“Good place: quiet, comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 25%
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Ottawa
“Good place: quiet, comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I liked this hotel. The decor was peaceful. Bed comfortable. Clean. Great shower pressure. The TV is not high def and not a lot of channels but I didn't come here to watch TV. The hotel staff are friendly. Good controls for heat/cool/fan in room. I recommend this hotel for business travel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Jennifer,
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown LTD.
I was extremely pleased to learn that our product and service met your expectations. On behalf of the Radisson Team, we thank you for the opportunity to host you while in Winnipeg and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Continued Success,

Richard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
dtw
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

There are very few hotels in the downtown area and the Fairmont was booked so this was the second best choice. They promote the fact they have Sleep Number beds but everyone in my party agreed these were the worst beds we've every slept on. I tried to make myself a cup of tea using the coffee maker in the room but black particles came out. The rooms are small and the only decent thing about the hotel was the price at $135 a night. I wouldn't recommend the Radisson to anyone who requires a comfortable nights sleep or a clean room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for your review and your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I would like to extend my apologies to you and your party regarding the less than satisfactory nights rest. We recognized that sleep number beds are a personal preference and over the past few months, we have started replacing these with a new pillow top mattress that has had great reviews.
We have many different room types targeted to the business traveler and it would be my pleasure to review these with you. We have just recently added 14 more new business class king Suites that are specifically geared to the business traveler. These are equipped with new pillow top mattresses, laptop safes, turndown service, upgraded amenities, robe/slippers, Ihome clock radios, additional power outlets, hot breakfast and complimentary beverage. Our Club Product consists of 16 beautifully appointed suites with exclusive access to Club Lounge.
Please feel free to contact me directly at 204-975-6206 or via email at rburton@canadinns.com, I would like the opportunity to further discuss your visit. I do hope to hear from you.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was at Winnipeg for 6 nights and so decided to give this one a try. I stay at the Fairmont or Inn at Forks but the former was sold out and the latter was a lot more expensive.

The hotel entrance and lobby is most unimpressive. I had got myself upgraded to a 1 BR suite and so I got the room on the club level floor; 29. The floor also has the club lounge, which makes it a bit convenient if you want to have meetings there.

The room was good size with a dining table and a small kitchenette. There was sofa bed, which was most uncomfortable and 2 leather chairs, which were comfortable. The bed was normal king size. The TV could probably do with more channels as they dont have very many.

The lounge serves hor d ouevres from 5 to 7 PM daily but beware. There is no free booze. Only free snacks. All drinks cost money; even at the lounge. This I thought was quiet cheap of the hotel as almost every other hotel in the world does give free drinks at the club lounge. That is the whole point of upgrading to a club floor. I also found one of the lounge hostesses to be very rude and with an attitude. She was a Filipino but she behaved in a very casual and rude manner one of the nights.

The breakfast at the lounge was also quite terrible. Cereal and either a toast or a bagel; this not real breakfast. A lot of these hotels get away with giving almost nothing and saying that its "continental" breakfast. In which continent does a bagel and a cereal with no hot entree count as a breakfast? The food at the restaurant was also average.

The internet was free however for some reason the system keeps logging you off each time your computer goes to standby requiring the login process, again. The first night internet was very slow but then was fine the other nights.

I paid an average of about 250 per night inclusive of taxes for a suite, which makes it not a bade deal. Would I repeat the hotel? Only if I did not get the Fairmont again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear valued Guest,
We thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown LTD.
I was pleased to see that you had the opportunity to experience our Club Floor. I very much appreciated and thank you for your feedback regarding our Continental Breakfast and Beverage Service in the Club Lounge. The breakfast you described did not sound typical, I have followed up with our Chef to ensure our quality and offerings are consistently delivered.
We thank you for the opportunity to host you on this visit and I would be very open to further discuss the benefits and features of our hotel at your convenience. I am confident that our team can deliver the 5 star service you deserve. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you. I may be reached at rburton@canadinns.com or direct at 204-975-6206.
We wish you continued Success,
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is located right in the middle of lots of food and shopping. The hotel is very nice with a Starbucks attached to the lobby. The elevators are extremely fast. The king bed room was very spacious and well decorated. The desk was perfect for getting work done. The room also had a small refrigerator and a very nice flat panel TV with lots of channels to choose from. The bathroom was a little tight, but there was lots of counter space to place bathroom supplies. The shower was good with decent water pressure and nice shower head. The Sleep Number bed was very comfortable. The air conditioner in the room was amazing...finally a hotel room that can actually be kept cool with AC. Overall great room and location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown LTD.
We were very pleased you had an enjoyable visit. We do have much to offer our guests and I was very pleased you enjoyed the Starbucks, our location and our King Suites. We will continue to work very hard to remain your hotel of choice when traveling to Winnipeg.
It was our pleasure serving you and we look forward to your return in the very near future.
Continued Success,
Arlon, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Plus:
- Location
- Friendly staff

