“Very average!” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 1
and 1 more site!
You added Motel 1 to your Saves list
Motel 1
3760 Portage Ave. | 101 Bypass & Portage West, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3K 1A1, Canada (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #58 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
“Very average!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Cable sucked. Not fancy, not runned down. Its alright! Had a very soft bed. No complants. Would stay again if i need a place to crash! Altough i would not eat there breakfast due to seeing the bread and some snacks in what looked like a suply closet!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lindsay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

After leaving the Capri Motel disgusted, I was on a mission to find a place to sleep. I stumbled upon Motel One. Once I decided to stop here, I was greeted in a pleasant manner, I asked the price and was quoted $77 taxes and fees in. Was given a room on the 3rd floor. For the most part it was fairly clean. Carpet, should have been shampooed. Top of Tub-surround looked like it needed a good scrubbing. Overall, it was quiet, bed was comfortable, and the TV worked. I, however did not like the continental breakfast wasn`t good. Cereal was stale, juice was like Tang, and noticeably found all the products were the generic products from Walmart. Had to go to Tim`s for something decent. I would recommend this for the value when it comes to the room. Oh, I forgot something in the room, and the staff were pleasant & accomadating in retrieving it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Edmonton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I checked in Friday, August 31, 2012 as this seemed like a decent place from the exterior. I awoke about 7:30 a.m. to the feel of something crawling on my arm. I flicked it off, went to the bathroom for some tissue, and picked up the bug from the sheet and squeezed it dead. It was full of blood...my blood. I lifted the rest of the blankets and pillow and found a half dozen critters large and small scurrying away. I captured them in a glass with tissue, covered it up and brought them down to the unsympathetic staff. STAY AWAY folks - I have the tell tale welts all over my arms and legs today (Sept. 2/12) and they are itchy as heck.. Had to wash and dry everything twice that I brought on the trip. David from Edmonton, AB

Room Tip: stay away or wait until they fumigate the place.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very handy on main highway and on the edge of the city to find. Parking available onsite. Lobby was small but staff efficient.Service was quick, quick lift to the upper floors. Room large and clean with listed facilities, quite despite being on the highway side.Breakfast couldnt complain looked fresh, adequate so people must be too fussy if so options are within a few minutes walk infact one is right next door. I would stay again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Swan River, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We Check in that went fine ok the rooms are clean the night was quiet but the breakfast was not good at all I refused to go for it after my mom got to the room and she told and she allso said that some one else was not happy with the way it was I refused to go down there was only tost,coffee,cerale and Einglsh muffen witch you can have coffee in your room.

Room Tip: Room are the same as was when supper 8 not change at all only the name has
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stopped here while driving cross-country, when we were too tired to look any harder for anything. I'm glad in retrospect that I didn't read the previous review that said they had bedbugs... we didn't see any or notice any symptoms.

The room seemed clean and was basic -- nothing special. When we arrived late at night, there were still breakfast leftovers sitting out in the lobby where they put the food. The selection of food the next morning left a lot to be desired if you're trying to eat in a healthy way -- there were doughnuts, white bread, white bagels, and white english muffins... and instead of juice they had orange tang.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

See below review. I still stand by everything I said, but they did in the end refund our money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Motel 1? Share your experiences!