“Nice big rooms,clean and comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites

Save Saved
You added Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites to your Saves list
Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Wellington Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0S6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #12 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
Churchill, Canada
“Nice big rooms,clean and comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had 2 adjoining rooms for 2 moms and 2 younger kids and one teenager, lots of space for everyone. The rooms were clean and comfortable, I would have taken my bed home if I could have fit it in the suitcase.We found the rooms to be nice and quiet even though we were near the elevator.The pool was good and the hot tub fantastic, the hotel prefers that you walk throught he 2nd floor to get to the pool but there is a door off the ground floor. We used the ground floor entrance as doing stairs is a challenge for one of our group and no one stopped us.Parking can be a bit of a challenge. If you need to park at the back then be prepared for a long walk to get to the lobby.The cleaning staff was at our door fairly early but came back when we asked them to. We had an excellent 5 days.

Room Tip: There were 2 mothers with a total of 3 kids ( one teenager) we had 2 adjoining rooms. There was en...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are so very pleased your five night stay was most enjoyable in both the room and the pool area. I also noticed that you had really enjoyed the bed in your room as well which is always comforting to hear. If you are ever interested in ordering one of our mattresses please feel free to contact the hotel and we would be ever so happy to do so. We wish you all the best and a speedy return to our property for your next family vacation to Winnipeg.

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

In town for 2 nights. Booked this room as it was the only place that was on HHonors. $269 a night is absolutely ridiculous. I had the one BR suite (all that was available at time of booking). great size room but I was surrounded by old furnishings and finishes. the carpet was literally coming apart at the seams and curled up. the curtains looked old and dingy. couch and chair were comfy but look dated. maybe that's just the designer's fault...

Didn't eat at the restaurant because it seemed equally overpriced. parking is $9 a night which seems like a ripoff but I understand it is to pay the security.

My biggest complaint is the wifi. what a joke. I was in a corner balcony room and the signal was terrible at best. this posed an issue because I'm here from the states. international data is super expensive so having a reliable wifi connection for internet and skype is essential. the only good thing about it was it was free. I fully expected a $14.99/night fee, so kudos on not taking my money for that.

Overall it was a nice stay. quiet and comfortable, which is what I really booked the room for. just some cosmetic issues in my opinion.

Fix the wifi signals and I'll be back. otherwise I'll wait for the Hampton Inn to open.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. I would like to let you know that we have finished our renovation of the top three floors of the hotel with the remaining floors set to be completed at the end of 2013. Among the extensive renovations included the carpets, furnishings and fixtures and HD television channels. Outside of the room renovations we have also added a new Executive lounge on our 6th floor as well as our completely remodeled 24 hour fitness centre. I will certainly be looking into the issues with the wireless signal in your room that you had commented about. We certainly would love to see you back to give our property another chance and to have you stay in one of our newly renovated guestrooms.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great Hotel - Only place I stay when in Winnipeg every 4-6 weeks. Always use the Fitness center. It is always the cleanest of all the hotels I stay in ( I am on the road almost every week) with all high end equipment. Great proximity to the Airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are always pleased to see such kind comments from a regular traveler to our property. I am also very pleased that you had enjoyed our newly renovated 24 hour fitness centre. We look forward to seeing you return back very soon.

Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Winnipeg from March 10 to 15 for a business trip. The only rooms my employer would pay for are the ones by the pool because they are the cheapest. If you have a little extra money I would recommend staying in the other rooms as these ones can be fairly noisy. The pool closes by 11pm however so it was always quiet after that.

As for the rooms themselves the walls feel like they're paper thin because I could hear almost everything going on in the room next to me. I only had a neighbor one night so I dealt with it. The room had a mini fridge that didn't seem to get very cold but it was fine to store food in. It also had a microwave and sink. Nice touch if you're staying for a week since we all know restaurant food gets old real fast. The room came with two double beds that were comfy, I slept well every night. For some reason my room had a flimsy table instead of a desk. They put this tacky stained table cloth on it that was kind of gross so I didn't really use the desk. I had a friend staying in another poolside room that had an actual desk so I think this was just my room for some reason.

The bathroom was clean and a good size. Shower was nice. I noticed that they have extremely hard water. Not sure if this is a Winnipeg thing or not but when I am used to having a water softener it makes a BIG difference. So bring lots of soap and shampoo because you will need a lot of it! Bathroom came with a portable hair dryer. I didn't use it so I can't tell you if it was any good or not.

The pool was a good temperature. I noticed complaints that the pool was dirty but I didn't really notice it to the point that it bothered me.... What public pool isn't dirty? The hot tub was big and very HOT. Almost too hot because we could only sit in it for a couple minutes before it got to be too much. It is nice though because there is a little wall that separates the pool and hot tub which gives a bit more privacy.

