“So So” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
Whitby,Ontario
“So So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

In for business and stayed at this hotel. Shuttle picked s p a airport and driver was fantastic.
Arrived at hotel n check in fast and efficient . Arrived at suite and was nice. Not extravagant but nice. Disappointed in only two things here 1/ sleep number bed not working and 2/ the 12th floor dining experience was at bet ok. The views advertised of city are somewhat misleading, had table at window however overlooked rooftops and business alley. Food was ok however way overpriced.
All said was a total take t or Eva I experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am very pleased that our Shuttle Service and Registration services met your needs and expectations. I would like to apologize for us not meeting your expectations in the two components you outlined (bed and Restaurant). I have addressed the sleep number bed issue with both our Engineering and Housekeeping Teams to ensure this is remedied immediately. As an alternative to the sleep number beds, we have just recently added a new Serta Concierge Pillow Top bed set that has received rave reviews. This option may be more suited to your needs and it would be our pleasure to review this further with you.
Many of our guests comment on how beautiful the view of the city is from our hotel, we are sorry it did not enhance your experience.
I would like to request that upon future trips to Winnipeg you contact me directly at rburton@canadinns.com. It would be my pleasure to personally oversee your visit with us. I do hope to hear from you in the near future.

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Don't believe the negative reviews. This was a very pleasant hotel with large, clean, quiet rooms. Sandy on the banquet team does a great job, and both the morning and evening shuttle drivers are courteous, efficient, and prompt. It was a pleasant place to hold a meeting and the Starbucks on the first floor is very convenient.

Room Tip: Since there's a charge for parking, consider not renting a car at the airport and just calling f...
Dear Valued Guest,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
We are pleased you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service and I thank you for recognizing the efforts of our Shuttle Driver. Our Team works very hard to earn our guests business by providing superior service while demonstrating a sincere and genuine care to ensure our guests have a comfortable and relaxing experience. These efforts are reflected by the many guests who provide their feedback while recognizing our Associates like Sandy in Banquets.
We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host you while in Winnipeg and we look forward to your return.
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

we were in winnipeg march 12th to march 14th where we had a fantastic time staying at the radisson downtown winnipeg during our stay we attended 2 jet games and took in the Bob Seger concert as we have stayed at this hotel previously we cannot be more satisified with the assistance we got from check in to check out from the entire staff was absolutly awesome. we definetly like to mention the great atmosphere in the vip lounge on the 29th with getting to meet other guests and socializing and enjoy a beverage of choice and fantastic selection of appetizers in the evening to a great breakfast in the morning to start your day. another great feature at the radisson is they have changed their restraunt menu to what we feel was a great decision and more appealing with great selection of chicken wings and nacho platter as well on most days a dinner buffet that was fantastic and great serving personel. If you are planning a trip to winnipeg and your activites are located downtown we absolutly recommend you stay at the radisson, with this hotel located within 5 to 10 minute walk from some great restraunts and the MTS CENTRE YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED>

Room Tip: We would recommend the rooms on the club floor or the suites as you get that at home feeling with th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike K,
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am very happy you enjoyed our new menu change in the restaurant, it has been very well received and we are glad this enhanced your visit.
We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to continue to host your visits to Winnipeg and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
From all of us at the Radisson Winnipeg, we wish you continued Success.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The 13th floor has a very nice room for a wedding ceremony and across the glass hall a bigger room for the reception. The room cleaned up well for both. I love the long balacony, guests enjoyed it during the evening. With windows around half of the rooms and the balacony it was the next best thing to having a wedding outdoors without risking the weather or being out of town on a golf course. Buffet food was surprisingly good. Only two dissappointments,first the switch in hotel wedding contact as previous lady quit and then the mix up with my supposed free sitting rooms which my guests where supposed to be able to go to between ceremony and reception, with the mix up guests ended up in the hotel lounge as the room had a bed and where not supposed to as intended as sitting rooms. Sandy didn't do anything to resolve the situation or give us a discount for the confusion although hotel would have received more revenue for their mix up.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your June wedding and ceremony experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg.
I was pleased to see that our new Terrace rooms with floor to ceiling windows and the walkout balcony enhanced this very special event. Our Culinary Team is very talented and we are delighted that our food met your expectations, thank you for recognizing their efforts.
I would like to extend my apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. Transition is sometime inevitable and we know this can sometimes be difficult. In speaking with Sandy, she made every effort to ensure this transition was seamless and worked very hard to ensure this event was a success. It would be my pleasure to further discuss this event with you at your convenience. I may be reached directly at rburton@canadinns.com or 204-975-6206.
We thank you for allowing us to be part of this very special day and on behalf of our Team, we wish you all the joy and happiness in the years to come.
New Minas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff are friendly and the hotel is amazing after its multi-million dollar renovation. A very relaxed atmosphere with a staff that anticipate your every need as a traveler.
I have stayed here on numerous occasions and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher up the room, the better the view of Winnipeg.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate and thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I would like to personally thank you for making our home your home when traveling to Winnipeg. On behalf of our entire Team, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in March 2013. The location is very convenient, just blocks from where I was working, but also very accessible from other parts of the city. The staff were all very friendly (except maybe one server in the restaurant). The room was very nice and comfortable - newly renovated. I appreciated the free wifi and free parking. The restaurant and lounge on the 12th floor had quite decent food - both for breakfast and late night.

Keep in mind that there is no longer a pool. Though I understand there is a gym.

Room Tip: If you visit in winter, you might want to ask for a north-facing room. The snow ploughs scraping awa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg. We were delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit. We are very fortunate to have a dedicated Team of professionals that understand the importance of Customer Service and I thank you for recognizing their efforts. We just recently upgraded our internet to enhance this service for our guests and has been very well received. Our Pool area was transformed into a stunning Banquet Facility with floor to ceiling windows and a walkout balcony. Our new fitness room is located on our 13th floor which features his and her steam rooms, elliptical trainers, treadmills, free weights and bench, recumbent bikes, exercise mats, and rowing machines.
We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Continued Success,
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Tried to call the hotel to let them know I'd be a really late check-in and they didn't answer the phones for the many times I tried to call leading me to wonder how anyone was getting in touch with them. When I did pull in in the wee hours, I was happy enough with the room although it wasn't made clear for a first-timer that the room key needed to be swiped to get up to the floor...good to point that out to new guests. At 4:30 am the fire alarm went off!!!!! We're all standing in the hall in our pj's on the 17th floor panicking...I called the front desk only to be told by a rather non-chalant employee...'oh...someone was just having a steamy shower'...!!!! OMG - get that fixed people. Went and reassured the senior citizens getting into their winter gear to evacuate on our floor that it was a false alarm...
Couldn't get the 'free' wi-fi to work either - called front desk and two different agents couldn't figure out why it wasn't working...funny enough, it worked in every other hotel I've ever stayed at...probably won't be back since it is a competitive market for a good night's sleep...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Sarah W.,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at the Radisson Winnipeg Hotel, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
The experience you described Sarah is not acceptable nor is it indicative of the typical service of our Hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and I can assure you, actions have been taken to ensure similar situations do not occur again in the future. Our service guarantee states that if you are not 100% satisfied with your stay and we are unable to make it right, you won't pay. I would like to request that you contact me directly so I may deliver our service guarantee to you. I may be reached directly at rburton@canadinns.com or 204-975-6206. I appreciate you allowing me the opportunity to address your concerns and I look forward to speaking to you soon.
Richard Burton

Been to Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown? Share your experiences!