Minus
- Had to change room because of elevator noise (4 elevators travelling non stop...)
Got a room with another room between the elevator and my room...same noise.
Alarm clock from 3 rooms away could be heard just like if it was in my room...Could not sleep at all...
- The hotel looks old...american style I would say...maybe I am used to European standards...far better
- Looking for a safe in the room...still looking...a minimum for this hotel range!
- Gym...small, too small for such a large hotel...went down, and back to my room as too many people there already
- Food....maybe a winnipeg style, not sure: Junk food but the "restaurant" if I can call that a restaurant, has a nice view over the city.
- Oh, first room I had, missing one bed sidelamp...someone gone with it?
- Air conditionning....well..try to sleep with the fan on, sounds like a helicopter.
- New room...curtains torn
- Bathroom: outdated

I surely miss other points but honestly, choose another hotel if you come to winnipeg...I can tell you that I travel A LOT and it is maybe one of the worse hotel ever!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for providing the details of your stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize that the hotel was not up to the standards you have come to expect. Please know that we will use your feedback to fine tune our operations so that these issues do not arrise again.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed two nights at the Radisson DT Winnipeg. This is an older property but overall I was very pleased with the amenities. The rooms are somewhat on the small size (I had a King room) as are the bathrooms. I am not a fan of the Sleep Number bed (which this Radisson has) although I know here in the US the Sleep Number beds are being replaced in many hotels. My only real negative is that the lighting in the room is not sufficient. Only wall lights and lamps; no overhead lighting (unless you include the entry light which offers no real light at all).

I did order room service on my second night and it was delivered in a timely fashion, the food was to temperature and I thought it was very good (fish and chips).

The second night the fire alarm went off at around 2:30 AM and continued for 5 minutes or so. It then went off again the following morning at around 7:00 and that time was followed by an announcement that is was a false alarm. Not sure what that was about.

I would stay at this Radisson again when in Winnipeg.

Room Tip: I was in Room 1812 which must be next to the elevator shaft so was able to hear the elevator going u...
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of the Radisson Winnipeg Team, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience.
We were pleased to learn your experience with us was a positive one for the most part. We are in the process of changing out our sleep number beds as well to new Simmons pillow top mattresses that are absolutely fantastic. We are also in the process of phasing in the new lamps which will allow for better lighting as well as additional plug ins with easy access.
My apologies for the fire alarms, we did have 2 false alarms which were handled quickly and I am sorry this caused some inconvenience.
We thank you for making the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg your destination decision when traveling to Winnipeg and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here two nights for a wedding. We Booked a suite - what a beautiful room! Everything seemed brand new, and a gorgeous view of the city. A minor hiccup after check-in (the bathroom lock did not fubction) was fixed less than 15 minutes after a call to the front desk. We had a friend sleep on the pull-out sofa bed the night prior to the wedding, and she commented that it was actually quite comfortable. The king bed was also beautiful for sleeping, although we didn't take the time to play with the sleep number controller. The wedding set-up the next day was also breathtaking. We ate brunch Sunday am, and it was very good. A few dishes outside the usual standards, like pickerel cheeks, made it a great treat...but watch out for the orange juice! It was great but cost like $6 for a glass. Overall a great weekend in downtown Wpg.

• Stayed May 2012
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown LTD.
We were pleased to see that your overall experience with us was a great one. Your comments regarding our Suites, Banquet Facilities and Food are very much appreciated. Weddings are always special and we are very appreciative of the opportunity to be part of this wonderful occasion.
Richard Burton

Been to Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown? Share your experiences!