“Nice location, typical Radisson Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Enjoy Savings of 25%
Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice location, typical Radisson Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here for business for a night. The location is great, just a couple blocks from the corner of Portage and Main in downtown Winnipeg. There are lots of little restaurants and shopping around although I didnt venture out much as it was quite cold still for mid march. Rates were pretty reasonable, and the hotel is only 15 minutes cab from the airport.

Check in was efficient, and I had a standard room on the 28th floor with a nice view of the city. The room itself is typical for a radisson, with decent size, clean, and the usual amenities. The decor appears to have been updated and the dark wood tones make for a nice touch. The bed was comfortable, and the hotel seemed pretty quiet although I was there on a Sunday night. Its nothing fancy, but more than adequate for business traveller passing through town for a couple of nights. I would stay here again without hesistation.

I also tried the restaurant on the 12th floor during my stay. The service was rather slow considering it was after 8pm and place was not busy. The food is okay, generous portions, with prices that are typical for a hotel restaurant (averaging $20 for an entree). I think next time I would try and venture outside the hotel for something with a little more variety.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I was pleased to see that your visit with us met your expectations. I would like to follow up with you further to discuss if there were elements of your visit we could have done more to enhance your experience. I would like to request that upon your next visit to Winnipeg that you contact me directly at rburton@canadinns.com. On behalf of our entire Team, I would like to thank you for the opportunity to earn your business and we very much appreciate your valuable feedback.
Richard Burton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a couple years ago and forgot that it was not good so I booked it again because it was close to my work.
I booked a standard room with a king size bed for 4 nights and when I arrived, the clerk said I booked 2 double beds. I am sure that I booked a king size bed and I even called the 1800 Radisson number to confirm my reservation the nite before. Clerk kept saying I booked a double size room and wanted to see my email confirmation. I told her why do I have to prove to you when you should have the correct info in the beginning. After much argument, she finally put me to a room with a king size bed.
Every night when I called front desk to ask for a morning call for the next day, it's a minimum 5 mins wait time. They don't have the speaker phone feature or a portable phone so I am stuck standing by the phone to wait for someone to pick up.
Lastly, the deal breaker for me is POOR WiFi connection. It's bad both day and night and it's bad everyday during my entire stay. I finally had enough and I called front desk (of course waited on the phone for 10 mins before someone picked up), he said 'oh really? I will have someone check it for you'. There was no improvement and I didn't have Internet. I came here for work and it was essential for me to have the Internet connection. I even had my work IT tech came and check my laptop to make sure it's not my problem and he confirmed that it's the hotel.
No one tried to do anything to help and I don't plan on coming back to this hotel anymore even though my office is just across the street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for bringing your recent experience of the Radisson Winnipeg Hotel to my attention. The situation you described is not indicative of our service at this hotel. The experience you described is not acceptable by our standards and as our guest, you deserve better. I would like to sincerely apologize to you for this being your experience. I would like to further discuss your visit in greater detail with you at your earliest convenience. I may be reached at rburton@canadinns.com or office direct at 204-975-6206.
We just recently upgraded our Internet service to enhance our guest’s experience. I will be following up with our service provider immediately to ensure future occurrences are not repeated.
Thank you again for bringing these concerns to my attention and allowing me the opportunity to address them. I do look forward to hearing from you very soon.
Grand Forks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Each time I stay at this beautiful hotel I feel very welcome. From the unique detailed touches like a card and plate of fruit in my room welcoming me, to the very friendly concierge at check in; the Radisson has got it right!!

We all are busy people with even busier schedules and sometimes weget wrapped up in our own little worlds. Staying there slowed things down a bit for me. It felt like a little holiday, even if only for an evening. The attendant on the 29th lounge floor was exceptionally friendly.

The Manager obviously delivers a constant message of Customer Service throughout that entire building, because everyone working there is smiling.

Well done!

