“Most comfortable bed I have ever slept in” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Winnipeg

Save Saved
You added Delta Winnipeg to your Saves list
Delta Winnipeg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 St Mary Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 3J2, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
Gibsons, Canada
“Most comfortable bed I have ever slept in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I recently stayed at another Delta hotel, and had a wonderful experience (see my other review), so when I first got to the Delta in Winnipeg, I was a bit disappointed - the lobby is gorgeous and the staff is super friendly, but the room wasn't quite what I expected (it felt old), and there was mold around my bathtub.

I went to the front desk, and Mitch was quick to give me another room, and explain that the hotel is due for renovations this year. I am generally not a complainer, so that was enough for me - my second room suited me just fine.

And then, I went to bed. You need to know that I stay in a lot of hotels across Canada, so I know a thing or two about hotel beds. Let me tell you that my bed in Winnipeg was the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. I was late for my second day of meetings because I couldn't bear to get out of bed. I even considered taking the sheets with me. My bed at home, which I loved until now, no longer compares. I am currently sitting in a different hotel in a different city, and the bed, while comfortable, is lacking the soft sheets and cloud-like feeling of my Delta Winnipeg bed. Delta, you have ruined me for all other hotels. You can be certain that I will be staying at your hotel again - and I'm sure that my experience will be even nicer once the renovations are done.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Crystal H, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Winnipeg, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Your review made us smile. To know that you love the beds so much is a great reward for us. We can't be all things to everyone, but we're sure glad that we've won you over in the comfort department. There was a recent 'special report' published in the Winnipeg Free Press called "Loyalty & Rewards" and it featured one of our guests who had fallen in love with our beds across the brand so much so, he had to buy his own to have at home.

Good news is - the style of bed will be back with our renovations.

We are thrilled to hear you had a great stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Waconia, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at the Delta for a business trip and was more than impressed with their service. There was a group of us using their conference space for a small trade show. The banquet captain and his entire staff were all very accommodating with our "special" requests. My hotel room was clean and the woman attending the room was polite and knowledgable. All front desk employees had a smile on their faces and seemed to genuinely enjoy working at the hotel. The on-site lounge was a great way to unwind at the end of our long day! I would suggest this property to anyone, traveling for business or pleasure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
When you love what you do, the smile shows through!

It's the truth at Delta Winnipeg -- we have some of the greatest team members in the industry, and when you pour your heart into your job it shows -- and we're glad you noticed. We have many long-term team members who have been with the hotel for over 35 years now!

We look forward to welcoming you back. We'll be sure to save a seat in the lounge for you.

Saskatoon, Sk.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here while attending a Jets game in March. The hotel itself is a little older, but they have done a great job of keeping the main areas current.The room was good, with a great bathroom, and the bed was comfy. The pool is nice and warm, and the hot tub worked well. Breakfast was good, and we dined one night at the Elephant & Castle, which is a great pub attached to the hotel. I would recommend this hotel if attending functions at the MTS Centre, as it is connected to the hotel via skywalk. The staff at this location were awesome, they really stood out. I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We take great pride in our hotel and we're pleased it shows through. Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently spent one night here and while I cannot comment too much on the rest of the hotel, it had one of the best beds I have slept in for a long time. Firm, but not hard, king size bed with lovely large and comfortable pillows. The bed was raised above the sitting area by a foot which made it quite attractive and a little different. The room was clean and had a fridge. The bathroom had a bath/shower and while I prefer the trend to replace baths with walk in showers it was OK, if a little small. The only down-side was that the room overlooked an outside roof which was littered with cigarette stubs which were probably left over from winter. While I understand it must be difficult to keep it clean. particularly during winter, it is unsightly when the snow melts and perhaps guests in upper floors should be asked not to throw their cigarettes out of their windows.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Crystal H, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Winnipeg, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Unsightly indeed -- we will be sure to address the roof-top litter straight away. Our hotel is 100% non-smoking, including guestroom balconies and public areas, and your comments raise awareness that we may need to communicate this more effectively. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our Junior Suite. Many business travellers enjoy this room for the added functional space and separation from the sleeping area of the room. We're also happy to hear you had a great sleep. We receive many comments on our Sanctuary beds for the comfortable and restful sleep they provide, along with our pillows. We received so many comments, that we now have new pillows available for purchase from the Urban Bean for our guests to take home.

