“Fantastic, one of the best hotel's I've stayed in.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites

You added Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites to your Saves list
Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Wellington Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0S6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic, one of the best hotel's I've stayed in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2006

Stayed here for the weekend with the family and all I have to say is fantastic. Great rooms, great service, read the other reviews they're right on!!

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Ambler, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2006

Over the past year I have stayed several times at this hotel on business. Consistently, I have found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms are always spotless (ask for the corner balcony suites in warmer weather) and well maintained. The hotel-wide wireless internet access is fantastic. You can take a laptop from your room, down the elevator and into the Bar or Restaurant area without ever losing connection. The Restaurant is top notch with fresh and creative menu items. The fitness room and pool area are also beautifully maintained. I never stay anywhere else when my travels take me to Winnipeg.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Suites Airport over the New Year holidays (and one time before this). This hotel is always a great place to stay! Rooms are spacious and affordable. Employees are friendly and parking is available for any size of vehicle (no need to worry about parkades like the downtown hotels!). I would recommend this hotel to both families and for business.

• Stayed January 2006
Windsor, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2006

We stayed here twice in December, at either end of our honeymoon, flying in and out of Winnipeg Airport.
The first night was great. The bed's are famously comfortable, and the room is clean and nicely decorated. Staff were super helpful, offering a shuttle to Polo Park and back. Room-service breakfast was also fantastic, with the cutest little Heinz ketchup bottle I have ever seen! (And I've had a lot of room service breakfasts!)
The second stay was less impressive. We had 3 heavy suitcases, and they checked us into a room that had no elevator access, and so the poor bell boy had to treck up 2 flights of stairs. When we got to the room it was a poolside room, and there was kids screaming at the top of their lungs enjoying a pool party of some kind. THe pool does not close until 11pm, so we asked to move, which wasn't a problem, except for the treck down the stairs to the elevator.
THe front desk staff were less friendly this time, and we had to plead for a ride to Polo Park, with no gurantee of a ride home.
Also no Yellow Pages in the room - which I thought was quite bizarre!
Nice hotel. Noisy pool. Lucky dip on the front desk staff.

• Stayed December 2005
winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2005

Just got back this morning from a free night at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport. We recieved a coupon for a suite last minute (it expires today), and decided to give it a shot. We are now considering staying there the night of our wedding, before heading off to our honeymoon site. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The hotel is supposedly an 'all suites' hotel, but then says it has 11 poolside guest rooms. We were booked into one of these, and were not disapointed. We had an outside wall King room, with a room on only one side- and were lucky enough that it was vacant.

Upon walking into the room, there is a very large closet with ironing board and iron, and full length mirror. Then to the right was the bathroom. This exceeded my expectations of hotel bathrooms and I've done a bit of traveling. The vanity had a nice large mirror and was made of marble slabs with an undermounted sink. It had ceramic tile on the floor and in the shower, which was very large and had good pressure. Soaps were Crabtree and Evelyn, and even though I am pretty picky about my shampoos, I loved them. Other than this, the bathroom was just in very good condition, everything is very new (hotel was recently redone), and looked very sleek.

After the bathroom, the room opened up into the main area. We did not have a separate sitting area, but there was still plenty of room nonetheless. The was a small chair and ottoman on one side, the desk with tv, and then stashed in the corner was another marble slab countertop and kitchenette area, that had a mini fridge, microwave and cabinet space, as well as the coffeemaker, ice bucker and a complimentary bottle of water.

We had a door taking us straight to the pool, and were a little apprehensive about this, since we were spending the whole day in the room, but it turned out to be not too bad. The pool closes at 11pm, and with our tv on, we could barely hear them.

The pool area itself was nice, but nothing to write home about, although there was a nice looking exercise room overlooking the pool where several middle aged men were reading the paper and walking on the treadmills.

We looked through the room service menu, and prices were actually decent, but we ended up ordering food in, since we had the minifridge. TV was nice, but pay per view movies were all very expensive.

And the best part- I read countless reviews from people who hate the beds in their hotel rooms, and say it is the worst sleep they have ever had... Well as of this morning there is only one thing on my wish list- a Hilton bed! It was absoutely to die for with the brand new King size mattresses and the the featherbed addition on top, and that's not even counting the high quality sheets or duvet blanket. There were also five large feather pillows and a neck roll pillow? which I had always thought was really weird- but turned out to be great when "cuddling" and watching tv. The bed was seriously the best part about the room, and made the whole stay worth it. I acted like a little kid and ran and jumped on it about ten times, just because I was so impressed with the softness. And the best part... bed was completely silent. :D
All in all, I would definately stay at this hotel again. Reception was great, room was very clean, as were hallways, and for the $99 price tag, I would say it is well worth it. I'm sure I could go to a more prominent Hilton and this room would seem poor in comparison, but compared to what I have seen in Winnipeg, and the prices that accompany these rooms, I can't come up with a reason not to stay here.
I do have pictures to upload later, but don't have my camera with me right now. Any questions... feel free to ask! my email is jeninejessica@hotmail.com

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

This is a very nice hotel. All rooms have a microwave, and SMALL size fridge. Service is good, lounge is nice, restaraunt is nice but not a lot of variety on the menu. Nice pool area (pool and hot tub are not large) but this was ok as it doesn't attrach the families and was very quiet. I stayed here for work related reasons as it was close to the training facility. Issue I had was that it wasn't the best accomodations for an extended stay. The goverment priced rooms where small - no sitting area or desk, the fridge was small, and although they did try to accomade a longer check-out it still wasn't helpful. The Greenwood up the road had larger rooms with sitting area, larger fridges, and accomodated our need to check-out later in order to wrap up our day with a shower from our day of physical training.
Overall I would recommend it for short stays as it is a very lovely hotel and with nice service, and facilities.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2005

My husband and I live on a farm north of Winnipeg and stayed at the Hilton in June. We found it very relaxing and after the tragic loss of our son in January we really needed a break away from our home. We found that the Hilton really provided this much needed break away and look forward to many more. The staff was very friendly and the suites are very nicely decorated and clean.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites? Share your experiences!