“Very nice choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Winnipeg

Save Saved
You added Delta Winnipeg to your Saves list
Delta Winnipeg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 St Mary Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 3J2, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free parking
Ranked #39 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Canmore, Canada
“Very nice choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Excellent service at reception and check out - the management should be proud of such stellar staff. Housekeeping staff that pay attention to details made the stay very pleasant. Lovely ambience and central location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Crystal S, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Proud INDEED!

We have a great team at Delta Winnipeg and it's due to our great company and our leadership. Our greatest compliments are from our guests, so thank you for sharing.

We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.

Safe Travels
Delta Winnipeg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We just had an annual conference and the hotel was great! You can get Starbucks coffee and lattes and charge them to your room! The only compliant I have is the elevators - extremely slow, I believe one of them was out of service. The staff were wonderful and very helpful, also keep in mind there is no business center which was a bit of an annoyance. The gym is always very well equipped with an indoor pool and there is also a rooftop pool. All in all a very nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks for your patience during your stay regarding our elevators. We experienced unexpected issues with one of our elevators, and being the largest hotel in the city and having a hull house, it cause a bit of a delay in the lobby and for this we apologize for the inconvenience it caused.

Additionally, we do have a business centre available for printing of documents or any other business supplies you may need. We also have a public computer for use in the Urban Bean. Be sure to stop on by on your next visit.

We hope you will return to Winnipeg again soon as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My second time staying in Delta Winnipeg. I picked Delta for its location which is very close to the downtown business area. Of course indoor access everywhere without the need to step outside in Winter time.

My last visit was about the same time last year, they were undergoing renovation pretty much everywhere, so can't really expect much at that time. With no epxectation to begin with, I was surprised stepping into their lobby for this visit. A new model look Delta hotel! The receiption was nice and efficient. They put me on the newly renovated floor. My room was really nice! Note, I like their bathrooms are all equipped with heated floor in Winnipeg.

Always like the Elephant and Castle downstairs for a quick bit after later arrival.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

We can guarantee that you haven't stayed with us like this before, and I'm glad this was the case for your first visit after our lobby and guestroom renovations.

There is quite an impact walking through our lobby doors, especially if you haven't stayed in a while. The change is stunningly transformational in every essence of the word.

It gives us great pride to know we had this impact on you and we look forward to exceeding your expectations each and every visit to follow.

Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed here for a business conference this week. Staff was excellent. Vending machine on my floor not working and they brought drinks to my door and dealt with the machine immediately. Beds comfortable with huge fluffy pillows. Quiet during the night. Was construction going on outside during the day so having the patio open was noisy. St. Mary's church across the street was beautiful to look at. Only two elevators working due to construction so that was annoying at times but such is life! Coffee shop in foyer made excellent London fogs. Hallway smelled funny... Think it was some sort of deodorizer they use in hotels cause I have smelled it at other hotels too. Bathroom large and clean. Beware of renting movies.. U have to watch it when u buy it. Can't pause or fast forward or come back to it later. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Crystal S, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Winnipeg, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Vending machine roulette is never fun, but we thank you for bringing the issue to our attention and I'm happy to hear we were able to fix in a jiffy and provide your drinks as well.

The Urban Bean is a great place to relax in our newly renovated lobby. Our team members are great at preparing any specialty or custom beverage.

The movie system we have at the moment is slightly limiting, however by fall this system will be replaced with the completion of our guestroom renovations and full capabilities will be restored. Thanks for your patience with this -- hope the movie was a good one!

We are happy to know you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to impressing you even more on your return visit to Winnipeg.

Harlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I am staying at various hotels in my journey across Canada and if they all were to take a look at DELTA hotels ethos they will be well served. I've just checked out of the Delta in Winnipeg and cannot praise it highly enough , the building layout is well thought out and the spa is very very good. Above all it's the staff they are quite simply superb, nothing is to much trouble and they defiantly go that extra mile . When I return to Canada as I will , it will be Delta hotels for me
John Smith

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mr and Mrs Smith,

It's a delight to read your comments and thank you for sharing.

We are your home away from home and we work to exceed your expectations each and every time you stay with us. It is our pleasure to assist you in any way we can to ensure you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Winnipeg. Enjoy the rest of your Canadian Journey!

Eastern Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

While I am writing an article on the advantages of upgrading your room, I have to admit, as I travel across Canada, that I am left with mixed results. With this hotel, being not at the top end of the scale, at least for an upgraded room.

The hotels public areas seem very nice, in that classic older style. The staff at check in and on the front desk always had a smile to greet you and staff that I met during my stay, Kelly, who was very polite in delivering me a cheese tray, Victor, an attentive server that made sure everything was at its best. All in all it seems the staff are well trained and know their jobs well. This is usually the result of management that looks after the staff well and show clear leadership. But there are issues.

I know it is the middle of June and perhaps it is because we seem to be in a bit of a cool spell here, but I am surprised that the outdoor pool is not yet open yet. The water is in the pool, it looks nice and clear, but it is locked up and there are no lounge chairs to be seen. I would think that by now, they would at least give the guests the choice of sitting out to get the warmth of the sun even if the water is colder.

As with any Delta hotel room, be sure to ask for the newer renovated rooms. I think you will find this standard now other then say the Delta in Moncton, NB where I saw nothing upgraded, even in my upgraded suite room. In the upgraded rooms (not Signature rooms, but all upgraded rooms at Delta) they boast internet speeds up to 20X faster than at home. As more and more of us go to fiber, that is a pretty tall claim to make, however, I did test the speeds and the results were an impressive 75 Mbps and for some reason, a faster 94 Mbps on the upload side. Understanding this was with the computer cabled into the smart desk. On wireless the speeds dropped dramatically to 13 Mbps in both directions. Their routers seem to be in need up an upgrade, as my wireless usually is between 60 and 80 Mbps.

