“Recently Remodeled; Clean, Close to Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites

You added Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites to your Saves list
Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Wellington Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0S6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milwaukee
“Recently Remodeled; Clean, Close to Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with family. More than enough room for the four of us to spread out in the separate "living room" area which had its own tv, couch, refrigerator and sink. That's also where the desk was located, making it simple to take care of office work and calls while the kids slept in the bedroom.
This may be the smallest Hilton I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in many!), but it felt up to Hilton standards to me. It appears to be recently remodeled and restyled, though the bathroom fixtures could use some help. The Executive Lounge was well stocked and open nearly around the clock for beverages... (including an espresso/cappuccino maker) and food set out for breakfast and snacks in the evening. We also ate once quite late at the bar downstairs which was very accommodating, tasty, and not overly-expensive.
The indoor pool area was nice, and had one of the largest hot tubs I've seen, especially in a hotel that size.
We didn't use it, but I saw a number of guests using the airport shuttle. Though the airport is just down the street and the room faced it, I never once heard a plane.
Even though it's "an airport hotel" you're only about 10 minutes drive from downtown and 5 minutes drive from Polo Park shopping mall, which seems to be the nicest in Winnipeg.
As Hilton Gold Members, the wifi was free and worked quite well. No complaints.
We paid about $150 (CAN) a night, which I felt was very fair given the size of the room and quality of the stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Ile Des Chene, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

No issues. When we arrived we heard a dog barking in a room as we walked to the hall. We thought that would be a problem, but when we got to our room we could not hear it at all. We heard no noise from air traffic during our stay, despite being right by the airport and my wife being an incredibly light sleeper.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I am a Hilton Diamond member so I see many Hilton facilities on my travels. This one is tired, not only from a facility perspective, focus is off as well. I will keep this to the point - there was pink mold on the shower head, the patio door was so dirty it was not pleasant to look outside and after asking for a "high floor away from the elevators" ( i know this is not always available) I was on 2nd, 2 rooms away from the elevator..... and just outside my door, about 10 feet down the hallway, there was a ginormous fan running, a fan usually used to hold large inflatables inflated (you can imagine the noise) - which I assume was to dry carpet or something.

Anyway it was not pleasant after a meeting that ended @ 11:45 p.m. So, when i went to the Guest Services Manager the next morning, he said "i'm so sorry, let us know the next time you are coming in and we will do something very special for you...." standard response which I do not care about.

At least the Homewood Suites brand gets it right.... "If you’re not completely satisfied let us know. We’ll make it right or your night’s stay is free." Now I only stayed one night, but the $300+ cost did not match the quality. Beware, I am sure there are some decent rooms in the facility... it all depends on the housekeeping staff and their focus...

Scottsdale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Quality room, fair price and a comfortable welcome lobby and bar. If you need a location near the hotel, this is an excellent hotel to use. Near some quality restaurants as well, and definitely convenient to the airport. I would whole heartedly recommend staying here. I travel over 100 days a year, and staying at this hotel was a great experience.

Penticton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Rooms were well kept and smelled fresh. We were working at the airport and the hotel provided a shuttle service back and forth everyday. There is not much around the hotel in terms of services or shopping. The gym was nice and clean with a newer equipment

Knoxville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The check-in was very fast. They explained all benefits and encouraged me to visit the executive suite. The executive suite has a good selections of snack food and drinks. The executive suite staff was very friendly and helpful.

Dryden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We enjoyed our stay, it was clean and convenient for us. Pool needs to be better, miss the outdoor pool. But workout room is very good. If you want a good hotel close to the air port and polo park, then this would be a good choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites? Share your experiences!