Thank you again for sharing feedback on your great stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back, and we'll be sure to ear-mark a Junior Suite for you.

Safe travels,
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Delta on a number of occasions. It seems like each time the standards at the hotel have been lowered. My last visit will be my last visit. The room was tired-looking, dark and depressing. As noted in the other reviews, the staff is very welcoming, and make up for the condition of the room. The location is probably among the best of any hotel in Winnipeg.

Also, Delta needs to make improvements to its on-line reservation system. A couple of times, I was trying to make a reservation and this resulted in an endless loop...logged off the site in frustration.

Can do better at the Westin or Inn at the Forks for similar money...also great locations.

Room Tip: For a good room, reserve at the Westin or Inn at the Forks.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. Please know that Delta Winnipeg nor Delta Hotels has lowered their very high standards. Delta Winnipeg consistently maintains these high standards in all areas of the hotel. We are disappointed to learn that your experience provided you with this impression. If there is anything you would like to discuss further, please contact me directly at crystal.hay@deltahotels.com as I would like to ensure the same situation does not occur for you or any other guest in the future.

Regarding your comment of our online reservations site, I have forwarded your comments to our corporate office. We recently launched the new look and site at the end of 2012 and we have had to work through small bugs, but we appreciate you sharing these comments, as it will help to improve the functionality and usability of the site.

Lastly, please know that your business and loyalty are valued. Knowing you are a very experienced traveller, your comments are also valued greatly and I thank you for sharing them. I do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with a more positive experience and have you returning to Delta Winnipeg time, after time.

Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The staff at the Delta Winnipeg make the visit worthwhile. They are friendly, but not by a calculated formula that is irritating to me. Their friendliness appeared to be genuine and authentic.

The rooms at the Delta are dated, but are clean. The linens are fresh, the beds comfortable. The TV is old and tucked into a large cabinet that, in it's day was the "thing" to have in a hotel room, and now sticks out like a sore thumb.

The bathtub is tired, but the 80's granite counter has weathered well, and looks as new as the day it was installed. The bathroom was clean, and everything in working order.

My room had an in-room coffee maker - the usual small sort with a package of Nabob. I opted instead to head downstairs for Starbucks, found in the lobby.

Room service was prompt and decent, and serving sizes were appropriate.

In the lobby there is an Elephant and Castle pub which is popular with Winnipeg Jet, jersey wearing, hooting and hollering fans on game days. They are enthusiastic people. There is a quieter lounge in the lobby too, with large flat screen TV's for the subdued Jet fans wearing suits and ties.

Best part of the hotel is the inter-connectivity with the skywalk system. During my week long visit, I did not have to step outside. Normally this would be a negative for me, however, walking around the streets of Winnipeg after business hours was not recommended.

Room Tip: The elevator noise carries. If this sort of thing bothers you, ask for a room as far from the elevat...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Crystal H, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Winnipeg, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us.

We take great pride in our team as we believe we have some of the best in the industry, and the service you receive is genuine and authentic because we LOVE what we do. We're pleased to hear it shows.

You're right, our rooms are starting to show their age, but we also take great care in keeping the rooms and the rest of the clean and top condition.

Winnipeggers are passionate fans and we're happy you were able to experience the enthusiasm on game day. Winnipeg has an active and vibrant downtown, and we can understand that some guests may naturally feel uncomfortable in a downtown community at night, but our streets and walkways are safe. If ever you feel you need an added sense of security, please let us know, as we are always happy to provide you with a walking companion to and from your destination or if available, we do have a shuttle for downtown destinations -- just let us know where you need to go.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A late arrival at the hotel, I spent one night. A nice and professional welcome at the reception desk. It was pretty cold inside the room when I entered. The heating system was spreading more cool air than warm and at this time of the year in Winnipeg (early March) temperature are far to be warm.
The room was OK and clean, the bathroom was clean.

Room Tip: Room 516 is quiet but the heating system is noisy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments. We appreciate feedback as it helps us improve our service and product to better meet your needs.

Hopefully, we'll be able to welcome you back when the Winnipeg weather has warmed up a bit. It's a great city all year round, but we are one of the greenest and most vibrant cities in the Prairies in the summer months.

Delta Winnipeg

Been to Delta Winnipeg? Share your experiences!