“Nice hotel, nice location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown

You added Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   360 Colony Street | Corner of Colony and Portage, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2P3, Canada (Formerly Red River Hotel & Suites Winnipeg) (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Winnipeg
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Nice hotel, nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Solid service, clean room, helpful staff. Just two issues keeping it from a full 5 stars - the parking garage being locked at 11, thus requiring me to walk outside the hotel to get to the car which wasn't a big deal but was a nuisance and the pool was closed which I did not know about when I booked the room online. Luckily they did set up free access to the YMCA which was in eyeshot (through a parking lot) of the hotel which kept me at 4 stars instead of 3. Reasonably close to everything we needed, with the mall just a few KM away by car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your stay. I am glad you had an opportunity to take advantage of the YMCA, while our pool area was being upgraded. Phase one is now been complete and the pool area is up and running. I hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Have stayed here for business several times. Never had any problems - staff always helpful. I asked to charge rooms on my last stay - no problem, they got me another room on the same floor immediately. As of May 2013 the pool is being refurbished so guests can use the YMCA facilities at no cost, 1 block away. The YMCA has a full size pool and a huge gym so take advantage of this bonus while you can!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience. I am happy you always receive the service that we strive to offer. I hope to see you again soon!
Brandon, MB, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I would like to clarify that I use the meeting room space here. We have been using this space over a few years. Please note, I would not choose to stay here - the rooms are small but basic and have improved since becoming a HI again. People are friendly in the hotel but the area does not feel safe anymore. I was actually attacked by a druggie at the Timmies near by at 10 am Saturday morning.
Meeting space is poor, poor lighting poor and poor quality. Plus for some strange reason HI insists on using this horrible air scent spray in the front lobby and public areas. The washrooms are just chocking. If you have any problems with scents, stay away!
I have tried to educate the hotel staff about the problem associated with these scents, they agree but say nothing can be done because its a HI policy.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Ilove2Swim,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry we were not able to deliver based on your expectations on this day especially with the condition of the bathroom facility and unusual smell in the meeting space. I assure you that every comment is taken very seriously and we will certainly use yours to improve on our efforts.

We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
St-Alphonse-Rodriguez, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Why Holiday Inn Winnipeg Downtown,

All the staff take care of your needs. Coffee every morning in the lobby. Office center for guest at the lobby level. Two blocks for my work. I had a room at level 11, comfortable, clean, King bed, fridge, microwave, WIFI, newspaper. Better price than some other around. Very well located, restaurant, shopping mall, Coffee shop, MTS Center.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter, room at the back corner.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I usually travel to Winnipeg for business and this hotel is close to all my needs. Rooms are clean, staff is very helpful and friendly. Never had a problem and will return every time I'm in town. Actually yes, the parking lot is a little "scary"....but still safe. I like the Starbucks down the hall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the attached Starbucks.

I hope to see you again soon!
Eganville, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

A nice property, with lovely clean and comfortable rooms and helpful staff. We were on a cross-country road trip so it was not too convenient to the Trans Canada, but that's not the hotel's fault! It would be very convenient if your destination was downtown Winnipeg. The parking ($15) was a bit scary - a security guard warned me not to leave anything in the car and there were signs all over the place to the same effect - " . . there HAVE been break-ins." (our car was fine by the way)

Room Tip: park your car under a light
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Winnipeg. As with all major downtown hotels, we do not own the parking and as such do have to charge for parking, however this partnership does allow for in and out access to the attached parkade during your stay. Most parking lots in Winnipeg do advise not to leave any valuables visible to discourage any attraction to vehicles for its content. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future and hope you enjoyed your cross-country road trip!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

The room was fine but ruined for me because the toilet was so dirty! It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks! We stayed in room 203. Otherwise the hotel is average but we did get a good last minute deal on the price via Price Line.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for the shape of the toilet in your room. This is not normal for our hotel and is being addressed with our Executive Housekeeper and the entire housekeeping team. We pride ourselves in offering a clean and relaxing environment for our guests and take comments like this very serious. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future and experience the Holiday Inn standard we hold ourselves to.