“Great conference venue, great staff!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre

You added Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1670 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3J 0C9, Canada (Formerly Ramada Winnipeg Hotel-Viscount-Gort)   |
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great conference venue, great staff!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We recently held our annual conference at the hotel. Kristi and Gerard were great and ensured everything went smootly during our conference although all the staff were very accomadating and friendly. Food was very good. Guest rooms were clean and comfortable. Had a swim in the pool which was a nice treat to wind down to after a busy day although the hot tub didn't seem to be working during my stay there which would've been nice to relax in. The Gort restaurant was superb. Excellent location, close to the shopping mall and airport. Overall great place to stay with the family, while on a business trip or hold a conference or any event for that matter. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TRACY W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
We thank you for providing Us a wonderful review about your experience with Us on Tripadvisor.
Our Professional Sales Executive Kristi Dueck and Banquet Manager Gerard Brewster will ensure nothing is overlooked to ensure that your Event will run smoothly.
Our renovated Guest Rooms provide comfort to make every stay enjoyable.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with Us and look forward to Hosting your Event again in the future.

Viscount Gort Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I just spent a week at the Viscount Gort in Winnipeg for a conference. I was one of the conference planners and I found all of the staff friendly and very helpful! Thank you Jodi and Gerard for the extra attention and help! The rooms and the pool were delightful. The food was very good and so was the service. It was a pleasure working with all of you and thank you for helping to make our conference a success!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We know how much time and effort it takes to plan an Conference and to ensure all of your Guests are taken care of.
Our Staff pride themselves in proving attention to detail as well as Professional Service to everyone attending such large Conferences to help take the worry away from the Organizers involved.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed at the viscount this past month while I was in town on business. Everything was phenomenal including the room, food and service. Jodi at the front desk was extremely helpful and took care of all the arrangements. I am not familiar with the city and she helped me with all my transportation and navigation needs. The rooms were clean and the staff were all very friendly. I had breakfast in the hotel every morning and it was excellent. The location is great as it's close to the airport. Whether it's a short or long stay, I highly recommend this hotel! Looking forward to enjoying all the amenities next time I'm back in town!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for provide us with a review about your recent stay here with Us. Jodi is a wonderful asset to the Hotel as she always try's to ensure that each and every Guest is taken care of.
We are glad you had an opportunity to utilize our Restaurant during your stay and enjoy a wonderful breakfast.
Our proximity to all local attractions and shopping makes us the ideal spot for everyone coming to Winnipeg.

We look forward to your next stay with Us.

Flin Flon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I would strongly recommend the Ramada Viscount Gort Hotel in Winnipeg Manitoba. I do not know where to even begin. Great service friendly Staff, excellent location. I know in the past if I ever had a problem either with the room or if something was broken that the staff at the Viscount Gort would accommodate us to another room if need be. Or if there was something wrong with the toilet we would tell the front desk on our way out and by the time we would come back the problem would be fixed. I can not wait and am really looking forward for my next visit there at the end of the month.

I have stayed at many hotels in Winnipeg and I do have to say that the Viscount is the best hotel in Winnipeg.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TRACY W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
We thank you for providing us such a wonderful review about your numerous visits with us. Our Team at the RAMADA Viscount Gort Hotel provide themselves in providing the utmost in Processional Service to each and every one of our Guests.
We thank you for your years of Loyalty and look forward to your next stay here with us.

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. Stayed here because of the pool because my son loves water slides, but that is the only good thing about this hotel. We check in at might night, and when we got to pre reserved room, it was not a sweet, which when I confirmed with the hotel a week prior they said it would be. When I called the front desk to tell them they made us carry all our luggage back down to the front desk to get our new key for the correct room, we'll with a tired cranky toddler and all the luggage that comes with traveling with a child, I was not impressed. Then they told us our correct room would be $40 more per night then what we were told over the phone. Then when we got to our room it was old and musty smelling with a toilet that is continuously running, it was very dusty and not very clean in general. It is also right next to the highway so it is very loud. The clerks at the front were very rude. All in all the only good thing was the pool.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
TRACY W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
We have read your review and we are disappointed in the lack of communication with RAMADA when booking your room with one of there Agents. I have spoken with RAMADA about your concern in booking the incorrect room type to ensure that this does not happen again.
Our Front Desk Manager read your review as we were not aware of any of your concerns and wanted to ensure that your remaining days with us are enjoyable.
We are glad that you have enjoyed that last couple of nights with us and have made your stay one to enjoy and will be staying with us again.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I flew in from Vancouver for one night, and found a very good price on this hotel which was super convenient and close to the MTS Centre. I landed at 145pm, arrived at the Viscount at 2 and the front desk agent allowed me to check in an hour before the regular check in time which was 3, she was super friendly and I was happy I had time to relax before the concert. The room was so clean, air conditioner and heating worked perfect, and the beds were SO comfy. The location was easy to get to, and near every necessity you need. I would strongly recommend staying at this hotel if its for a long time, or even just one night :) The check-out girl Sandra was amazing also!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
We are glad you found the Hotel convenient for your visit to Winnipeg. Our location is second to none in proximately to shopping, dinner and entertainment in Winnipeg. We are close to everything Winnipeg has to offer.
Our Professional Staff will do what ever they can to ensure that a Guest can check in early as we know that that little extra time can make a big difference.
I have made our Front Desk Manager aware of your wonderful comment about Sandra.
Thanks you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay here with us.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The room was pleasant, the mattress good for sleeping, secure complimentary parking was good, the WIFI was a bonus except for intermittent speed problems. The 1970's era heater / air conditioner could be on low, on high or off. In other words, the choice was to freeze, or to listen to the fan all night. The sports bar service, beer and pub grub were acceptable. The location was suitably close to downtown, airport, shopping, etc. but then Winnipeg is not a giant metropolis. Both elevators were antiques. The 1970's era psychedelic hall carpeting could do with an upgrade. I would look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you providing us comments about your recent stay here with us as we take any and all comments very seriously.
we are happy you enjoyed our room and complimentary services we provide in our Hotel.
I have addressed your concern about the air units with our Building Manger to ensure that directions on how to adjust the temperature in our Guest Rooms are visible, so that each Guest can control the temperature in there room.
Again, thank you for providing us your comments.

RAMADA Viscount Gort Hotel

Been to Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!