“Pretty good.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Winnipeg South

You added Comfort Inn Winnipeg South to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Winnipeg South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3109 Pembina Highway, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 4R6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Twice = Gift Card
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Winnipeg
Vancouver
“Pretty good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This motel has recently been renovated. My room was very clean and updated. The bed was comfortable and there was a nice shower in the bathroom. The staff was great. I had a really good sleep here. Grandma Judy will make sure you get a good breakfast. Thanks Grandma Judy - you're a sweet heart!!! The girl who was working at the front desk in the morning was really cute too... I've got a crush on her now.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks into the court yard. There was no road noise in the courtyard rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Charlene K, Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for talking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We take great pride in our facility and in the customer service we offer and we feel even more proud when kind people, like yourself, take the time to comment in this way. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Winnipeg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Glenboro, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We really enjoy our stays here. Great surrounding pleasant staff. Comforting rooms. What makes us come back all the time. We also recommend staying at the Comfort Inn at the airport too. In our books your number one .

Room Tip: We like east west south when there is no construction....lol
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Charlene K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding the Hotel and Staff. Guest satisfaction is very important to us at the Comfort Inn. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Winnipeg.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We had to spend a night in a hotel because of a major water main break and I had an appointment the next morning so I needed a shower. We chose the Comfort Inn because it wasn't that far from home. We checked in that evening and had a room on the main floor. We were able to park in front of our room. There was a patio door which I opened from the inside and we were able to unload very easily. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The next morning we had a very good breakfast from a very friendly woman. There was a good selection of breakfast items along with bacon and an egg patty(like a McDonalds McMuffin). The coffee was excellent. The only thing I was not impressed with was the shampoo in the bathroom.It hardly made any suds and I used half a bottle. There was also no conditioner so my hair didn't feel clean and soft. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate the feedback. I will pass your comments on to our head office regarding the shampoo, as it is a national contract. We do not have conditioner in the rooms but we do have a small supply at the front desk should the guests forget to bring their own. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in need of accommodations.
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have been in the hospitality industry for 20 + years and I must say, Gerald at the front desk was amazing. He was very helpful and knew his job extremely well. After we checked in he even called our room to see if everything was OK. I only wish there were more friendly and efficient people like him to greet a tried traveler along the way. I will definitely choose this place to stay if ever back in Winnipeg and will also recommend it to others. Thanks Gerald! The room itself was very nice, comfortable and very clean. Loved the new renovations! Also breakfast was amazing with so much to choose from.

Room Tip: If all rooms was like ours, then all are great!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Charlene K, Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our newly renovated Comfort Inn Winnipeg South. We are
pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Gerald provided you with great service. Gerald is pleased to see that he was mentioned in your review. Guest satisfaction is very important to us at the Comfort Inn and we value all feedback from our guests.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again should you be in the Winnipeg area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The rooms were clean and updated. Breakfast was good. The service was the best part of the trip. I came in late at night and there was a line to check in. Charm was working the front desk and was friendly and patient. She was also working in the morning and was again very friendly and assisted me in finding something to do. I'd return to this location!

Room Tip: I stayed near an exit and the door banged all night. Request a room away from a door.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us at our newly renovated Comfort Inn Winnipeg South. I will ensure that Charm is aware of your review and receives recognition for a job well done. Guest satisfaction is very important to us at the Comfort Inn and we value all feedback from our guests.
Steinbach, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We only had the opportunity to stay one night, but let me tell you about it!! The front desk staff was extremely inviting and friendly!! The room was immaculately clean and well stocked with all ammenities offered. Bathrooms were massive and very clean...bed was beautifully displayed when we arrived, etc. They offer you free WIFI with your stay as well! We were offered free HOT continental breakfast, but were unable to attend. I would love to go on and on...but why don't you see for yourself!! The newly renovated hotel is amazing!! I will agree with others who've reviewed...they could do some work to the outside, but who knows maybe it's in the works.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlene K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at our newly renovated Comfort Inn Winnipeg South. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Guest satisfaction is very important to us at the Comfort Inn and we value all feedback from our guests. I am sorry to hear you were not able to try out our new Hot Breakfast. We serve the Hot Breakfast daily from 6:30 to 9:30am so maybe on your next stay you can join us. Or if you are traveling again soon you can try out one of our newly renovated Comfort Inn's in Brandon, Regina, Saskatoon, Prince Albert, Swift Current, Edmonton or Winnipeg Airport location.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Winnipeg so for work. It took a little while to check in, but I think they were training a new employee. Once I got to the room though I was surprised and happy. The room I had had a king bed a couch chair and all the other regular manatees it was huge. The bathroom was double the size of most hotels. Tons of room to stretch out and relax for the evening. The bed was also comfortable which is a must in my mind. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in the city.

• Stayed October 2013
Charlene K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor so that others can be assured of the level of service they will receive when they visit our hotel.

We have recently been fully renovated and added the King bedded rooms, I am happy to say we have had lots of great comments on our renovations.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Winnipeg.