“Never stay there again!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Motor Inn

Save Saved
You added Airport Motor Inn to your Saves list
Airport Motor Inn
1800 Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0B7, Canada (St. James Industrial)   |
Ranked #61 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“Never stay there again!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stay there for 2 nights, Only because it was cheap and had a pool. What a mistake that was. Parties non-stop, People fighting. Rude service. Gross food ! again! My kids wanted to go somewhere where they had a pool, so i thought why not try that place. I paid for 2 nights, The first night i heard people yelling saying '' HE HAS A GUN'' That's something you do not want to here when you have your kids with you and it happening in the middle of the night, in the next room over. So i wanted my money back for the second night, and said no refunds!!! So we moved to the second floor and it was just as bad!! The pool had some blue crap in it, so my kids couldn't even go swimming, told front desk and he didn't do nothing. Went to the pool the next day and that blue stuff was still in there, i wasn't gonna let my kids swim in that. Could have been something to clean the pool. i wasn't taking that chance with my kids health.

Room Tip: Just don't stay there.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brandon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

horrible experience i do not recommend anybody to stay here. After it took us 20 min to check in (the person working did not seem interested in attending to us) we checked in (and signed the waver that we would not make noise after 10pm)i got the first floor and the smell made me sick and it was noisy ,There were weird people right outside the window. We complained and asked to be put on the second floor, where we were assured it would be quiet. But it was worse. The rooms were freezing, the housekeeper who was there said there was no way to control the temperature and we just had to deal with it, there wasn't even a coffee maker i the room. When we returned from dinner there were police dealing with drunk people in the rooms, We couldn't sleep all night drunk people were banging their doors all night screaming, it was a nightmare. When checking out in the morning another guest was complaining about the noise and the front desk person was just laughing about it and said oh well maybe tonight will be quieter. DO NOT GO TO THIS MOTEL

Room Tip: there nothing
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Steinbach, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here August 31-Sept 1st 2012. No sleep due to people having drinking parties above us, across from us and beside us. 8 Police officers there at 5:30 am to break up a fight and attempted rape. The rooms were in poor shape.

Room Tip: There are better hotels 1 block away in any direction from the Airport Inn
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

It was late when we checked in and we came in the back door to which they have the cold beer store. Reeked of stale beer and cigarette smoke. Continued through to the front desk got checked in and made our way to the room. The hall smells like stale urine, cigarette smoke and beer. Got to our room and we have 4 adults sharing a room they gave us 2 towels, hand towels and face cloths. The window opens but no screen so we either have the misquotes or the smell. The shower curtain doesn't fit the tub. The kleenex box holder on the wall kept falling open so we left it there. The TV is total crap. 15 inch tube TV with fuzzy picture. Doors stick. It was loud all night with drunk people fighting, slamming doors, and the other things people do in seedy hotels. We were there because they were pet friendly but I couldn't as a valued pet owner allow my dogs to walk in there. I would never recommend this for anyone to stay at. I will never stay there again. I really wish I had read all the reviews before booking our sleepless weekend there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Grande Prairie Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We walked into this hotel lobby to the strong smell of second hand cigarette smoke and loud music coming from the strip club in the hotel. We had booked online and decided not to stay here. It took them about twent-five minutes to check in two patrons ahead of us. We stayed and waited to tell them we would not be staying. The description on booking.com did not match up at all with what we found when we arrived. It was a disappointment. For a few dollars more we went two blocks and had a pleasant quiet night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
kyle l, Manager at Airport Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. I would like to hear more about your first impression of our hotel. Unfortunately it was not a good one and we need to correct this for future guests. We have been a non-smoking hotel for over a year and smokers are asked not to smoke near the building. Guest services should not have taken 25 minutes to check you in and if more information is provided we will look into the problem and find a soloution. The entertainment provided is separated from the sleeping accommodations to keep the rooms quiet. It is the front desk staff and security guards responsibility to ensure the rooms are quiet and guests are/feel safe. The booking.com website was recently created with the most up to date and accurate information. We apologize for the terrible first impression and would like to hear more.
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I came here for the pool and slide..boy what a mistake..i should have read the reviews and always, always ask to be shown one of the rooms before you pay!! I'm embarrassed to say we stayed here..but we were dropped off, it is -42 with wind and just not possible to leave. I really wish you could upload pics on here because its insane! My window was swinging open, the chairs are so stained that they should be in the trash!! You can not sit on them they are just too grouse! The handles on the dresser are ripped off and sharp pieces sticking out. OMG i can go on for hours. My daughter took her first pee (after i cleaned the toliet of course) last night and all of a sudden i can hear water pouring ALL over the floor, and she opens the door in tears it freaked her out so bad! So now the water is still at the top of the toilet and the floor is soaked, I call front desk and tell him what happened...he YELLED AT ME!!!! I actually stood there and then i almost had tears...he says WELL WHAT DID YOU THROW IN THE TOILET GEEZ? I couldnt believe it..i said "Uhh nothing at all..we just got here an hour ago and my 12 yr old went pee!" So he replies back "Well what do you want me to do about it?" yeah!!!! can you believe that?? there was more banter back and forth for a few minutes with him telling me "Well i guess ill see if there's anyone i can get to come there, like a maintenance guy cuz im not doing it." thats exactly what he said to me. Then i hung up. 5 mins later he calls back to tell me to make sure i DO NOT FLUSH the toilet again until the maintenance guy comes...no really?? What an idiot!! Maintenance came right away and he was AMAZING!! Nice guy, polite, hard worker, very patient and caring! Even checked up on us an hour later to make sure it was ok. And then he wiped up and cleaned my floor and then went on a search and got me all new towels and cloths and such! Talk about night and day! Not sure why he is here!