Room Tip: Rooms facing South will be quieter for sure. The higher floors are privy to the AWESOME warm appeti...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
We are truly fortunate to have such a dedicated Team who is extremely passionate about guest service. We believe it is the little things that make the difference, a smile, a sincere and genuine care for our guests, and providing an atmosphere that allows our guests to make our home their home while visiting Winnipeg.
On behalf of our entire Team, Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.
Whitby,Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

In for business and stayed at this hotel. Shuttle picked s p a airport and driver was fantastic.
Arrived at hotel n check in fast and efficient . Arrived at suite and was nice. Not extravagant but nice. Disappointed in only two things here 1/ sleep number bed not working and 2/ the 12th floor dining experience was at bet ok. The views advertised of city are somewhat misleading, had table at window however overlooked rooftops and business alley. Food was ok however way overpriced.
All said was a total take t or Eva I experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am very pleased that our Shuttle Service and Registration services met your needs and expectations. I would like to apologize for us not meeting your expectations in the two components you outlined (bed and Restaurant). I have addressed the sleep number bed issue with both our Engineering and Housekeeping Teams to ensure this is remedied immediately. As an alternative to the sleep number beds, we have just recently added a new Serta Concierge Pillow Top bed set that has received rave reviews. This option may be more suited to your needs and it would be our pleasure to review this further with you.
Many of our guests comment on how beautiful the view of the city is from our hotel, we are sorry it did not enhance your experience.
I would like to request that upon future trips to Winnipeg you contact me directly at rburton@canadinns.com. It would be my pleasure to personally oversee your visit with us. I do hope to hear from you in the near future.
Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Don't believe the negative reviews. This was a very pleasant hotel with large, clean, quiet rooms. Sandy on the banquet team does a great job, and both the morning and evening shuttle drivers are courteous, efficient, and prompt. It was a pleasant place to hold a meeting and the Starbucks on the first floor is very convenient.

Room Tip: Since there's a charge for parking, consider not renting a car at the airport and just calling f...
Dear Valued Guest,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
We are pleased you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service and I thank you for recognizing the efforts of our Shuttle Driver. Our Team works very hard to earn our guests business by providing superior service while demonstrating a sincere and genuine care to ensure our guests have a comfortable and relaxing experience. These efforts are reflected by the many guests who provide their feedback while recognizing our Associates like Sandy in Banquets.
We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host you while in Winnipeg and we look forward to your return.
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

we were in winnipeg march 12th to march 14th where we had a fantastic time staying at the radisson downtown winnipeg during our stay we attended 2 jet games and took in the Bob Seger concert as we have stayed at this hotel previously we cannot be more satisified with the assistance we got from check in to check out from the entire staff was absolutly awesome. we definetly like to mention the great atmosphere in the vip lounge on the 29th with getting to meet other guests and socializing and enjoy a beverage of choice and fantastic selection of appetizers in the evening to a great breakfast in the morning to start your day. another great feature at the radisson is they have changed their restraunt menu to what we feel was a great decision and more appealing with great selection of chicken wings and nacho platter as well on most days a dinner buffet that was fantastic and great serving personel. If you are planning a trip to winnipeg and your activites are located downtown we absolutly recommend you stay at the radisson, with this hotel located within 5 to 10 minute walk from some great restraunts and the MTS CENTRE YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED>

Room Tip: We would recommend the rooms on the club floor or the suites as you get that at home feeling with th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike K,
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am very happy you enjoyed our new menu change in the restaurant, it has been very well received and we are glad this enhanced your visit.
We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to continue to host your visits to Winnipeg and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
From all of us at the Radisson Winnipeg, we wish you continued Success.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The 13th floor has a very nice room for a wedding ceremony and across the glass hall a bigger room for the reception. The room cleaned up well for both. I love the long balacony, guests enjoyed it during the evening. With windows around half of the rooms and the balacony it was the next best thing to having a wedding outdoors without risking the weather or being out of town on a golf course. Buffet food was surprisingly good. Only two dissappointments,first the switch in hotel wedding contact as previous lady quit and then the mix up with my supposed free sitting rooms which my guests where supposed to be able to go to between ceremony and reception, with the mix up guests ended up in the hotel lounge as the room had a bed and where not supposed to as intended as sitting rooms. Sandy didn't do anything to resolve the situation or give us a discount for the confusion although hotel would have received more revenue for their mix up.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your June wedding and ceremony experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg.
I was pleased to see that our new Terrace rooms with floor to ceiling windows and the walkout balcony enhanced this very special event. Our Culinary Team is very talented and we are delighted that our food met your expectations, thank you for recognizing their efforts.
I would like to extend my apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. Transition is sometime inevitable and we know this can sometimes be difficult. In speaking with Sandy, she made every effort to ensure this transition was seamless and worked very hard to ensure this event was a success. It would be my pleasure to further discuss this event with you at your convenience. I may be reached directly at rburton@canadinns.com or 204-975-6206.
We thank you for allowing us to be part of this very special day and on behalf of our Team, we wish you all the joy and happiness in the years to come.
Richard Burton

Been to Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown? Share your experiences!