Again, I was in a room on the Signature level and I know there is not two much they can do about the room sizes, but they are on the very end of the acceptable end of the scale as they are borderline cramped. The bathroom sports a walk-in shower, but it does not offer a tub. Not a big deal, but for a signature room, one might expect to see something larger than this, again size restrictions. I am not really complaining about this, but with a few people, it would not be a great room for you. Please keep in mind that this is an older hotel with upgraded rooms.

The room does sport a 42” flat screen TV and the Smart desk all the cables you will need to stream any show to the TV. Very nice that this is available because with all of this wonderful High Tech, the TV feed is still on the old standard definition cable. Really surprised that I have found yet again another “upgraded” room where I have to watch TV of a lower quality than just about any of us have at home.

As well, I was very surprised to see no compact fridge in the room. This is just unacceptable for a modern hotel, not to offer amenities like this. On one pass of the elevators, there was someone there delivering a fridge and microwave combo. I asked him what the story was and he told me they have a limited number of these and they charge extra for this. Really Delta Winnipeg … really? I feel I can hear some management saying, well they are getting free internet, so let’s charge them for having a cold drink of water when they wake up at 4 AM. I know I am pushing the example here, but really.

All in all, we have a hotel here that is aging and they are trying their best to give it a modern twist. They are doing a pretty good job of it, exceptions noted, but they have many restrictions that make this harder. Service with all staff was great. Can the Signature room “experience” be improved? Oh yes. It really is not worth the upgrade in this location. For example, they offer a continental breakfast and while they have different breads, there is only one two slice toaster to service two floors worth of rooms. Not only that, I noticed it was very hard to use and most of the guests had to get instructions on how to get it to work. They have a coffee system that always had the message de-scaling required and gave you a half cup of coffee. Enough said here. Stick to the standard upgraded rooms.

I have said this in other posts that I like the Delta chain, however it seems they are in a transformation process Canada wide and you can just not be sure what you will get without reviews like this from location to location. For Winnipeg, until you see many positive reviews, I think you could do better elsewhere. However, to counter this, they do have a great location if you are coming to Winnipeg to attend something nearby.

I hope that this was helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Crystal S, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Winnipeg, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Feedback is a privilege, and this is definitely a privilege to receive such candid and constructive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I have shared your thoughtful review with all members of our management team.

As many may already know, we are in the final stages of a full-hotel renovation. We started with the exterior of the building and are now in the last phase of our interior renovations which is converting the last half of our guestrooms to Delta's new ModeRoom guestroom product, including ModeDeluxe and ModeSuites. In addition to this, we will be renovating our 3rd and 4th floor health club, the Blaze Bistro & Lounge, meeting rooms and public areas on the concourse level. Renovations are expected to be completed this fall.

Further to your comments, I wanted to take the time to respond to each.

Having checked out Sunday, you just missed the outdoor pool access. The outdoor pool was opened officially this past Monday. While the weather may not be cooperating, it is now open to our guests.
Internet XL is available for hotel guests and truly provides a higher level of internet speeds for both wired and wireless. Our Tech team regularly monitors the connection points to ensure a strong signal for wireless. I will have our team check for weak signals on the 11th floor to ensure the routers are performing at maximum output and to correct any issues straight away.
Our ModeClub rooms located on our exclusive key-card access only floor provide an upgraded experience from our standard ModeRoom. The most noteable is the access to the Club Floor Lounge, where guests can relax and unwind or get some work down. This staffed lounge offers complimentary evening h'ors d'oeuvres, honour bar, as well as deluxe continental breakfast -- all complimentary. Upgrades within the room include the added security of key-card access floor, an larger flat screen television, as well as the deluxe glass-enclosed spa-shower. Other amenities include upgraded linens and towels as well as personal bathroom amenities. Currently these rooms do not have fridges as a standard feature, however we do anticipate this will change in the near future. Further to this, we do have rooms on the Club Floor which have a tub if guests prefer. You comments regarding the Lounge appliances as well as other offerings have been forwarded for immediate consideration.

As of September 2014, Delta Winnipeg will have a full offering of Mode Rooms including the standard ModeRoom, ModeDeluxe, ModeClub and ModeSuites.

Our goal is to be the best four-star full-service hotel brand in Canada, and in Winnipeg this is no exception. We are aiming to be the leading choice full-service hotel in downtown Winnipeg. Our renovations to date provide a clear concept of where our brand is headed providing contemporary spaces, clean lines, and the most tech-enabled guestrooms in the industry.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and experience. We very much value your feedback and I hope you feel assured that the information received will be actioned by our management team.

Should you wish to discuss further, I invite you to contact me directly at 204-944-7212 or crystal.seman@delathotels.com.

Crystal Seman
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Just spent a week here and enjoyed an upgrade to the Mode rooms, (sp?) Well worth it. The decor is modern and functional with particular attention paid to the electronics and the flat screen TV. Great easy-to-organize work area. Open feel to the room with hooks replacing large closet cabinets and excellent lighting. Great job on the renos. Hotel staff continue to be unfailingly friendly, helpful and polite. Great location downtown. I will return to the Delta in Winnipeg and can safely recommend it to anyone for business or pleasure stays.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. The older units are showing their age and are scheduled to be upgraded so...