First time staying here with my family. I used my points for a free night, but I know the average room price is below the average winnipeg price which is some incentive to stay here. As soon as we got to our room, I noticed the toilet had A LOT of dried urine down the outside front of the toilet. I called the front desk and they were kind and apologetic. They sent housekeeping to clean it and the lady offered no apology, nor friendliness and she did a very rough cleaning, but got it done. I wanted to have some coffee but as I was about to pour water in the coffee maker I noticed it was full of dust and different bits and pieces of stuff that shouldn't be in a coffee maker. The cups were not wrapped, so are they sterile or not? By this point I wasn't confident that anything was clean so that kind of ruined the stay here. When I'm in a hotel cleanliness is most important, not perfection but hey at least clean up the urine and dust out the coffee maker. The restaurant dinner menu was fine, pricier than I expected. Breakfast buffet was great. Service in the restaurant is amazing! Pool area, not too bad, good temperature. Happy they had at least a little area for kids to play.
Besides the toilet thing I didn't bother to contact hotel staff. I wrote a review in their in-room review card and handed it in to the front desk. I was asked how my stay was when I checked out and I told the lady everything. She asked if I had time to stay around so that she could give my family breakfast (at noon). I said we already ate there. She said 'oh'. And that's it! No other thought came to her mind. So I've written 3 ways to Holiday Inn about my stay, to review it, or to complete a survey and no one has cared to call or write a response. You get what you pay for, and this is one of the cheapest hotels in Winnipeg.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel Winnipeg
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Manitoba
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada looking for a friendly hotel and a superbly convenient location choose the Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel. Situated on Pembina Hwy at McGillivray Blvd with easy access to downtown Winnipeg, our hotel is close to all area attractions and businesses. Leisure guests love our pet friendly hotel's location in South Winnipeg because we're close to the Forks National Historic Site, the Royal Canadian Mint, Fort Whyte Alive, the Assiniboine Park & Zoo and shopping at the St. Vital Centre or the Kenaston and McGillivray Box Stores. Sports fans enjoy the nearby soccer complex and the Pan Am Pool.Business guests appreciate our Winnipeg lodging since we are close to the University of Manitoba and Fort Garry Industrial Park. We're pleased to offer over 7,500 sq. ft. of meeting space and a unique A/V Conference Theatre that seats 65 people. Naturally, there is free high-speed, Wi-Fi Internet access and a business centre. We also offer a free shuttle service to the Winnipeg Airport with advance reservations. Our guests enjoy staying in one of the most spacious and comfortable hotels in Winnipeg. Amenities include an excellent full-service restaurant, indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness centre. Families appreciate the kiddie pool and our Children's Activity Centre. On your next visit to Winnipeg choose our Holiday Inn Winnipeg South hotel for a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Winnipeg South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.