“3rd time is the charm” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Canad Inns Polo Park

You added Canad Inns Polo Park to your Saves list
Canad Inns Polo Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1405 St. Matthews Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0K5, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Ranked #47 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
“3rd time is the charm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

After a few bad experiences I did end up back here. Mostly because I needed 2 night stay and they had offered me one free night due to my issues previously.
I stayed in one of their Jacuzzi suites and was pleasantly surprised.
I will stay again in the future as it has a great location

• Stayed May 2014
Susie H, Front Office Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Hi Kim,
I'm so happy to hear that you did enjoy your last stay with us , We really appreciate you giving us the opportunity to have you back and showing you what a stay with Canad Inns Polo Park is really like. Thank you! We hope to see you again really soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I was giving a presentation at the hotel the next day.

My room itself was a suite and nice so that was good. Also the proximity to the airport is amazing. I think you can get there in 5-10 minutes. That was very convenient for me and much appreciated.

The flip side of being close to the airport is that the location is in an industrial zone, which isn't very nice. The hotel bar (which has slot machines) was incredibly sketchy and run-down. A real 'character' bar!

I didn't check out any of the hotel facilities so perhaps this hotel is deserving of a higher rating for those groups. But for business travellers, unless you have business at the hotel itself, I wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello,
Thank you so much for your review! I am so sorry to hear that we fell short during your last stay with us. We pride ourselves in being a multi faceted hotel, we offer many amenities all under one roof. I hope you could give us another opportunity. Please contact me directly at the hotel. I look forward to chatting with you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times very good food comfortable rooms good price nice clean pool and hot tub the staff are top notch close to shoppng good restaurants like Hooters, Chinese Perkins Red Lobster etc

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Charlie,
Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate your positive feedback! We look forward to seeing you again really soon!
Dauphin, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Whenever I am in Winnipeg, this is the hotel I stay at!! The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice and clean, the pool area is fun (my sister even conquered her fear of enclosed waterslides at this hotel!!), and the restaurant is great!! I will definately be back!! Thanks & Great Job!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
HI Sandy,
I wanted to thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to your return!
See you again soon!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was my first time in Winnipeg. My friend was getting married at this hotel and they had rates to accommodate out of town guests. Its very close to the airport in an industrial/shopping area. Its easy to get around from here when visiting other parts of Winnipeg. There is a hotel shuttle. You will need a rental car to get around unless you plan on using a Taxi which is a great option as well. I did not try it, but there is a HUGE water slide, pool and hot tub. The staff at the hotel are WONDERFUL. Every person at this hotel was friendly and helpful. There was a mix up with our room and Bruno at the desk was very professional and helpful when fixing it. The bed and pillows were comfortable. Housekeeping staff is very helpful and friendly. If you do not have kids, dont stay on the 2nd floor. This is another entrance for the pool. The food at the hotel was delicious. Our server at the morning breakfast area was very friendly and attentive. The buffet on Sunday is nice as well. Great staff great foood, interesting location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mandy F, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. I will make sure I pass on to all of the staff here your gratitude and compliments. I am pleased to hear your stay was pleasurable and comfortable.

Thank you again! and have a great day!

Mandy.F
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My spouse and I planned a night away from the kids and to celebrate my Birthday. We booked one of the theme suites at canad inns polo park; we really looked forward to a relaxing evening with the two person tub. The room was Asian themed and was a little dated, the room was clean but the bathroom had hair around the floor of the toilet. We were not able to turn on the tube television because the power button had been pushed all the way in the tv and was not operational. We tried ordering a late night snack just before midnight, but was disappointed that the kitchen was closed despite the menu stating the kitchen was open until 1am (picture included). We called the front desk asking for some limes so we could enjoy some drinks, very quickly two mico sized wedges was brought to our room, enough for one drink, we asked the person for more but they did not return...we couldn't help but laugh. The towels and courtesy robes were dated and both robes had holes (picture included). Our room was next to an elevator and the room is not sound proofed at all, so if you are sensitive to sound I would not suggest booking this room as you will have zero sleep all night. It is not just a little noise, it is loud and very disturbing. We did call the front desk to express how our stay was going, and also distress that the menu was wrong with the times of the kitchen. Nothing was addressed we were told that someone would speak to us in the morning, evening staff seem to know nothing or don't have any training but we did find them rather rude. We tried again during check out, we asked to speak to a manager or a supervisor and again nothing came out of it, we were told "sorry" and that was that. I wish I could say that the issue was resolved the way a experienced manager would have resolved it, maybe offer a discount on our room or a meal at altos but no, we left feeling angry and we will not return and not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feed back regarding your last stay with us, and also apologize for your visit not reaching your expectations and how your experience with us went. We have recently had our adult theme rooms renovated into Jacuzzi suites and updated for our guests pleasure. I would like to discuss this matter further with you so we can rectify this problem and hopefully have you return as a guest of ours. I can be reached at mandy@canadinns.com or on my direct line at 204-789-6304.

Thank You Once again, and have a great day!

Mandy.F
Beausejour, Mb.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at the Inn for 2 nights for a reunion. Service was good. Rooms were clean.
Could not control the temperature in the room. Set at 58 and it was 75 degrees the whole time.
Called maintenance, but to our knowledge, did not show up. The conference room was set up beautifully, but the main dinner for the group was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Hopefully one with a heating and cooling system that works!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park. I would like to extend my apologies for your visit not meeting your expectations. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your experience with us at your convenience. I may be reached directly at jelgert@canadinns.com or office direct at 204-789-8871

Jay Elgert

Been to Canad Inns Polo Park? Share your experiences!