“Nice hotel, friendly and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport

You added Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1999 Wellington Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 1H5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in Winnipeg
Gatineau
“Nice hotel, friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here in March 2013 for one night with a meeting the following day before checking out. I thought it was a very nice hotel - modern lobby, restaurant and bar. My room was bit dated but very comfortable and clean. The afternoon we arrived there was a special activity in the lounge for all the guests where you could meet the sales staff and have a few snacks and drinks on the house - this is a cool idea, particularly for me as a meeting planner to learn more about the hotel and their plans for the future. Also, with Winnipeg's new airport (which is awesome btw!), the hotel is no longer connected to the airport but their shuttle service is excellent and convenient.

I think the that key to the success of this hotel is the staff - very friendly and helpful! Thanks for a really nice experience at your hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

New Minas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel has everything a guest could ask for complimented by a five star staff. It's perfectly located, their food is excellent, the rooms are exceptionally well appointed, and there's no need to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Pick one that's in the building. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
FPWPGAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We really strive to ensure our guests have the best stay possible and appreciate all feedback. Hopefully we'll be able to host you again soon.

Kris Vosper
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We recently flew into the Winnipeg airport at 11:30 pm - then had to fly out the next morning at 11:00 am. This hotel was an excellent place to overnight.

We called the shuttle -- as we only had light clothing from our beach holiday (and it was -10 and snowy in Winnipeg). The shuttle picked us up and had us in the hotel in under 5 minutes. The room was cozy and quiet - which was a wonderful change from noisy late nights at the holiday resort.

The next morning we had a fabulous breakfast in the restaurant - bacon and eggs -- coffee and juice. This was included in our room rate. Then the shuttle took us back to the airport.

Overall - an excellent hotel for any stopovers at the Winnipeg airport. I wish all airports had such a convenient and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I'm currently staying at the hotel, so this review is fresh. I booked a one night stay as I have an early flight in the AM. My assistant requested a PB&J sandwich as a special request for me as I was arriving on a late flight. (11:30pm) She also booked me a suite at 185.00/night inclusive of breakfast. On checkin I was given 2 coupons for two beers from room service/ the bar. (Starwood Best Brews package) Called room service on check-in to order some food and beer. Advised cannot get me beer as its late. Fair enough, thought I would be advised at check-in as I advised the front desk I needed an 8:00am wake up call as I had a morning flight. Why give me coupons that I cannot use? Went back to the front desk to inquire. Was told to compensate me they would give me a continental breakfast. I inquired if that was included in my original room rate which I was told it was. Why wasn't I given a breakfast coupon when I checked in? Was also told by the front desk the second time I went down that they couldn't accommodate my "special request" for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. (I didn't ask when I went down it was a note on my acct as the request was made when the reservation was made on the Starwood site) The room I was put in was an non updated room. It was something from the 80's. Having stayed at a few different Starwood properties around the world (Singapore, Sydney, New Orleans, Chicago, Toronto,) including several Four Points I feel that this location does not meet that brand standards set by Starwood. As a guest I did all I could to bring the issues faced to the front desk but I will be checkin out tomorrow with a bad taste left in my mouth.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank oiboy
FPWPGAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We would like to sincerely thank you for your detailed and honest review of your recent stay with us and also apologize for the confusion with your rate and requests. We have studied your concerns and would like to offer follow up:

While our Starwood Best Brews package actually does not include breakfast, we recognize that in this situation where a guest checks in on a holiday, at a time when we could not serve the alcohol, we should have recognized the issue at check in and at that time offered the breakfast substitution. This has been addressed with our staff and should not be an issue in the future.

We were aware of the request for a sandwich on the reservation. We offer 24 hour room service at our hotel. There is no reason for this request to be denied at the front desk. This also will not be an issue in the future.

We also understand your concern with the wear and tear on our rooms and are very excited to be currently undergoing a complete renovation of all of our guest rooms! Please contact us for your next reservation and we will be sure to have you stay in a new room. We believe you will be very satisfied with the design and upgrades.

Thank you again and if you would like, please contact our Front Office Manager at your convenience to discuss your stay further at 204.784.0420.

Best Regards,

Kris Vosper
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Here's a great logical choice for a hotel located so close to the airport. After completing your business day, you simply return your rental car the night before your flight and save the extra charge. Even if you arrive early for the trip to this hotel, you don't have to pick up your car until the morning. On to the hotel. I have been staying at this property since it opened more than ten years ago. The room are quite despite it location to the airport (walking distance). The rooms are clean and the suite upgrades have a two part room with two TVs (flat Screens) and small kitchenette.There are also easy to operate DVD players in every room with free access to current DVD movies at the front desk. The staff are still here and all super courteous and friendly. Also, take advantage of the Green Program that allows you to collect extra SPG points or restaurant discounts coupons if you opt out of regular daily maid service.

Room Tip: Depending if you are a morning person, you can get a room opposite the sunrise by asking fro a weste...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
FPWPGAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
It's wonderful to hear from a long-term, loyal guest and we appreciate your review! Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Oakbank, Manitoba Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have stayed at this location a couple of times, it is located right at the Winnipeg Airport and very convenient if you have an early morning flight. On all occasions the staff have been very professional, thorough and polite. Check in very easy and the rooms very clean and comfortable.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who has a very early morning departure or may only be in Winnipeg for one or two nights. Free shuttle from the hotel to the airport, runs 24 hours and only takes about 5 minutes door to door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Thanks to all of the staff at the Four Points for making my stay great.
Easy friendly check in, Ordered rooms service a bit after hours and they went out of their way to accomodate us even though certain items were not supposed to be available after 10pm, awesome!!!! Rooms are extremely clean and well kept. All in all a great experience. Recommend the Four Points Winnipeg Airport hands down.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
FPWPGAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made you feel welcome and comfortable. We really strive for that atmosphereThank you very much for your wonderful and kind words.