“thanks from sask” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre

You added Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1670 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3J 0C9, Canada (Formerly Ramada Winnipeg Hotel-Viscount-Gort)   |
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
“thanks from sask”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Wife and I stayed at this facility for two nites. In town for medical appointment at health sciences center which recommended this as a place to stay. Made use of the shuttle van to get us to the right place and not have to worry about parking, Called to get picked up and van arrived half hour later and whisked us back to hotel. Didn't have to move the car until we left. Short walk to Polo Park mall and other shops in area. Had snacks at sports bar; great sticky wings and belgian beer on tap, met family from city and had nice supper in restaurant. Wait staff were great and fun.
beautiful and tasteful construction to front lobby and lounge and restaurant. Room 411 had balcony for morning coffee;door knob to balcony was loose so had to fight to get it open.Room and bathroom were clean. Wouldn't hurt to use the carpet shampooer more often on hallway rugs
lots of traffic noise because of proximity to freeway,keep window closed wasn't a problem.
All in all staff very helpful and friendly. Would stay here again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tracy W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Thank you for the review and we appreciate all of your comments. We feel that it is important for all of our Staff to hear the perspective from our Guest's point of view. We pride our Hotel in providing Superior Customer Service to all of our Guests. We look forward to your next stay here with Us.

RAMADA Viscount Gort Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a wonderful experience!
We decided to have our wedding here because we have always had great experiences with the service and the food, not to mention that the hotel had just been renovated! We really wanted to impress our guests, while keeping within our budget. This facility did just that! Everyone that we dealt with (before & after the wedding), was more than helpful and courteous! We still get compliments on our wedding menu, and I would agree with them! The food was the best I have ever had at a wedding, and I'm so glad that it was at my own! Last but not least, the room/suite was clean and cozy and was a great comfort to my new husband and I, once our big day was over! Thanks to everyone that helped us to make it a memorable day! We will definitely be back! : )

• Stayed July 2012
Tracy W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We thank you Verona for taking the time to fill out a Tripadvisor Review for the RAMADA Viscount Gort Hotel in Winnipeg for your Wedding. We have recently spent 12 Million Dollars on our Renovations in the entire Hotel which helps us to provide the outmost in Customer Service, Experience and Quality for all of our Guests in the Hotel.

Brandon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We made a reservation and got exactly what we asked for. We had a king room. We also had a very late check-in and it was fast and convenient once we finally got there. The hotel and our room was very clean (no complaints). The hotel was quiet and the bed was nice. The pool and hot tub were great and quiet! The staff was friendly too but did not go out of their way to be helpful or extra nice.

My only complaint that there was no robes for guests. I prefer them to walk down to the pool with one.

The food in the restaurant was delicious and fast!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your response to Tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to write the review about our Newly Renovated Hotel.
At the RAMADA Viscount Gort Hotel we pride ourselves in providing attention, service and quality to all of our Guests.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next Visit with us at The RAMADA Viscount Gort Hotel.

RAMADA Viscount Gort Hotel
Winnipeg Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We found the hotel to be very clean. The staff was very nice. It was great because it was so close to Polo Park.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brandon, MB, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Im a regular and usually stay once every 2-3 months. The only reason I choose this hotel is becuase of location, I like to be near portage ave & withing walking of polo park & there don't seem to be other options. I don't think we will want to stay again. Just after the flood in 2011 the rooms were really run down, that was a little to be expected. My room had a broken toilet seat, broken lock and a tv that did not work well. When we ordered prime rib from the restaurant it did not come with the sides advertised, even after we brought it to the attention of our server, nothing was done.

Our next stay in WPG we stayed somewhere else. because of location we stayed again in April 2012. They gave me a very nice quiet room on the 4th floor, however the room itself was starting to look a bit run down and the rug was sticky. I had specifically asked for my sheets to be changed. and that night when I was ready to go to bed and pulle d back my sheets, the sheets looked old and pilled with 12" long black hair all over. I am blond with very short hair. They were nice and came and inspected, and later changed the sheets, it was about an hour (after i originally wanted to go to bed) before I could go to bed, not very relaxing at all. I thought they would comp me something, even offer a nice breakfast or something, especially since I am loyal and kept on returning bad stay after bad stay. What was I thinking?

Well here I am again, I guess I just don't learn! First I am here on business and asked for a very quiet room. You would think they would mention that there is a girls hockey tern. on and there will not be any quiet rooms anywhere in the hotel. Then they put me in the same room as last fall, well at least the door is fixed, probably becuase they fixed it then, but the toilet seat is still broken, the tv is green and guess what? LONG BLACK HAIR in my bed again!
Now that's not to mention that they also did not bother to vacuume my floor which has dirt, crumbs from the night before even with me taking my shoes off at the door.

Now the restaurant again is another matter, don't bother with breakfast unless you have 45min - an hour. I arrived at 7:35am, knew my time was limitedso asked before I was even seated, can you serve me within 5 -10 min as I have to leave before 7:50. I was told yes we can. well after 7:50am, I boxed up my breakfast and had to eat it on my way to my meeting and during coffee. I signed for my breakfast in good faith and after my meeting returned to the hotel. I was called by restaurant staff to come pay my bill, I was in a rush to visit family and when I returned thought why am I paying for poor service? So tried to discuss with the front desk the number of issues I was facing (did not know that I had the black hair in bed). I felt like I was ignored and felt brushed off, did not feel like a welcomed guest. Did not get anywhere with them other than they would speak to someone the next day. Got a not to friendly call from the restaurant when I returned to my room. She was not respectful and talked down to me. Well she behaved rather ignorantly.

910pm and hockey girls partying in the hall, so much for getting some sleep and an early start tomorrow & front desk won't even answer their phone.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Amelia Court House, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I recently stayed at the Viscount Gort Hotel for 10 days while on business in Winnipeg. I travel for a living, so I've stayed in all kinds of hotels - high end, resorts, budget, moderate - and never, *never* have I had the pleasure to stay in a hotel where everything came together to bring about a perfect stay. The lobby is clean and well appointed, the lounge and restaurant offer a varied menu with reasonable prices, the rooms have every amenity and the housekeeping staff is exceptional, and the service --- all I can say is *wow*. This is rare. I was so impressed I actually took the time to get to know the staff so that I could give a shout out in this review. Jodi, Arthena, Sher, and Alena to name just a few at the front desk - did all they could to ensure a comfortable, pleasurable stay.... and they went out of their way to help me find all I needed in the City.

The housekeeping staff - especially Monica - was exceptional. I walked by rooms she was cleaning and saw her on her hands and knees cleaning bathroom floors. I asked for extra coffee my first day and never had to ask again for the remaining 9 days of my stay. Another first. Melissa in the restaurant and her staff in the restaurant and lounge go out of their way to be accommodating. Did I also mention the $3.99 breakfast special? What a value for a great meal -- 2 eggs, toast, hash browns, and bacon or sausage.

I understand all this is under the direction of the new General Manager, Tracy Wilkie, who I also had the pleasure to meet while I was there. With Tracy at the helm, there is no limit to the things this hotel and this staff can achieve together.

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: They have several balcony rooms.