“Luxury living” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairmont Winnipeg

You added The Fairmont Winnipeg to your Saves list
The Fairmont Winnipeg
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Lombard Place, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0Y3, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Peterborough, Canada
“Luxury living”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Our room was bright and spacious, very clean and very quiet. The bed was very comfortable. We were thier for a comference and the facilities and food was excellent. The hotel even catered a banquet at the airport museum for our group.

Room Tip: Join the Fairmont club and get your internet and local calls for free.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed in early May 2012 and staff was helpful - did not have a continuous booking but somehow got me a smoking room so did not have to move hotels. Was told to join Fairmont Presidents Hotel FPC to get free internet access. Also told that stay will be credited to Frequent Flyer Account.

On checking 2 weeks later, got a big runaround (multiple emails to join filling up my inbox); when I requested that points be credited to the frequent flyer account, was told that form will be submitted. When I asked for an acknowledgement or a copy of the form for my records, told that it was not possible and we have to take their word for it. A system that is unable to acknowledge the conversation and that the form has been submitted? On further questioning, was told that I must not eligible for points as I had been booked at a conference rate.what a total and utter waste of time -- front desk should not have given me that ran around, customer service on the 0 800 number should have known from the first that I am not eligible.

Clearly the award winner for the "Worst BackOffice Service" with Runner Up in "Unable to Acknowledge Requests or Services" - so if you want an average hotel with no "points" maybe you can consider it.

Room Tip: all rooms are grand but not very function.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Executive Assistant at The Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I was glad to hear that our front desk was able to accomodate your guestroom requirements and make your stay enjoyable.
I was disappointed to hear that our corporate office/1-800 number was not able to provide a suitable response to your Fairmont President's Club questions. Please feel free to contact me directly with any concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fairmont Winnipeg.

204-985-6024
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We love Fairmont!!

They just know how to do this hotel stuff :)

We ended up getting an upgrade to a fairmont gold room. H'ordeurves upon arrival and the option to have oysters pre ordered and sent to our room later in the evening - YES!!!

My husband is in the military and I went on a weekend to visit with him. This was a beautiful option in the downtown city of winnipeg.

Although this Fairmont is not the same quality as other fairmonts (only because its dated) it's most certainly an extremely clean hotel. The staff are wonderful and constantly pleasent!

We have visited other hotels in Winnipeg as well and this is now our favorite choice!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I booked a night in the hotel last minute because of a cancelled flight. It would have been nice to know that I was being booked into a smoking room because I felt like vomiting as soon as I went into the room. I went downstairs and took a downgraded room [two queens instead of the original king] at the same cost but I would rather sleep on the floor than a king sized smoking room.

Good other than that. Great beds, great TVs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Fairmont Winnipeg. I was glad to hear that our staff was able to provide you with options for your guestroom and that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back to experience our newly renovated guestrooms with glass showers and rainfall shower heads.

North America
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed 4 days at the Fairmont in May. All Fairmonts ( except this hotel ) are usually superior in every way. Unfortunately this hotel does not measure up to the usual Fairmont standards.
I prebooked ( and not online ) by phoning the hotel and speaking to the front desk. I find this way, ( as I book most hotels like this ) I get what I want. Which was in this case, a quiet room, dog bowls and bed ( as they advertised this for an extra charge ) and a smoking room. When I arrived it was as if I hadn't booked a reservation at all. NOTHING was recorded. The hotel was quite full, so they put us on the noisey side. My cousin had organized a beautiful bouquet of flowers to be waiting in my room. They NEVER showed up.
The first night I invited my family ( whom I hadn't seen in 30 years ) to join us for cocktails in the lounge. The music was loud rock/rap. I asked them to change the channel to light jazz or something more elegant. They said they couldn't. They did however, turn the volume down so it wasn't so grating on the nerves. There was a group of four very loud drunks at the bar which they continued to serve and say nothing about their rude and abnoxious behavior.
We had room service a lot, as we have our dog with us. One time they delivered the food on a broken cart which couldn't be flipped up to a proper table.
The positives, ( there is only one ) the food was very good.
The manager was very apologetic when I emailed her after the trip, and had flowers sent to my cousin and promised to upgrade me the next time I'm in Winnipeg.
But I can assure you, the next time I'm in Winnipeg I will choose something else.
This was not a great hotel and not worthy of the 4 star rating.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else to stay, however, the choice is limited. The Inn at the Forks looked much bet...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent visit. I was disappointed to learn that we did not live up to your expectations of a Fairmont hotel. I was, however, glad that you were able to contact us directly and we were able to rectify the situation. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fairmont Winnipeg for your next stay.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

For our wedding night we decided to get a hotel to make our night extra special. When we arrived late that night we opened the door to lit candles everywhere, and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries on the desk. There was also a card congratulating us and thanking us for choosing them for our stay. Also about ten minutes after we arrived we received a phone call from the manager asking if there is anything we might need. The room was excellent. The staff were kind and knowledgeable and we couldn't have asked for a better stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at The Fairmont Winnipeg and for sharing your experience. I was glad to hear that our staff were able to make your wedding day such a special and lasting memory. We will look forward to celebrating many anniversaries to come with you both.

Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Last weeks stay was again consistantly great. Clean and comfortable rooms in the heart of downtown, with all amenities close by.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Fairmont Winnipeg? Share your experiences!