“Recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Ottawa, Canada
“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had decided to stay within walking distance of an elderly relative, so this is why I chose Quality Inn. I was able to walk the 20 minutes each way to see her daily as I did not rent a car. It would have been convenient if the hotel had carried bus tickets or stamps as there are no shops, drugstores or food stores near the hotel. It is difficult if you arrive by plane as I did and not by car. You have to do all your initial shopping by taxi until you are organized. Although the hotel room had a fridge, the fridge basically stayed empty because there were no food shops nearby. There are lots of good eateries in the area, but it would have been nice to be able to purchase some of my own food. I tried room service once, but the food arrived to the 4th floor, uncovered, carried by the kitchen staff. Not too appetizing. There was an excellent breakfast served each morning; the staff was always excellent; the room was kept totally clean. But unless you have your own car, it can be problematic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was staying at this hotel because I had work getting done where I live, there was this employee Val who helped me when I needed some directors and was so kind. The place was clean, and my room was great! There is a place to eat attached as well. Great location for bus services too!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

As I said a solid 3 star property. Front Desk staff very friendly and accommodating. Bar staff was friendly, some of the bar tenders were little aloof, you could tell they do cater to their locals. Which is important for the bar. Breakfast, started at 7 am. Thought most places start their breakfasts at 630am at least. Never got a chance to try it. Starting out at 7am or for a 730 meeting or convention is not unheard of these days.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night last weekend and it was ok. The (king) room was clean (but a bit dated) and the staff was friendly. I like the fact that there was a fridge in the room and that wifi is for free.
The only thing we noticed was that the rooms were noisy, when people walked and talked in the hallway you could easily hear them. It didn't keep us awake but I guess if you're sensitive to that it would bug you.
We didn't have breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel to take in a convention in Winnipeg. The staff was courteous and friendly. The furnishings were adequate we had a king size bed and a twin sofa couch that could be a small bed if needed. Didn't get a fridge though which I thought they could add to the rooms The hot breakfast was better than most, my husband was happy with the selections. I would definitely book this hotel again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

It was so nice and welcoming coming into this Inn after a terrible road trip. The front desk Lady; Valerie, was absolutly the most friendlyiest and most helpful hotel receptionest I have ever met. We arrived well after midnight and we were so tired but seeing her cheerful face when we came in was great. She was very welcoming and also made my dog the happyest boy as well. If I am ever in the Winnipeg area ever again, I will definatly be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had the chance to stay at this Quality Inn and Suites for 12 nights on business. I wasn't disappointed. The room was spacious, the staff helpful and every morning an excellent hot breakfast. Carol was amazing! Would definitely consider this place again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!