“A good family hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Canad Inns Polo Park

Save Saved
You added Canad Inns Polo Park to your Saves list
Canad Inns Polo Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1405 St. Matthews Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0K5, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Ranked #44 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Saskatoon
“A good family hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Being in the vicinity of former major sports facilities, this hotel gives a sense of being in the middle of nowhere. It is close enough to the airport, however to offer a free shuttle service. Several chain restaurants are within walking distance and a fairly large shopping mall (featuring the usual generica) is close by. The hotel has free wireless, a pool, a basic restaurant and a conference centre. The conference centre rooms are spacious, airy and pleasant to be in.

The hotel rooms are clean, relatively large, have comfortable beds, and offer the usual amenities, including a microwave oven. The bathrooms are fine, but at least some have a European style shower that's a pain to use. The tub doesn't have any grap bars that some senior may desire.

This hotel would be a good choice for a family with young children (and a car)that didn't want to blow a bundle on accommodation or for those having business in the area who can fly in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello,

My name is Jay Elgert and I am the Assitant General Manager here at the hotel and wanted to thank you for posting your review. Feed back is a gift to me and without it I would never know where improvements are needed or where to celebrate.

Your review is accurate on our location and we are walking distance to so many different attractions and more shopping and dinning to come soon. We are located in the heart of the shopping district and minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from downtown. We provide free shuttle service to these outlets and a few other major attractions in Winnipeg. We are fortunate to have numerous new outlets opening up just across the street from us, like Marshalls and Target Super Centre. Our own property it self will be introducing a new dinning outlet for our guests. This outlet will be open mid to end of May. We are also looking to make some upgrades in the property in 2013.

We also have an amazing Executive floor for your next visit which I would bo honored to show case to you.

Once again thank you so much for your time and your feed back, we hope to see you soon.

Jay Elgert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very nice place, stayed for 21 days while working there. The only issue was that our floor was BAD with football player noise at 4am - sleeps ALWAYS interrupted. BUT The place was like home, staff took time to learn our names and what we like.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello 98Dan,

My name is Jay Elgert, I am the Assistant General Manager of the hotel and wanted to first off thank you for taking the time to send us in your review. Feed back is a gift to me and with out it I would never know where imporvements are needed or where to celebrate with the staff.

We try and cater to every guest and we strive to give the best possible service we can at every encounter and the best possible guest experience we can provide. At times we run into a few road blocks like the noise froms oem of teh sporting groups you encountered. How ever was pleased to hear that overall you had a great getaway.

Next time you are in town contact me directly and I would be honored to host you on my Executive floor. Your stay and sleep will be very relaxing from beginning to end.

Once again 98Dan thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Ashern, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stay here on a regular basis. Whether we are travelling for business or pleasure, we always enjoy the great service and pleasant surroundings of the Canad Inn Polo Park. The Front line staff go above and beyond to accomodate us! We have attended conferences and other functions here. Their facilities are top notch!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hello DreamcatcherTravel,

My Name is Jay Elgert I am the Assistant General Manager here at the hotel and wanted to first off thank you for taking the time to send us in your comments on your most recent visit with us.

I was delighted to see that your expereince went well once again and that you are a frequent guest to the facility. It is great to hear the feed back from our guests as it allows us the opportunity to improve or to celebrate.

Once again thank you for your time and we look forward to your future arrival. Have a safe and happy holiday season from all of us here at Canad Inns Polo Park.

Russell, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I attended our Annual Meeting of Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters over the last 3 days. We had had use of 2 large rooms, hotel staff was very accomodating. Food at our Banquet Monday evening was superb along with and the over nite stay was great.

Room Tip: I would recommend Canad inns for a meeting place and over nite stay. Beds comfortable, showers were...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dryden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have been travelling to Winnipeg for years and always stay at Canadinn Polopark, have had opportunity to meet Jay Elgert a few times and he has always gone out of his way to make my/our stay perfect. The location is so convenient and coupled with the great service there is no other place that my wife and I would choose to stay. Thanks for everything Jay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located with ample parking. The staff are so very friendly and helpful. It truly feels like a home away from home! I stay here weekly for business and have never been disappointed with the quality of my stay. The staff is very accommodating and eager to assist. The rooms are very clean. This is an excellent place for children and family functions as there is a great pool area and meeting areas. My family and I recommend this place to anyone visiting the city for either work or pleasure.

• Stayed December 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have been to Canad Inns several times for several different reasons. Each time I stayed there I had a great experience. The rooms were clean and well stocked, the pool was tons of fun and safe for my kids and the food and servers were awesome. Overall I am very happy with Canad and will continue to stay there anytime I need a hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Canad Inns Polo Park? Share your experiences!