“Good Shuttle Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Winnipeg Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Winnipeg Airport Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Winnipeg Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1715 Wellington Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A0G1, Canada (Formerly Greenwood Inn Winnipeg) (St. James Industrial)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #29 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
Snow Lake, Canada
“Good Shuttle Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed there in late Jan/14 and early Feb/14. Found a good price on Booking.com for both nights and the shuttle service and free parking was the clincher. The lobby staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very quiet and very clean and modern. A free coffee machine in the lobby was a nice touch as well as the free paper. The widescreen TV in the lobby showed the weather and I believe some arrivals and departure status at the airport.
The restaurant was expensive although convenient and the food was good. Service was excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed for two nights at the hotel and loved the beds! The bathroom was lovely and the staff were helpful and friendly. The things that I was disappointed with was that there were no microwaves in the rooms and that there was no continental breakfast. My husband had lunch at the restaurant and was not very impressed with the quality of food.
My kids very much enjoyed the pool and we would probably stay at this hotel again. It would be nice to see microwaves in all the rooms as well as a free continental breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Things I liked about this hotel. The bed was relatively comfy. The room was clean. The bathroom was a nice size. Nice clear reception on TV. No issues with wifi. Special request for room with low traffic was granted. Needed this because I brought my dog. Had no issues at all with having my dog, walking around with her on leash. One thing I liked about this hotel location was out the back door their was plenty of space to walk her. The only thing I didn't like was after 11pm the back door is locked so you have to go out the front. Some hotels your able to access the doors with your room key. Room service was quick and friendly. Didn't venture out of my room so I can't comment on anything outside of that. The only one thing I didn't like was my meal I had from room service. I had steak and it was not very good. However you can't judge on one meal. Sometimes it's hit or miss. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cory S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Winnipeg Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We are a very proud pet friendly hotel and understand how pets are an extension to many families. We have many large areas and an open field out back that many pet traveling customers appreciate. I apologize about the back doors being locked during your stay at night. One of the two back doors is accessible at night using your key card to regain entry. The sliding entry doors do remain locked for security purposes at night. Please accept my apologies for your room service meal. Quality is very important to us and will be looked into. Thank you and we hope to see you again next time you are in Winnipeg.

Red Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Myself and four friends attended Scrapbook and Cards Today's Crop and Create event at The Best Western, formerly The Greenwood. A block of rooms was set aside so once we knew we were going there was no trouble reserving a room. We requested a room close to the elevator as one in our group has mobility issues. We were placed in the room furthest from the elevator and were not able to move due to the hotel being very busy. It was unfortunate, but we managed.

The room was clean but a little cramped for four women who don't pack light and who like to shop. Again, we managed.

The staff was friendly and did their best to accommodate any requests we had.

Our event was in the main ballroom and the classes were in rooms down the hall. There was water, coffee and tea available for the duration if our event. If something was empty it was quickly replenished with a reminder to staff. A Dairy free request was accommodated with no trouble for lunch and dessert.

My only complaint was I found the ballroom very dark for the purposes of scrapbooking. I brought my OTT light, which was absolutely necessary. I also found it incredibly hot in the ballroom, which I understand is a personal preference and it's difficult to please a large group.

Although I would have previously skipped this hotel in the past, I would consider it now that it's a BW.

We did not eat at the restaurant, use the pool or gym, but they are nice options for different types of travel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are always ecstatic to have the Scrap Booking community stay with us and I am glad that you came out to attend the event. I apoloigize for you being placed further down the hall then you had requested and I hope it wasnt to much of a hindrance during your stay. We are very proud of our hardworking banquet staff and the great levels of efficiency they run at. They are great at ensuring everything is topped up and running smoothly. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity as your choice hotel for the night. We hope to have you stay with us again real soon.

Kenora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was stuck in Wpg due to a snowstorm blocking the highways into Ontario. I showed up late at night, and was treated with courtesy by the friendly staff. They had a room and when I showed my CAA card they gave me a discount also. I have stayed in this hotel in trips from the Wpg airport.

The room was great, clean and maintained. Everything worked, and it was quiet. The past owner let it get a bit run down but it seems Best Western has put it back together again.

The in room heater/air conditioner was a bit noisy, but compared to my 2 previous nights stay at one of Canada's "Premier Hotels" on front street in Toronto, it was quiet as a mouse.

Room Tip: Plenty of parking in the rear if the front is congested for cars. People tend to go on vacation and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. This has been quite the winter even for Winnipeg Standards and I am very happy to hear that our staff was able to make a good impression during your stranded situation. We have worked very hard to complete a full renovation of the hotel and I am glad you found the upgrade to be a vast improvement. We hope to see you again real soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This one is not just another "Run-of-the-mill" hotel, for sure! Proximity to COSTCO definitely adds value to this choice. The legendary 'Greenwood' in its new aesthetic look, is simply ineffable! Airport shuttle provides pick-up from and drop-off to the Winnipeg airport. If shuttle is not available, the customers or clients are asked to come by Uni-City taxi for free (of course, Uni-City is paid by the Best Western)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you sou much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. The completion of our rebranding and our full renovation was an exciting time for us. We saw it as our chance to really be able to give our guests the highest quality and comfortability they deserve. Our complimentary shuttle service and our great location allows us to offer more to our guests who we know work hard everyday. This is why we appreciate anyone who walks through our doors and allows us the chance to be there temporary home away from home. We hope to see you again soon.

Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Arriving at the Best Western Airport Hotel I was happily greeted by the front desk who proceeded to pay for my cab from the Winnipeg airport. Carrying loads of camera equipment and gear they immediately insisted to help carrying all my luggage to my room after check-in. Everyone had a warm and friendly personality and wouldn't take a tip although I kept offering numerous times.
The rooms are very clean, good quality complementary shampoo, conditioner and lotion.
If you are stopping over in Winnipeg before proceeding to photographing polar bears in Churchill this is a very nice place to stay. Clean and convenient with a restaurant at the hotel and Tim Horton's and an outdoor clothing and gear store within walking distance for any last minute shopping.
After 6 days of being out in the tundra photographing wild polar bear mothers and cubs with Natures Photo Adventures and staying in a lodge with no running water this hotel was the shower I needed. Yes, our group got some amazing wild mother and cub photographs at the den. A wonderful experience and a very nice hotel indeed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and detailed reveiw. I am so pleased to hear that we made your stop over before heading up to Churchill for some exciting Polar Bear photography memorable. Our convenient location by St. James street, the airport, and only being 15 minutes from down town is excellent for any guests wishing have a night out and experience winnipeg. We hope you choose to stay with us before departing on your next exciting excursion.

Front Office Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Winnipeg Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!