending me office supplies until my luggage arrived, and helping me ship business materials back once my stay ended). The rooms themselves are very typical of Holiday Inn rooms, and included a spacious desk with a good supportive desk chair. Also, the hotel was conveniently located so you could walk most places downtown Winnipeg or in the Exchange District in 10-20 minutes.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed here for a conference, when I booked the hotel I was not told that I had to pay extra for parking or that there was no breakfast. I literally had to pay for parking twice because the hotel wouldn't let me pay extra to keep my car at the hotel 2 hours longer then they allow. The room was clean however the desk clerk was rude and told me I should expect the service I got for the price I paid. However I could of stayed anywhere else and atleast saved the 30 bucks I paid for parking for less then 24 hours. Will never stay here again, or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for commenting on your stay with us back in August 2013. We strive to offer all our guests a comfortable, affordable and great location for everyone to enjoy all downtown has to offer with easy access. I apologize that you were not aware of the parking charges. Like most downtown hotels, we do not own the parking, and pass the charges on to our guests. We have invested in the equipment to allow us to be able to program room keys and negotiated with the parking lot owners to allow in and out access for our guests in the multi-level parking attached to the hotel. The parking that the hotel sells is only valid until a certain time the day of check out, so guest that require to park longer would have to pay for the additional time, the same as any downtown parking lot. Our hotel is a full service Holiday Inn, which does not include breakfast in the rates, but has a great menu selection to choose from. We do offer room package upgrades that do include breakfast for those type of travelers looking for a little extra value with their stay. I will be reviewing your comments with our team to ensure proper guest service training as we strive to treat each and every guest with hospitality and respect. We strive to ensure the delivery of a safe, comfortable, relaxing stay that all our guests can expect when staying with us.
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The staff are very friendly,helpful and go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are updated, clean and the beds/pillows are very comfortable. The hotel is downtown so is very convenient to activities and shopping. The attached Peppermill restaurant has great food at reasonable prices. Overall, we loved our stay at this hotel and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for commenting on your stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites Winnipeg Downtown. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations, whenever we can and truly appreciate your feedback. I hope we see you again soon for your next visit to Winnipeg.

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites, Winnipeg Downtown? Share your experiences!