“Above and Beyond the Expectation” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“Above and Beyond the Expectation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hello,
I am a Diamond member with Choice and stay in several different hotels throughout the year. A simple request on a Tuesday morning turned into a couple of over-the-top acts of kindness by one of the front desk managers. I asked Valerie for a piece of fruit and a yogurt at 6:30am on Tuesday, since I was leaving for work early and going to miss breakfast. She accommodated me and I went on my way. Knowing that I was leaving at the same time all week, she had a brown paper bag waiting for me the next morning with fruit, a muffin, yogurt, butter, and cutlery. Awesome! What a treat! This morning, Halloween, I was greeted with the same, although this time I had a little Halloween candy in my bag. And Valerie mentioned that Wednesday they were out of muffins and she had grabbed one for me from Tim Horton's across the street. Amazing service, indeed. Thank you very much.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel has been recently remodeled. I stayed here in May and since then the owners have been remodeling the rooms. One of the surprises of this visit is that the hotel has some great theme rooms. The restaurant on the property is well decorated and serves as the breakfast area. Win City Pub is a great gathering place and the bartenders are awesome. Food from the restaurant is not very good and the service was poor. The hotel is close to a beer store, Papa Johns Pizza and a BBQ restaurant. Good access to all roads. Beds are comfortable and rooms are very clean.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms to the front of the hotel away from the main entrance.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Salt Spring Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were in Winnipeg for some business and decided on this hotel because of the location. When my sister asked where we were staying she exclaimed "Where?? Are you sure?" Not a good sign! We had though booked on line and were under the impression that we had prepaid...so we stuck with it. Yikes...what a dismal place.
We were supposedly upgraded, because the room designated for us had "plumbing issues"...so we got a suite, right next to the elevator...I mean right next to the elevator, which rumbled up and down all night long. Who comes and goes 80 times between 3 and 6 am?
Sad place...very dowdy decor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We wanted somewhere comfortable, convenient and reasonably priced to sleep while we visited our son in Winnipeg. We were very pleased with our large comfortable room with a huge comfortable bed. Everything clean and working - and Keith at the front desk was exceptionally helpful. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and the staff was very courteous and helpful. We especially enjoyed the 7am breakfasts, and the "cook" was very attentive to the cleanliness and the restocking of the self-serve kitchen. Carol, I believe, was most helpful with the making of the waffles.

We will go there again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival at the hotel the front desk staff was overwhelmed with the phone and a person at the desk however did not take long to service me. Good location and even though it is on a busy street I did not hear too much noise. The room was small but so clean and fresh. My son noticed a Febreze sheet in the air unit which made the room smell fantastic and clean. Had to do laundry and for the service it was expensive had to pay twice to get my clothes dry should be an included service for free if the machines are not new models otherwise guests are left feeling ripped off. Overall very nice hotel and cleanliness could not be beat!

• Stayed August 2013
Strathmore, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was not impressed with the room we stayed in for a 7 night stay with my 5 children. The fridge did not work too well, it was dripping and the freezer compartment was completely iced up on arrival and iced up right away after I thawed it.
The toilet plugged up, the water was yellow and the staff did not seem too surprised about this (as if this happens regularly). Even after running the water much longer than the recommended 10 minutes it was still yellow and a couple of days later it was even worse. None of us wanted a shower with this water. I was not content with the explanation I received for this.
The internet was not reliable and missing for hours in a row and the room (suite) was small and not modern.
The room cleaning staff seemed stressed and was reluctant to stop for a few seconds to help us with our small requests (e.g.. a role of toilet pater or a garbage bag) - they told us that they were on a time limit to clean each room - well it made us miss the smiles and eagerness to help us from other hotels.
There was other little things that were not the best but the breakfast was very good when the main breakfast-lady (I believe her name was Carol) was there. She did a great job and was friendly. It was different on her days off. Missed her smile and attentiveness and the food seemed better when she was there.
I booked a room with kitchenette because of the dietary needs of one of my children and was happy I could prepare my own meals. The kitchenette hat the essential equipment but it was not outstanding.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!