Now i find out i have to stay ANOTHER night here...ohh i didnt sleep all night...the window opening, the 3 HUGE security guards walking the halls and talking to each other and laughing. I mean i know they have a job to do and they too were awesome and made me feel really protected here, but you can hear word for word what the person 3 doors down is saying! Its really bad, so them opening doors and talking woke me up each time! I couldnt even let my daughter walk alone in here because of the kinds of people wondering around here..like stoned right out of their heads! zombies..i was scared when i had a shower with just her and i here that i jumped out and peeked out the washroom door to make sure she was still there sleeping...

I called Mr. Front desk this morning and told him i was from room number #*# and he says "Are you sure about that?" because I was calling from my cell..and he is talking to me like i am a moron and i am lying to him about being here in the room...wow!! Then i tell him im staying another night and ask him if i can just pay on check out in the morning tomorrow..and he once again got all rude! UMM NO!!! with his degrading voice! So i say fine, then when do i have to be there by? And he says 12:00 noon i guess at the latest! At 11:26 am he called my room..."Are you staying another night or what?" i say yes.He says "Well are you coming to pay?" I said "you said i had to be there by noon..." and he says "No, i said be here before noon!". Can you believe this..omg i want to leave this place! So now im mad..and he knows it...i said back "I will be there BY NOON!!!" and i was rude and he says "righty oh amigo's" all nice and chipper..then i hung up on him! And i got there at 12:00! Wow.

And the cleaners knock on my door that says "do not disturb" and asks for towels or whatever, so i give her all the towels and ask her if she can bring me 4 towels asap so i can use them because i have NONE and i want to shower...oh yes no problem. I waited 40 mins..no towels. So on my way back from the nasty Mr Front Desk man, the cart is there, she is right behind me and there is another girl..they are everywhere...so i grab 2 towels and 1 soap pkg and i turn to tell her that im taking these, and she starts flipping on me!! WHAT ROOM ARE YOU FROM??? YOU NEED TO ASK FOR THOSE..i said thats why i just turned towards you...I WAS RIGHT BEHIND YOU! i said i know i seen you!! By this time i was almost in tears, i walked away from her and said. I AM TAKING these towels ( i was about to put them back) and you know what?? this hotel is unbelievable!! You people are absolutely pathetic!! And she says back...can you just leave your dirty towels outside your door...lol.. i said yea they were already taken and not returned..thats why i am TAKING THESE ONES!! Then i came to my room and threw them on the chair by accident (read above about the chairs here) because i was so upset! lol. Now what do i do?? haha i will wait until next shift starts and request new ones! pathetic!! Or ill just use my own towels...

And the restaurant food..oh lord...DO NOT GO THERE!! We are a family of 4, we all ate supper there last night ($40, not too bad) and then when we were done we went back to the room and ordered 2 XL pizzas and chicken wings from BOSTON Pizza!! And i dont even eat much...i think that is the very FIRST time i finished a whole plate! its was a total joke. The waitress served us the food and never came back, not even once because you can tell she was embarrassed! And she should have been! I should have taken a picture! wow.

I came here to relax and have fun, i am on vacation time too. I live in this city but thought id stay at a hotel with a nice pool and slide for my daughter and pretend we are on vacation somewhere!! I can afford all that much so this place was a bonus at $105.00 a night..and its been a terrible experience! stressfull!

Well time to clean up..make the beds with all my own blankets and pillows of course...all their stuff is in the front cupboard...want me to explain that to you...yea didn't think so..i dont have time. It was nice to vent though and if i can forewarn anyone from this place before they plan a whole trip that you cant change!! Oh and we are just a normal, respectful family, i work for the city, FT for 11 years, so its not like i am some bum hanging around!! OOH ok one more thing..WIFI what a joke! a total joke!! It sucks really really bad. You can send emails but that's about it!! No video, nothing! I don't think they should be advertising it here either because that's another reason i stayed here...if i had known it didn't have proper wifi i wouldn't have booked here!! Well here I go..lets see what else can happen..

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor at the end because the security people have to check in all the pool...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
kyle l, Manager at Airport Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
S E, thank-you for the response. I am terribly sorry for the unimaginable experience you had. I am very interested in hearing more about your experience and what I can do to prevent this from happening to other guests again. I would also like to bring some closure to this stay and not leave it on such a bad note. I agree we are an older hotel but there is no excuse for bad customer service, terrible food, and amenities that do not work. This may be an understatement to a frustrated guest but we are in the process of renovating the hotel and turning over a new leaf. So far we have renovated our pool, exterior, and started on the rooms with new fixtures, carpet, bathrooms, and soon furniture and televisions. These renovations are taking time and we reflect them in our prices however customer service should never be compromised. Again, I am truly sorry for the terrible stay and if you could explain your story in more detail I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Brandon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

stayed here as a second resort but turned out to be awesome. stayed two nights, first night was eventful. a few drunks in halls and blood found on bed but second night was enjoyful. if you stay here ask for second floor. alot more quiter up top. pool is also very nice

Room Tip: ask for top floor
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Airport Motor Inn? Share your experiences!