This hotel from a room perspective is average. Actually, its an older hotel and at times it shows its age. And to be honest, the beds are not as comfortable as other Holiday Inns - especially those that have been recently renovated..
The restaurant is what kept me coming back for a total of 6 weeks!!! This chef (and I did have opportunity to meet him personally) has done a FANTASTIC job of cooking "homestyle". All the meals taste as though they were cooked at home. When you travel as much as I do, there is only so much KEG, TONY ROMAs, BATON ROUGE, etc that you can take without getting sick of eating out. This hotel had a variety of selctions and a cooking style that made everything taste unique. Whether it was the RIBs, Salmon, Talpia, Meatloaf, Alberta Beef or Pasta - it was awesome.
If you travel alot and want a great meal on the road - or heck, it you live in the area of this hotel, head on over for dinner out.. you will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada looking for a friendly hotel and a superbly convenient location choose the Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel. Situated on Pembina Hwy at McGillivray Blvd with easy access to downtown Winnipeg, our hotel is close to all area attractions and businesses. Leisure guests love our pet friendly hotel's location in South Winnipeg because we're close to the Forks National Historic Site, the Royal Canadian Mint, Fort Whyte Alive, the Assiniboine Park & Zoo and shopping at the St. Vital Centre or the Kenaston and McGillivray Box Stores. Sports fans enjoy the nearby soccer complex and the Pan Am Pool.Business guests appreciate our Winnipeg lodging since we are close to the University of Manitoba and Fort Garry Industrial Park. We're pleased to offer over 7,500 sq. ft. of meeting space and a unique A/V Conference Theatre that seats 65 people. Naturally, there is free high-speed, Wi-Fi Internet access and a business centre. We also offer a free shuttle service to the Winnipeg Airport with advance reservations. Our guests enjoy staying in one of the most spacious and comfortable hotels in Winnipeg. Amenities include an excellent full-service restaurant, indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness centre. Families appreciate the kiddie pool and our Children's Activity Centre. On your next visit to Winnipeg choose our Holiday Inn Winnipeg South hotel for a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Winnipeg South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Manitoba