“Stayed 2 nights - a decent hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2935 Pembina Highway, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2H5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #21 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
London, UK
“Stayed 2 nights - a decent hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed on a business trip to frigid Winnipeg. A decent hotel with good breakfast. Well appointed room and very clean bathroom - the only problem was that the faucet for the shower was right under the shower and one had to have cold water sprayed all over before getting the temperature right - wonder why plumbers don't think of how people will shower! Free WiFi makes a world of difference these days.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Very nice accommodations while visiting the University of Manitoba. Very close to the U, plenty of eateries and convenience stores near by. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The decor and rooms were designed well (and clean!) like it had been built in the 80's and underwent an Ikea makeover.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

As a preferred member, we were assigned the room we requested on the 5th floor. It was nicely done, and as always, comfortable beds. Upon check-in we were told that free coffee was served in the mornings at the lobby. This morning as we were checking out, we asked where we could get coffee as we did not see anything in the lobby and were directed to ask the person at the Lounge. I asked if we could get our to go cups filled and she said yes. A few minutes later, she came back and said it was $7 for 2 coffees, I mentioned that I understood the coffee was free in the morning. She said that was only until 9 am, so I said I did not want it. She said that was too bad, as she had already poured it and I had to pay. Had the coffee not been in my to go mug, I would have refused, so my husband paid and I went to the front desk to relay the situation, where the gentleman there listened, however did not even apologize. To boot the coffee was luke warm.

My SIL who was also staying there as part of a wedding group, had a similar experience in the restaurant. They had $10 breakfast vouchers and the first day paid an extra $.50 each to their bill, the next day they ordered the same meal and got a bill for $8 each at the end of their meal. They questioned this and the waitress said the orange juice and coffee were $7.50, my SIL indicated it was included the day before, and again without even an I'm sorry, the waitress said yesterday's server was new and screwed up. This was after they waited over one hour for breakfast and sat in a near empty restaurant cluttered with dirty tables.

I can kind of understand $3.5 for a coffee in a dine in restaurant where I might sit and have several cups, but for one cup, using my own to go mug, is even more than Starbucks.
Rest assured we have shared our experience with several others at the wedding and will not give this property another chance next time we are in Winnipeg. There are just too many other options, than to be treated this way over a cup of luke warm coffee.

If you look at my other reviews I am very fair and objective, and I would think when I am in the lobby in the morning and ask wheres the coffee someone could have mentioned that the free coffee was no longer available, or at minimum indicate a price. This was the improvement opportunity I shared with the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that have been renovated, or if you want a mini fridge make sure you request it as on...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
To Sunnyalberta27. I have read your review and have looked extensively into these matters.

The free coffee station is offered until 9 am on weekdays and 10 am on weekends. Upon your check out at noon on the Monday, you were 3 hours late for free coffee. You are also provided with free coffee in your guest room daily.

You stated you don't mind paying $3.50 for "several cups" but wouldn't pay $3.50 for your 20 0z to go thermos, that the server filled for you at noon. Your 20oz thermos is "several cups". You took full advantage during your stay, by having two of that same 20oz to go thermos filled several times each day for free. I don't see why you are so disgruntled at us for missing your free coffee on the Monday, due to your own tardiness.

Each breakfast voucher includes one beverage. The new server in training made an error and charged your "SIL" for both juice and coffee, but this was rectified immediately. The previous day all the beverages were given to your sister in law for free, because she was complaining and creating tension. The dining room was very busy that morning as it is every morning and the tables were in the process of being reset, as most had just left upon your sister in law's arrival.

Our coffee is never ever lukewarm, as it is constantly made fresh. I am familiar with your stay and I apologize for not being able to provide more free things for you, but this is a business. I haven't heard anything from your "SIL" about all this, but FYI your husband did say everything was absolutely great, when he was talking to my front desk associate Alex.

BTW, Thank you for your pleasant comments on the guest rooms.

Sincerely

Tom Caramanos
Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel was in a great location for us as it was five minutes to big box stores and great restaurants. We were very pleased with the comfort of our king size bed and the crisp white sheets. Bathroom was clean and very quaint with baskets filled with towels and blow dryer. Will definitely stay here again hen back in Winnipeg. P.S. we booked the birthday rate which you pay regular price for the first night and the next 2 nights are based on your birth year! Born in 1950, you pay $50 per night!

Room Tip: We requested a room on the highest floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We enjoyed our single night stay at this property. The check in was quick and efficient. The desk clerk was very friendly and offered all kinds of help. As I said in the headline, the room was spacious. Equally important it was comfortable and very clean. There was a good work surface and enough light to read or use the computer. Bed and linens were high quality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Excellent experience at this hotel. Check-in was smooth and front desk person was very friendly. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. Reasonable rate. Will stay here again next time we are in Winnipeg.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Hi! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I see you were in from Regina and am going to guess you were in town for the "Banjo bowl"? If so i'm sure you enjoyed the game and hope to see you for next years event, which will be at the new Stadium just down the street from us.

Thank you for the nice review!

Sincerely

Tom Caramanos
Morden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is the third time I have stayed here. The decor reminds me of a stay I had in Germany where design and function come together in a pleasing modern atmosphere. It's a perfect reflection of the social media age. I flet 10 years younger.

I've always had a comfortable stay. The staff are well trained and a credit to the hotel. The location is easy to find coming in off the perimeter highway and close to the University of Manitoba. This is the best hotel at this end of the city. Extrodinary value for the money. I see more international visitors each time. I will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South? Share your experiences!