“Made my labradoodle and I feel welcome” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 25%
Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Brandon, Canada
“Made my labradoodle and I feel welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was travelling solo with my labradoodle. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially while I was trying to get my overly friendly pooch through the lobby and up to my room ASAP. The room was spotless, and the bed very comfortable. I had supper and a drink on the 12th floor that evening, and breakfast on the 29th floor the next morning - it was all very good. The only thing that could have made my stay better, would have been easier access to the parking lot, and some green space for my dog. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Stephanie,
Thank you for your review of the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
It was our pleasure hosting you and your very friendly Labradoodle, I am glad to see you both enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to contact me directly upon future visits Stephanie, it would be my pleasure to speak with you about the options available for your Labradoodle to have access to more green space for running. I may be reached at 204-975-6206 or rburton@canadinns.com. I look forward to welcoming you and your Labradoodle back very soon.
Richard Burton CHRM, CRDE, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Dryden, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We have used the Radisson before as it is so convenient to the downtown district. On this trip we encountered a couple of problems with our room. The first was the fact that the air conditioning did not work. We arrived around 4 and found the room to be very warm. We left at 4:30 and turned it down the AC to a comfortable temperature. Upon arrival back in the room at 10:30 it was obvious that the AC did not work. As it was late we did not call down but had a pretty restless night in the warmth.

In the morning we were getting ready to go and my wife had a shower. She noticed that the tub was slow to drain. I went to get in the shower 15 minutes later and there was still water in the tub. I had a shower and stood high ankle deep in the water. By the time we left the room 1/2 hr later the tub was just coming to a full drain.

We mentioned the tub problem and the AC to the front desk clerk who apologised and offered to refund the cost of parking which was another peeve I had. These rooms are not cheap and then on top of it they charge $15 to park overnight. I stayed in this same hotel before and the parking was $10. I think a 50% raise is a bit much. Also as we were leaving we noticed a sign that advertised "event" parking for a concert next door for $10.

I left with a bad taste thinking that would be my last stay at the Radisson Winnipeg and when I got a chance to fill in their customer feedback survey I made sure I detailed all of the above. To my surprise and delight I had an email very shortly after that from the hotel manager apologizing and ensuring me that the complaints I had were being looked after. He also offered a full refund as part of their customer satisfaction guarantee.

I was thankful for their quick response and will give the place another try in the future. It is a nice place and is convenient but shop around and don't forget to consider the cost of parking when choosing your hotel in downtown Winnipeg. You will see that I have rated the sleep quality poor and cleanliness average. This is due to this past experience. I have stayed there before and all has been average to above for hotels in the area

Room Tip: Don't forget to consider the $15/day cost of parking in your room budget
Dear GW,
I would like to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to address your concerns you highlighted when completing our Guest Satisfaction Survey. I am delighted to hear our response time and the action taken was to your satisfaction. I appreciate your willingness to allow us another opportunity to earn your business. I am confident upon your next visit we will exceed your expectations.
We look forward to your return.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

It is a nice hotel in a convenient location. However, after 8pm everything seems to close down. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is friendly. And my housekeeper, Jeet did a great job. When I come to Winnipeg this will be where Ill stay.

Dear Rod,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am delighted to see Jeet played a role in providing a memorable experience for you Rod. It will be with pleasure I share your comments with her.
On behalf of our entire Team we thank you for the opportunity to host your visits and will work very hard to remain your hotel of choice in Winnipeg.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Now that they're moving away from sleep number beds, it's my favourite place to stay in Winnipeg again :))

All of the staff are so nice. I have nothing bad to say about this place.

Rooms are modern and it's a great location :))

Stay here!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
Our new beds have been very well received and I am very pleased to see you enjoy them as well. I thank you for recognizing our Associates for their kind service, I will be sure to share your comments with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for allowing us to be your hotel of choice once again.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed at he Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown with our grandson from June 12th to June 16. We were in Winnipeg for the hockey tournament . The rooms were great, very clean and well maintained.The food and the service at the restaurant was excellent.Close to many amenities, within walking distance.
The staff were great especially Tom the afternoon front desk manager.

We're from Edmonton, but will definetly will be staying there again.

thanks
ken gizowski

Room Tip: we were on 9th floor away from the construction, never heard a thing.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Ken,
Thank you for sharing your hockey weekend experience at the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am thrilled you were able to have an enjoyable weekend with your grandson and we thank you for allowing us to be a part of it. I am pleased Tom was able to assist you during your visit and enhanced your experience. I have shared your kind comments regarding the cleanliness and efficient service you received with our entire Team. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize their efforts.
We wish you and your grandson a great summer and hope to see you next year.
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I went to see Cher in concert at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg and needed a hotel close to this venue. The Radission was perfect, clean and within minutes walking to the MTS. The whole experience was made better by the staff on duty, especially Patrick, Angie and Paula. There is a shuttle available from the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
We thank you for allowing us to be a part of your Cher Concert experience. I understand the concert was phenomenal. Patrick, Angie and Paula are true Ambassadors of our Hotel and they are genuine in the service they deliver. I am extremely happy to hear they were key components to your great weekend away.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Continued Success,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for two days before our indigenous Tv conference WITBC 2014. Very satisfied with the room and the facilities. The room was clean and the staff was both polite and helpful. And there was an excellent woman cleaning my room. She was so nice and did her best for my stay at the hotel.

Mr. Johan,
Thank you for your review of the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I was delighted to see that one of Associates played an integral role in providing you a great experience. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated Team of Professional who truly understands the importance of service and sincerity in which they deliver this service is unmatched. It will be with pleasure I share your comment with the Team and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to earn your business.
Richard Burton CHRM, CRDE, CHA

Been to Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown? Share your experiences!