“Nice...but noisy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
Toronto, Canada
“Nice...but noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful.
And the hotel is in a great location
I had to look through a number of reviews on this site to find anyone that had a similar issue as did I and other members of my party (staying in other rooms on other floors)

The noise from the elevators (and it took me all night to figure the source of the noise) was loud enough that I didn't sleep (nor did others who I met in the elevator in the morning).

Perhaps changing rooms would have helped had I been staying more than one night.

It is a nice hotel and the staff, the room, the cleanliness were all fine but the noise all night kept me up.

(Oh and the elevator sometimes had a mind of its own)

Room Tip: Away from the elevators
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Peter,
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown LTD.
I was pleased to see that our Associates provided you with the level of service that met your expectations. I would like to apologize for the noise you encountered from the elevators and the inconvenience this caused. As one of the final pieces to our extensive renovations, we have begun elevator upgrades which will see all 4 of our elevator modernized.
I would like to request that upon future trips to Winnipeg that you contact me directly at 204-975-6206 or via email at rburton@canadinns.com. I would like to personally oversee your next visit and have the opportunity to continue to earn your business.

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Casa Grande, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at the downtown Radisson for five days for a seminar that I was attending. It's a high-rise building in the heart of the city and the view was incredible. The cleanliness of my room was perfect and the staff was very helpful. I did hear stories about homeless people in the downtown streets but during my stay I saw no such thing. There are plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance that were quite good as well. As a business person I would recommend this place to my coworkers.

Room Tip: Looking out the window in the evening at the city, beautiful
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Ralph M,
We appreciate you sharing your experience at the Radisson Winnipeg Hotel, owned & operated by Canad Inns.
We were extremely pleased that your visit with us was enjoyable. The view of the city from our guestrooms is amazing and we are glad you had the opportunity to experience it. The greatest compliment we can receive is our guests referring colleagues, friends and family to our hotel and we thank you for that.
We thank you for the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I saw an opportunity for alliteration and I seized it. My apologies.

Alliteration aside, I rated this hotel "Excellent" for one reason: I received a very warm reception from Angie upon my arrival. A little goes a long way to set the tone of a stay, and she delivered.

The hotel itself was nice. Not overly fancy, but well maintained and I think recently renovated. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby which is nice perk. I was only there for one night, but I will likely be returning to Winnipeg at some point and I don't have to look any further than the Radisson.

Room Tip: The higher floor the better. Good views of the city.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of the Radisson Winnipeg Team, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience. Each of our Team members is vital to our success and I was delighted to see that Angie had a positive impact on your visit with us. Guest Service is very important to us and we will continue to work very hard to remain your hotel of choice in Winnipeg. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed overnight January 5-6, 2013 on our way to Edmonton.
We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable.
The room rates were average but then again it is located in downtown a block away from where the Winnipeg Jets play hockey.
Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Karen P,
We thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
We thank you for allowing us to host your visit as you made your way west to Edmonton. It was our pleasure hosting you and I am very pleased your experience with us was a positive one.
The Team at the Radisson looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I live outside of Winnipeg and we stayed here on NYE so we didn't have to drive home after celebrating at Rudy's in the Hydro building. We found very polite front desk staff and what a lovely room, nice decor very clean and a card with a fruit and cheese plate waiting for us (what a super nice touch!). The front desk ordered a cab for us to leave to our celebration at 7:30pm. The cab came and we went . . . . however at 7:30am (after going to sleep at 3) we had a call from the front desk telling us that "your cab is here". I explained that the cab was for 7:30pm, not 'am'. Simple communication failure between desk staff and that happens. Other then that it was perfect and we would stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing your "WOW" experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown LTD.
On behalf of the entire Radisson Team, we thank you for making us your hotel of choice to bring in the New Year. We were delighted to hear your experience was memorable and we wish you and your loved ones all the best in 2013.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Having known downtown Winnipeg to be a rough place at times, with the beggars and whatnot, I was unsure of the safety of this hotel, but we were very happy. The hotel is secure, clean and rates are good. The only thing I wasn't a fan of that we were under the impression there was a pool, for our baby, but after we walked around the hotel, we found that this pool had been converted to meeting rooms. The button on the elevator still said pool. Other than this, no complaints. Sleep number bed = great, very very clean, quiet, great view. We will be back!

Room Tip: Get the sleep number king bed, if you can :)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you K Family for sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown LTD.
We were delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed your visit with us. We have implemented many new initiatives to ensure our guests feel a sense of security during their visit. Our guest's safety and security is our highest priority while ensuring a positive and memorable experience.
It was our pleasure hosting you and we look forward to welcoming back in the near future. We wish you and your family all the best over the Holiday Season and continued Success.
Richard
River Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We came from the Twin Cities to finally see Neil Young, after having this desire for 4 decades!
Friday Nights concert had mixed reviews with us unfortunately. Many great old songs but way way to long with the guitar riffs and wandering solos to the point of becoming irritating and uncomfortable. Many people around us, and maybe even some old classmates of his were saying out loud "OK Neil, move on ". Will I regret the experience? Absolutely not, plenty of oldies and goodies were also thrown in. Who couldn't love Neil? Nor do we regret staying at the Radisson. We had two nights in the corner suite of the 27th floor. What a room and what a view. Downtown lights were fabulous. The room very spacious. We loved the adjustable beds, contrary to what others seem to think. 2 big spacious separate rooms with huge windows gave us 2 nights of viewing pleasure. We were also able to see the end of the parade route from the living room looking to the East. So had 2 hours of viewing fun while nice and warm with food drink and bathroom :) Front row seats to the fireworks but just as we got settled in they were done!? We are use to a 30-60 minute shows for just about any event?? Breakfast in the 29th floor lounge was very mediocre as were the appetizers in the eve. Expecting more of a warm protein type dish for breakfast (eggs/bacon/sausage) and chicken wings/weenies for appetizers? But that's just our crazy expectations LOL The staff all excellent !... especially Jonathan at the Front desk. Helped us check in without a problem and rebook for the next night at very short notice. Always pleasant and with a smile. Very Clean Rooms. This is very important. Great shower lots of extra toiletries. Old hotel without the old hotel smells and sounds. Reasonable Rates for large Suite. I would stay here every time I come to Winnipeg. Thank You

Room Tip: 2716 is perfecto! South facing, Corner room, quiet, top floors are always best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Todd H,
Thank you for sharing your great experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown LTD.
I am glad to hear that you finally got to see Neil Young, and after 4 decades of waiting, it must have been a great night.
Our view of the city from our guestrooms is spectacular. I am pleased that you experienced all that we offer.
I appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast and appetizers in the Club Lounge. Typically, our breakfast and appetizers are very good, I will be following up with our Food & Beverage Team to address your comments.
We thank you for choosing the Radisson Winnipeg and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Richard

Been to Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown? Share your experiences!