“My home away from home...” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   635 Pembina Hwy., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3M 2L4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #26 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
Saint-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
“My home away from home...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was fortunate enough to call the Quality Inn on Pembina my temporary home for 4 weeks. First off, the hotel has a great atmosphere! Sure there are no sweeping views, but downtown Winnipeg (and its many sights) is an easy 10 minutes away, and for those blustery days, the Winn City Pub offers a decent menu with a full bar with no need to leave the building. It comfortably accommodated myself and my co-workers after many a long days work. The highlight of my visit however was Carol, the unbelievably friendly weekday breakfast hostess. She always welcomed us with a smile and was eager to accommodate our needs. Truth is, it's just nice to start your day with a friendly face when you're so far away from home and missing family. The Quality Inn made me feel comfortable for my entire stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a fuss-free place to stay while visiting the 'Peg.

Room Tip: Obviously I would suggest a room as far from the elevators as possible because, as in any other hote...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Whenever we visit Winnipeg we always stay here, and I would definitely recommend this Quality Inn to all of my friends. The rooms are very clean and bright, all updated and awesome. There is a bar connected to the hotel, and the staff there are very courteous and fun! Great service! The front desk staff were extremely polite and very helpful, especially one young woman (I believe her name was Adi). There is also breakfast at the hotel, which we had every morning. It was always stocked and fresh and the woman running the breakfast was also super kind and awesome.

Overall this is a wonderful hotel, and I would definitely definitely recommend staying here! We don't go anywhere else when in Winnipeg.

Room Tip: Get a room facing downtown for a wonderful view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Plum Coulee, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The quietest most relaxing suite i have ever had.
definitely coming back! Payment was smooth and no hassles .
Very informative staff at check in quick and helpful service.
wish i had money to have a room there more often!
Tastefully decorated suites!
Absolutely loved it!
Breakfast was one of the best i ever compared to any other motels i have stayed at.

Room Tip: Suites at the end of the aisle makes for some very relaxing couple only nights.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

There's really not much to say. Great room, comfortable bed, and plenty of parking behind the hotel. The pub downstairs is a great place to chat, shoot some pool, and have a drink. Well worth the price!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here in late December and, as always, we were not on expense account. The parking lot is easy to enter and exit, with ample parking. it is almost walking distance to Grant Park Plaza shopping and next door to Gimli fish retail, both being pluses. The room was comfortable and bright. The WIFI signal in the room was strong. It is quite close to Osborne Village, if that is important to you. The free breakfast was better than most. The reception was efficient and cheerful. I'd rather be here than at Portage and Main. There is no polo but there is a pub/billiard parlor. The price was reasonable for Winnipeg. We would return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Petawawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night. Having worked in hospitality services before, I can be picky with hotels, but I also appreciate any extra little details.

For the price, I think it's a good value. Free complimentary breakfast was not bad - nice large room to eat in. Room was on the smaller size, but cozy! Bed and pillows were very comfortable. You CAN hear people talking in the hallways (I was already expecting this from previous stays at other quality inn locations). The room was very clean, bathroom was nice. In our king room there were only sets of 2 towels and sets of 2 cups (2 plastic and 2 hot cups for coffee) Mind you, we were missing a plastic cup but it's not something to cry about. The bag to use for the ice bucket was not the correct size, it did not fit properly inside. The garbage bags are black! It looks very odd and not proper in my opinion. Oh and I was impressed with the way the towels were folded in the bathroom! Quality inn hotels usually have them folded in a very boring, basic way, but at this location, the face cloth was neatly folded with the hand towel!

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would not hesitate to come again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was in Winnipeg on business and had the pleasure of staying at the Quality Inn for the 2 weeks I was in town. The service was fantastic. I had the opportunity of dealing with several of the reception staff (primarily Patti & Adi) as well as the Guest Service Manager (Keith) and General Manager (Gina) - all of whom went out of their way to make my stay a pleasant one.

The complimentary breakfast was delicious and just varied enough to keep my taste buds happy day after day. Not to mention the delightful weekday "breakfast lady" Carol who was lovely to deal with.

The rooms I stayed in were clean & comfortable. The area was quiet enough considering the location of the hotel itself. Conveniently located for my purposes.

Overall, it was a great stay. Felt right at home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!