“Convenience to Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winnipeg, MB

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winnipeg, MB to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winnipeg, MB
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   730 King Edward Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H1B4, Canada (St. James Industrial)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Winnipeg
Toronto
“Convenience to Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have stayed here for both business and personal travel. I have no complaints. The staff are friendly and certainly accommodated anything I have requested. This hotel mirrors other Country Inns and Suites I've stayed in other cities - Saskatoon, Regina, Mississauga as an example. I would be hard pressed to find anything much different in any of these locations in terms of the rooms, services, etc. I like the convenience to the Airport and I don't need fancy accommodations. The room was certainly adequate and the bed was comfortable.

1 Thank LA150
Lori B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winnipeg, MB, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the service of our staff. Thank you for acknowledging them as our associates are committed to providing caring, consistent service for our guests so they can experience a comfortable stay.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again!

Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is on very busy route 90 - very hard to get to during rush hour traffic. Parking was good and the hotel clerk was very nice. NO free movies, no digital TV, and no pool - all of which were advertised on their website. The room was modern but not the cleanest - the carpets were stained in some spots and dirty. Would I recommend this hotel - NO - will I come back again - probably not.

2 Thank TLHZD
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and your feedback. I would like to apologize that the experience with us did not meet your expectations.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the service of our staff. Thank you for acknowledging them as our associates are committed to providing friendly and genuine service for our guests.
Your Review has brought to my attention that some of our 3rd party booking sites do indeed advertise amenities which we do not provide such as a pool area. We are working diligently with our marketing managers at these companies to rectify this error.
We are also in the process of making some large capital improvements to our property which does include replacing the carpets in all of our guest rooms.
Thank you again, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance in the future.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

A nice place to stay if you need to be close to the airport. Clean, friendly staff, quick check-in, plenty of space in guest rooms, fast Internet connection, and with an elevator for accessing the second floor.
We stayed in a suit which has a convertible couch into a bed located in the living room. I found it convenient for large families. If you have a car, parking lots are not assigned to rooms, so you can park wherever is available, as well as power outlets.
There is a Super Store close by (approx. 6 min) if you need some cheap groceries.
I would consider this hotel in my next trip to Winnipeg.

Room Tip: Suites are very convenient.
2 Thank JuanEntrepeneur
Lori B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winnipeg, MB, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again!
Thompson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Everything was fine... until a water main break on the street in the early evening. Not that it was their fault, but they waited for guests to call the desk rather than be proactive on the news. Then they distriubted a memo from the manager at around 4 a.m. notifying us we could draw water from the city-provided water tank outside in the parking lot. Personally, handing out some bottled water to the guests through the evening would have been a better gesture.

Room Tip: Bring bottled water.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Isle of South Uist
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

As a woman travelling on her own i always feel that i have to pick and choose my hotels carefully. I was very impressed with the friendly, helpful staff, both before my visit when i contacted the hotel and during my stay. The room was pretty big and also had a small kitchen area with a sofa, another tv, tea and coffe making facilities, a fridge and a microwave, the room was of a very good standard and was very clean. I chose not to have the complimentary breakfast so i can't comment on that. I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We traveled to Winnipeg for an anniversary trip at the end of august and stayed at the Country Inn and suites there. Front desk staff on initial check in were very friendly and helpful. They answered questions about a few sites we were going to be visiting and if they didn't have the answer they assured us they would find one. Rooms at this Country Inn were somewhat dated, in need of a facelift. Beds on this stay were ok, but typical of a well used hotel. Pillows were feather and not in good condition, they were the size of a throw pillow on a sofa, which didn't make for a good nights sleep. It would have been nice to come back to a little more comfortable room. I would recommend it to couples, probably not to families with children. This is not a bad place, I just wanted more comfort for the money.

Continental breakfast was good! Offering a variety of hot breakfast each day we were there. Eggs, a protein and the usual variety of breads, rolls and muffins as well as fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt and juices.

This is a comfortable hotel, but doesn't have much going on around it as far as restaurants or shopping. Nothing in walking distance and looks to be a more industrial area. This hotel is close driving distance to anything you may want though. If we return to Winnipeg, I think I would pass on this hotel, for the reasons in this last paragraph.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Pros: A nice shower. Had decent beds, was clean, and in a good location. Service was friendly and helpful. Has contiental breakfast.

Cons: Very expensive for what you get. Their pet-friendly policy brought in a very noisy dog.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family