“dont bring your kids” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Moose Jaw, Canada
“dont bring your kids”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

small rooms .small beds with air mattresses. .security staff everywhere .no breakfast .no pool ...dont bring your kids there is nothing for them to do...its a over priced hotel for business men who dont have to pay the bill...ive stayed in hotels all over europe and north america and its one of the worst value for money places ive stayed in .

• Stayed June 2013
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I would like to extend my apologies for your visit not meeting your expectations. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your experience with us at your convenience. I may be reached directly at rburton@canadinns.com or office direct at 204-975-6206.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Richard Burton CHRM, CRDE, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed at the Radisson in downtown Winnipeg recently and while the rooms appear to have been renovated to some degree, the cleanliness of the hallways left a lot to be desired. There was cutlery lying in the halls as well as towels sticking out of doors.

There was a general feeling of grunginess about the interior décor of the hotel as well as the elevators. The lobby of the hotel is very ordinary and not all that welcoming. Service was good and the room itself was okay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
Our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations by providing an experience that is not only enjoyable, but memorable as well.
I would like to apologize to you as we did not meet our goal during your visit. We are in the process of an elevator upgrade which has caused some challenges but it is our job to ensure the guest is not affected. I have followed up with our Housekeeping Team regarding the clutter in the corridors and around the elevators to ensure these areas are receiving the attention it needs to meet our goals.
Our Lobby area will be our next stage of our improvement project after our elevators modernization has been completed.
I would like to invite you to contact me directly upon any future trips to Winnipeg. It would be my pleasure to personally oversee your visit with us while demonstrating the true nature of our Hospitality.
I thank you again for sharing your experience and allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns.
Richard Burton CHRM, CRDE, CHA
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Radisson in Winnipeg is a great hotel. The Hotel is newly renovated. It looks like a total new renovation. All halls, doors, carpet, furniture, rooms, bathrooms and Beds have been replaced with high end items. And the new sleep number beds are great. (The main reason I stay at the Radisson is the sleep number beds.)
The other nice items that are included. New bathrobes, water bottles(spring) every day, new luffa sponge, fridge, free internet and shuttle service. (ALL included, NO extra fee's)

The hotel is nicely located in Downtown Winnipeg. Walking distance to everything. (Shopping, banks, businesses.)

The customer service is great as well. I received very quick replies to my emails from Sandi Quinn the reservation Manager, (And was given late checkout of 3 PM since my flight did not leave until 6PM. JR was very helpful from being the shuttle driver and with directions and luggage handling.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for the shuttle service ahead of time by email. The van may not be marked with Radis...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
We were delighted to see that your visit was positive and memorable. I would like to thank you for recognizing the efforts of our Team, specifically Sandi Quinn and JR. Sandi and JR are valued members of our Team and I will be sure to share your comments with them.
We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to host your visits and our Team looks forward to welcoming back in the near future.
We wish you Continued Success,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

After waiting 15min to check in, hotel was fully booked and didn't seem like there was enough front desk staff. There are 4 elevators and most were being used by staff. Wait was forever to get an elevator open enough for people with their luggage. We went to our room to find a housekeeping worker pressing her uniform in the bathroom. Our room was beside the elevators and was very noisy. Liked the convince of being beside the MTS center. Bed was ok

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Winnipeg Hotel, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I would like to begin by extending our apologies to you for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit with us.
The situations you described do not reflect our typical level of guest service. We pride ourselves on extending the highest level of service, comfort and cleanliness to all guests, it is obvious from your comments that we did not deliver on our "Guest Satisfaction Guarantee". I would like to further discuss your experience with us in more detail with you at your convenience. I may be reached at rburton@canadinns.com; I look forward to speaking with you and "Making it Right".
We appreciate your constructive feedback and I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to address your concerns.
Sioux Lookout, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have stayed here many times in the past and will continue to . The prices and ts central location is fantastic. The only thing I would change is the sleep number Beds. They are not my fav but over all not bad. The view for the top floors are very nice, the rooms are modern, clean and updated. Tubs were deep for a nice bath but hard to access for people with mobility issues. Breakfast that the hotel restaurant was really good as well. Over all great place :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for your continued support of the Radisson Winnipeg, we very much appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to continue to host your visits.
We are in the process of transitioning our new bed sets (Serta Concierge Lace Pillow Top) into our guestrooms. We have introduced over a 100 new sets over the past few months and they have been very well received. Please feel free to contact me directly upon your next visit, I will ensure you experience this wonderful new bed set.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Brandon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Radisson with my friend for KeyCon this May long weekent and it was excellent. We were first time attendees of the event and the hotel and we were exccedingly pleased with everything. The staff were incredibly helpful and polite, and even though we went through a false fire alarm (which the staff did an awesome job of handling) the stay was spectacular. I will admit waiting upwards of 10 minutes for a bouncy elevator was not always pleasant but otherwise worth every penny and we will definately be returning. I would also like it known that the assistant manager that assisted in my check in at front desk was wonderful! Kudos!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown.
Our Team was delighted that your first experience with us exceeded your expectations. We are blessed with having such a dedicated Team committed to service excellence. I am extremely pleased that our Team made your visit memorable and I thank you for taking the time to recognize their efforts.
We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to earn your business and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Winnipeg.
Continued Success,
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. Check in was quick, the room was clean (there was even a plate of fruit waiting for me with a short note - a great touch!) and the view from the 25th floor was nice. The location is great if you need to be downtown for work or to the MTS centre. Like another guest, the only thing I did not like was the parkade, it tight and the elevator into the hotel is a hole. As well, it's a long elevator ride down when your key decides to stop working!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
We were pleased your visit with us was pleasant and that you enjoyed the plate of fruit. We have recognized that the elevator and foyer off the parkade entrance is an area of opportunity. We are in the process of updating both the parkade elevator and the foyer off the elevator to allow for a more inviting sense of arrival. We hope to have these improvements completed over the next year as it ties in with our elevator modernization project that is currently taking place.
We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Winnipeg.
Richard

Been to Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown? Share your experiences!