The room itself was clean and the bedding was nice and mattress comfortable. The customer service and the restaurant food need lots of work!
My daughter and I traveled here from Minnesota for a swim meet. We stayed with a group of other swimmers all traveling from MN.
Our first experience for the restaurant was pizza, which my daughter really liked. Breakfast the next day was O.K., prices O.K. Then we ordered room service one night and rented a movie. She wanted to have a relaxing night to prepare for more swimming early the next morning. We went down to use the microwave in the lobby (none in the rooms) and it stopped working in the middle of popping our corn. Told front desk. They just kind of laughed and sent the 'handyman' over to take a look. No apology and no offer to help pop corn in the restaurant micro which I am sure they had. When we went to order room service we could not get our room phone to work. we walked down to restaurant to place order. Again, no apology. Order was taken and said would be delivered in about 20 min. We were charged full room service rates. Food did arrive. Chicken wings were very COLD and burned to an inedible crisp. Chicken fingers were cool and had a weird taste. The only thing edible was the french fries. At this time we had already rented the movie, and as stated above, the phone wasn't working. We were unable to pause our $12 movie. So, we were stuck. Either miss the movie to get a new dinner. Or, not eat for a few hours.
Shower water went from hot to cold multiple times while showering.
On last day some swimmers had a late checkout and headed back to MN. Those of us who stayed the last night did not get room service. We came back from the morning swim session around 2pm and room had not been cleaned. I talked with the front desk regarding this and the previous nights room service. Again, no apology. Asked if we had our 'privacy tag' on door, told they would let manager know about night before and that someone would contact us. I asked to please not have someone come up to fix phone for the next hour because my daughter needed to nap before evening session. Someone both came to door and called on phone (which seemed to now work) and woke her up.
I never was contacted. Total bill just left under door. I went down to front desk before leaving and asked to speak directly with a manager. Manager was very friendly and apologetic. I was very pleasantly surprised when she offered to give us our last night free - I told her I was only looking to get the inedible food taken off bill. She said she would remove the whole last night stay because of the multiple issues.
Pretty good redemption for a not very pleasant experience. Thank You. If we come back we may try it again because of this and the hotels convenient location to the pool. However, it is up to the team. They decide and the other teams seemed to have better luck at other hotels. I was not the only team member with complaints during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada looking for a friendly hotel and a superbly convenient location choose the Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel. Situated on Pembina Hwy at McGillivray Blvd with easy access to downtown Winnipeg, our hotel is close to all area attractions and businesses. Leisure guests love our pet friendly hotel's location in South Winnipeg because we're close to the Forks National Historic Site, the Royal Canadian Mint, Fort Whyte Alive, the Assiniboine Park & Zoo and shopping at the St. Vital Centre or the Kenaston and McGillivray Box Stores. Sports fans enjoy the nearby soccer complex and the Pan Am Pool.Business guests appreciate our Winnipeg lodging since we are close to the University of Manitoba and Fort Garry Industrial Park. We're pleased to offer over 7,500 sq. ft. of meeting space and a unique A/V Conference Theatre that seats 65 people. Naturally, there is free high-speed, Wi-Fi Internet access and a business centre. We also offer a free shuttle service to the Winnipeg Airport with advance reservations. Our guests enjoy staying in one of the most spacious and comfortable hotels in Winnipeg. Amenities include an excellent full-service restaurant, indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness centre. Families appreciate the kiddie pool and our Children's Activity Centre. On your next visit to Winnipeg choose our Holiday Inn Winnipeg South hotel for a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Winnipeg South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Manitoba