The gym was 24hrs and was very nice! Clean and new machines. The treadmills were great. They had TV's attached to them and you could plug in your headphones to listen or hook up your IPOD through it. Gym provided towels and water.

The hotel restaurant was a bit pricey. I only ate at it once and once was enough. Food was not top quality for the prices they charge. I believe I spent 12 dollars on a spinach dip and the dip had cheese on top that was so hard you needed a knife to cut through it. Yuck.

What made this hotel good for me was the service. The attendants were SO polite and helpful whenever I dealt with them. Never once had a problem with any requests I made. I made use of the free shuttle service back to the airport which was great after having to pay for taxis all week.

The hotel is really close to the airport. The training I had to do for work was right in the area which is why I chose it. With that said there is NOTHING in the vicinity for entertainment or meals other than other hotels. We pretty much had to take a cab in order to go anywhere for a decent dinner or shopping. The area seems a little sketchy as well because its all industrial but then that's expected when you're near the airport.

Overall I would stay here again if I was in Winnipeg for the same training. If I was there for entertainment I think one is better off staying downtown or in polo park area.

Room Tip: Avoid the pool rooms if you don't like noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are very pleased to hear that you were pleased with your stay with us during your business trip to Winnipeg. I have taken note of your comments about the temperature of the hot tub and will address it to our chief engineer right away. I am happy to see that you had enjoyed our new 24 hour fitness center along with some of our other facilities during the course of your stay with us. Once again we thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you back soon.

Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

$9/night for OUTDOOR parking in Winnipeg is robbery. Hotel elevator was dirty, one of them had duct tape around the floor. Printer in Business Center did not work when using the PC. It did work from the iMac. I could not recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. First I would like to apologize if the parking fee was not informed to you at time of check-in. We inform all of our guests that there is a nightly fee for parking because we in turn use these fees to maintain our overnight security officer that monitors our parking lots. I will also be passing on your comments about the state of the elevator to our executive housekeeper. I know during the course of your stay we did have some renovations taking place and part of this was use of the elevators by our renovation team. I can assure you that this is not the normal state of our elevators and know you will be most surprised the next time you choose to stay with us. We will also be looking into the connectivity problems with the business centre PC and its inability to print. I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the vast renovations that have taken place within our property. Please feel free to contact us directly the next time you choose to stay with us.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a bad experience when I reserved the room. The call Centre representative was extremely and not friendly at all. The hotel is nice, but in renovations. I had a letter in my room explaining that there might be workers coming thru unless I put the do not disturb sign. The room was spacious, had a mini fridge and a microwave. Parking was included. This is my second time in Winnipeg and I have to admit that the staff were ok but I had nicer people at the previous hotel. It has a fitness Centre and a pool, that I could see from my room. I think this would be the best room for a family has the window is directly on the pool. I like the proximity to the airport, about a 15 minute walk.

Room Tip: I did not use the spa
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We will certainly be looking into the representative that you had booked with when choosing our hotel. I can assure you that all of our representatives are trained in providing the very best customer service to all of our guests. This conversation with the agent will be investigated and we thank you for feedback. We are glad to hear that your actual stay at the hotel was most enjoyable. Please think of us the next time you choose to stay in Winnipeg and we will make sure you enjoy one of our newly renovated guest rooms.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was good. When we took our kids swimming in the pool the scum line around the pool (where the water touches the edges) was so disgusting my kids were scrapping letters in the grim with their nails! The white stairs were edged in black grim. I immediately informed the front desk bit nothing was done by the following day. I once again informed the front desk and even by the third day, nothing was done. It is not hard to scrub the scum line of a pool and always needs to be done! Disgusting! Also, my son dropped his custom made expensive swim ear plugs down the crack in the bench in the sauna. Only requiring someone to pry up one board on the seat to retrieve the swim plugs but the front desk advised us it was not possible. It was disappointing that I'm sure they dis not even consider trying, much like they did not care about the grim around the pool!!!

• Stayed March 2013
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We hope you accept our sincerest apologies about the state of the pool during the course of your stay with us. I will be informing our General Manager and our Chief Engineer about the state of the pool as you discovered it and will certainly make sure it is properly cleaned. I will also be asking our maintenance team if there is any way of recovering your son’s custom ear plug because of its inaccessible location in the sauna. Once again we apologize for the state of the pool and would certainly like to see you back in the future. If there is anything we could do to make your next stay extra special please do not hesitate to ask.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites? Share your experiences!