“Will not go back!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Canad Inns Polo Park

Save Saved
You added Canad Inns Polo Park to your Saves list
Canad Inns Polo Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1405 St. Matthews Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0K5, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Ranked #43 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
Ottawa, Canada
“Will not go back!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

If your looking for a good night's sleep do not stay at this hotel. It should not matter that the hotel caters to families, wedding receptions, or sports groups. Management should enforce the 'no-noise' policy that is clearly posted by the elevators i.e. Between 11:00 p.m. and 07:00 a.m., there shall be no noise.
With doors slamming and guests speaking loudly, running up and down halls etc., until 5:00 a.m. it was impossible to have a restful sleep. Management should be monitoring the halls to ensure that their policy is being taken seriously, otherwise, do not bother with the signage!
I also do not understand hotel guests who are so unaware and inconsiderate of their surroundings that they would be yelling at the top of their lungs and slamming doors in the early hours of the morning. Another indication that people have no manners!
Rooms were average, they did not have a look of 100% cleanliness and the bedsheets were creased (not ironed?), so that I had to question whether they had been changed or not! Will not return to this hotel regardless of its proximity to the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hello Marg25,

My name is Jay Elgert, I am the Assistant General Manager here at the hotel and wanted to first off thank you for your comments. Feed Back is a gift to me and without it I would never know where improvements are needed.

I have had the opportunity to review your experience with our Management team here at the hotel and with our Assistant Duty Managers who are our over night watch team of the hotel. We have made some changes to how we monitor the facility and have some new training programs put into place. I know this is after the fact and does not help make up for your experience. But I wanted to assure you that we take every comment seriously and we action out a plan to correct all cases.

On behalf of everyone here at the hotel we would like to apologize for your experience and should you choose to give us a second chance we assure you, that you will not be disappointed. That your visit will be relaxing one from beginning to the end. I can be reached at jelgert@canadinns.com.

Once again Marg25 thank you for your time and I hope to be seeing you soon.

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oxbow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel for sure is a family hotel. If you are looking for quiet time, do not stay here, rooms were noisy but being that we were on a family venture you have to take that in account it is a hotel with a lot of kids in it.
My kids enjoyed the pool area but it was dirty with everyone walking around in their outdoor shoes in it. This is the first place I stayed where guests were allowed to do that...found it gross.
The rooms could use a huge update. And a note to those who are calling house keeping for more towels, be specific, our room had one bath towels for four people...called house keeping, brought one towel 3 times for us.
Basically found the hotel pricey. Have stayed at other hotels comparing in price, some even cheaper and had a better stay and same pool ammenities.
I know my family and I will not be staying here on future Winnipeg ventures.

Room Tip: Take sandals for pool area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hello Darlene,

My name is Jay Elgert I am the Assistant General Manager here at the hotel and wanted to first off thank you for taking the time to send us your comments from your most recent visit with us. Feed back is a gift to me and without it I would never knwo where improvements are needed.

I wanted to send you an apology from all of us here at the hotel. We strive to give each and every guest that comes through our doors the best possible experience we can and on this occassion we did not deliver.

I also had the opportunity to review thsi with our management team and make some necessary changes for moving forward. We all agreed the shoe perspective in the pool area that you encountered is one we could review and look at possibly enforcing in the hotel area. it would definately help the cleanliness. For that I want to personally thank you. We are a team that learns and grows from our opportunities and I promise you the items you mentioned in your review will not take place again in this hotel. I am hoping to see you again soon, an opportunity to sit with you and see how your return visit has gone.

Once again our deepest apologies for your expeirence and I hope to see you soon.

Saskatoon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Being in the vicinity of former major sports facilities, this hotel gives a sense of being in the middle of nowhere. It is close enough to the airport, however to offer a free shuttle service. Several chain restaurants are within walking distance and a fairly large shopping mall (featuring the usual generica) is close by. The hotel has free wireless, a pool, a basic restaurant and a conference centre. The conference centre rooms are spacious, airy and pleasant to be in.

The hotel rooms are clean, relatively large, have comfortable beds, and offer the usual amenities, including a microwave oven. The bathrooms are fine, but at least some have a European style shower that's a pain to use. The tub doesn't have any grap bars that some senior may desire.

This hotel would be a good choice for a family with young children (and a car)that didn't want to blow a bundle on accommodation or for those having business in the area who can fly in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello,

My name is Jay Elgert and I am the Assitant General Manager here at the hotel and wanted to thank you for posting your review. Feed back is a gift to me and without it I would never know where improvements are needed or where to celebrate.

Your review is accurate on our location and we are walking distance to so many different attractions and more shopping and dinning to come soon. We are located in the heart of the shopping district and minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from downtown. We provide free shuttle service to these outlets and a few other major attractions in Winnipeg. We are fortunate to have numerous new outlets opening up just across the street from us, like Marshalls and Target Super Centre. Our own property it self will be introducing a new dinning outlet for our guests. This outlet will be open mid to end of May. We are also looking to make some upgrades in the property in 2013.

We also have an amazing Executive floor for your next visit which I would bo honored to show case to you.

Once again thank you so much for your time and your feed back, we hope to see you soon.

London, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very nice place, stayed for 21 days while working there. The only issue was that our floor was BAD with football player noise at 4am - sleeps ALWAYS interrupted. BUT The place was like home, staff took time to learn our names and what we like.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello 98Dan,

My name is Jay Elgert, I am the Assistant General Manager of the hotel and wanted to first off thank you for taking the time to send us in your review. Feed back is a gift to me and with out it I would never know where imporvements are needed or where to celebrate with the staff.

We try and cater to every guest and we strive to give the best possible service we can at every encounter and the best possible guest experience we can provide. At times we run into a few road blocks like the noise froms oem of teh sporting groups you encountered. How ever was pleased to hear that overall you had a great getaway.

Next time you are in town contact me directly and I would be honored to host you on my Executive floor. Your stay and sleep will be very relaxing from beginning to end.

Once again 98Dan thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Ashern, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stay here on a regular basis. Whether we are travelling for business or pleasure, we always enjoy the great service and pleasant surroundings of the Canad Inn Polo Park. The Front line staff go above and beyond to accomodate us! We have attended conferences and other functions here. Their facilities are top notch!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hello DreamcatcherTravel,

My Name is Jay Elgert I am the Assistant General Manager here at the hotel and wanted to first off thank you for taking the time to send us in your comments on your most recent visit with us.

I was delighted to see that your expereince went well once again and that you are a frequent guest to the facility. It is great to hear the feed back from our guests as it allows us the opportunity to improve or to celebrate.

Once again thank you for your time and we look forward to your future arrival. Have a safe and happy holiday season from all of us here at Canad Inns Polo Park.

Russell, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I attended our Annual Meeting of Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters over the last 3 days. We had had use of 2 large rooms, hotel staff was very accomodating. Food at our Banquet Monday evening was superb along with and the over nite stay was great.

Room Tip: I would recommend Canad inns for a meeting place and over nite stay. Beds comfortable, showers were...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dryden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have been travelling to Winnipeg for years and always stay at Canadinn Polopark, have had opportunity to meet Jay Elgert a few times and he has always gone out of his way to make my/our stay perfect. The location is so convenient and coupled with the great service there is no other place that my wife and I would choose to stay. Thanks for everything Jay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Canad Inns Polo Park? Share your experiences!