“Pleasant stay, clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 25%
Ranked #25 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
Vancouver, Canada
“Pleasant stay, clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. Check in was quick, the room was clean (there was even a plate of fruit waiting for me with a short note - a great touch!) and the view from the 25th floor was nice. The location is great if you need to be downtown for work or to the MTS centre. Like another guest, the only thing I did not like was the parkade, it tight and the elevator into the hotel is a hole. As well, it's a long elevator ride down when your key decides to stop working!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
We were pleased your visit with us was pleasant and that you enjoyed the plate of fruit. We have recognized that the elevator and foyer off the parkade entrance is an area of opportunity. We are in the process of updating both the parkade elevator and the foyer off the elevator to allow for a more inviting sense of arrival. We hope to have these improvements completed over the next year as it ties in with our elevator modernization project that is currently taking place.
We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Winnipeg.
Richard

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We attended a conference recently and the meetings, meals and activities were all held at the Raddison. The rooms were clean and fairly updated, bed was comfortable. I would like to say that the maid service was very good, I believe her name was Geta, and she ensured that our stay was comfortable. Front desk assisted us with some late night snacking and gave us good advice. Thanks for the great weekend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
We were all delighted to hear that your experience with us was a memorable one. We are blessed with a great Team who understands the importance of providing a very high level of service. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Greta, thank you for taking the time to acknowledge her efforts.
We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to host your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Continued Success,
Richard Burton CHRM, CRDE, CHA
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed two nights at the hotel and was very pleased, A very clean hotel, polite staff and great rooms. I ate in the restaurant one and it was excellent. The only thing I did not like was the parkade, it tight and the elevator into the hotel is a hole.

Room Tip: stay in a suite. Rooms faceing south have a better view
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Winnipeg Hotel, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
Cleanliness is very important to our Team and they are very diligent in ensuring the highest level of cleanliness is maintained. I was pleased to learn that your experience in our 12Resto Bar was an enjoyable one, I will be sure to share your comments with our Teams.
The entrance to the hotel from the parkade elevator is planned for enhancements over the next few months. I am confident that upon completion of this work, it will allow for a better sense of arrival when entering the hotel from this entrance.
I would like to thank you again for your comments and we do appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to earn your business.
We wish you continued success,
Richard Burton CHRM, CRDE, CHA
Roseau, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Radisson downtown for a concert at the MTS. This was a perfect location as it is only a half a block from the MTS. I do have to agree with another review, the elevator ride is bouncy! I didn't have a cover on my coffee and I spilled a bit when coming up to the floor my room was on. The room was clean and updated. My friends and I were planning on eating at the restaurant before the concert but other patrons that were leaving the restaurant told us not to go as the service was very slow. So, we didn't eat there. I will stay here again if attending an event downtown Winnipeg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Paula,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Winnipeg Hotel, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
Our location does make it very convenient for our guests who are attending events at the MTS Centre. During event nights, our restaurant does experience a higher volume of traffic however, our service should be consistent. I have shared your comments with our Team and I can assure you, actions have been taken to ensure future occurrences do not occur.
We are in the process of a complete modernization of our elevators and should be completed over the next year.
We thank you for making the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg your destination decision and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel rooms were very clean and well appointed. We had an upgrade to a corner room. The front desk staff was courteous and very responsive to our needs. We stayed 3 nights, dined in the restaurant, and attended the Bon Jovi concert at the MTS. The MTS was just adjacent to the hotel and very convenient.

We had a large item that we needed to ship back home. The front desk contacted maintenance to see about assisting us in boxing the item. Satesh, from maintenance, went out of his way by fabricating a box, providing boxing taping and assisting in packing the items. It is not often employees go out of their way, but this seemed to be the attitude of all those we encountered at the Radisson.

Thanks to all for making out stay fun and especially to Satesh for going above and beyond.

Tom Richardson
Birmingham, AL

• Stayed April 2013
Mr. Richardson,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Winnipeg Hotel, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am delighted to hear that Satesh played an integral part in ensuring your experience with us was memorable. Our Team is very passionate about guest service and takes extreme pride in providing a experience that is truly unique to our hotel. On behalf of Satesh and our entire Team, we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your visit. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We called the Hotel from the airport to have the shuttle pick us up. The service we received was fast and efficient. The driver was very nice and recommended some dinner options for us. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The elevator ride is quite something...you feel like you are on a roller coaster...so beware if you get queasy! There is a mall within a 5 minute walk and a cinema as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
Our Team was delighted to see that you had an enjoyable visit. I appreciate you recognizing our Shuttle service and driver, it is a service that has been very well received and I am glad you were able to take advantage of this service. It was our pleasure hosting your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My friends and I booked a suite to stay in while attending a concert at the MTS Center nearby. When we checked in, the staff was very rude and unfriendly, refusing to give us the discounts that we should have gotten and adding additional charges that were not made known when the room was booked. The room was fairly nice, but it wasn't as large as was expected. We had problems with the bathroom door (which was translucent glass and easy to see through) not locking. Honestly, for the amount that it cost, I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I would like to begin by apologizing to you and your friend for your experience not being what you had expected. I would be very interested in discussing your concerns in further detail at your convenience. I may be reached directly at rburton@canadinns.com or office direct at 204-975-6206. I look forward to the opportunity to address your concerns and get a better understanding of your overall experience.
Richard Burton

Been to Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown? Share your experiences!