“5th floor is nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Inn

You added Victoria Inn to your Saves list
Victoria Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1808 Wellington Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0G3, Canada (St. James Industrial)   |
Ranked #23 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Brandon, Manitoba
“5th floor is nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions with my family and enjoyed it.
The pool area is excellent for the kids, the zero depth entry pool is perfect for little ones. The water slide was great for our 5 year old as well.
The only downside is that the first few floors I find are really loud.
The 5th floor is much nicer and quieter, definitely worth the extra money is you want a good nights rest.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your review we look forward to your return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dublin,Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Recently stayed at the Victoria Inn Winnipeg for business and I was really impressed with it. Check in was extremely fast and effortless and the staff were so courteous and helpful. I stayed on the Executive floor and had a lovely king bed - I have to say I love the 110% Clean Guarantee program the hotel have in place - it just shows that cleanliness is top priority for the hotel and that is the most important thing for me. I am looking forward to returning to the hotel with my kids to utilize the great swimming pool and water slide! Keep up the good work !!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see your again.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked a room here for my parents' visit to Winnipeg. Everything was taken care of for them and it was a seamless and enjoyable experience. The staff recommended that we book on the 5th as it was meant to be the quietest floor. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Book on the 5th floor -- we were told it's the quietest.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your business.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I live and work in Winnipeg so I don't often need to stay over in hotel's in the Winnipeg area. However on Nov 27 & 28 I was attending a conference and needed to stay over.
I was given a suite on the 4th floor. (4th and 5th floors are quitter-no kids running around). It had a very large living area with a fireplace, desk, two leather love seats an armchair and an oversized ottoman. It has a closet, a large screen TV, a mini fridge and a microwave and it's own full bathroom. Off the living area was a master suite with a full ensuite, large screen TV, king size bed, closet.
I mean it was nice. I threshold between the bedroom and the living room was uneven and a bit of a trip hazard. The living room area had no windows. (Only the bedroom had a window looking into the courtyard and directly into someone else's room!) There was no temp control for the heating/air in the living room (only in the bedroom area).
Everything was clean, handy and in order.
I'm always a bit picky about the water pressure in hotels and I have to say I was happy with the Vic Inn's pressure and temp. The bed/pillows were o.k. -nothing to write home over, nothing to complain about either.
Bottom line, I would stay here again. For those that are attending conferences here, you won't be disappointed with the rooms or the Vic's service.
The staff are very service oriented. Our conference was adjourning at a strange hour and they allowed us to check out after without charging extra. I had delivery's coming and the front desk accepted the delivery's and notified me. The food at the hotel is good. No need to eat off property.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th and 5th floor are quite. 5th floor requires your room key to move the elevator. Exc...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MARKHAM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

The staff was friendly, although they forgot BOTH wakeup calls I had requested. Make sure to set your alarm if you need to wake up. The sound insulation (at least on the side facing the road) is non-existent. Planes landed and took off all night long, making sleep impossible. Room was clean and VERY CLOSE to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments we are looking into the wake up call issue. We have a detailed procedure in place for our staff to log and process wake up calls into our system with double check procedures. The system is automated from there. One missed is rare, 2 missed sounds like a bigger issue that we will investigate. We are very sorry for this issue. Our hotel is located in the best position to the airport for noise travel. Thou very close to the airport we are not located on the approach or take off glide paths for any of the airport run ways. I am sure with cold dense night air and depending on wind direction the volume from a distance can very, Thou this is not an issue that we hear complaints about.
Rivera,mb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Staff were friendly and accommodating when we arrived early at the hotel, they stored our luggage until check in time! We had a three year old and 4 month old and stayed in a poolside room. This room was perfect for a family who has a toddler that loves to swim. Even being beside the pool the room was quiet enough to get our kids to bed before the pool closed! Room was clean and hotel staff were wonderful!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your great review we appreciate you business. and look forward to your next stay.
Tel Aviv District, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights. It is very convenient for the airport and the hotel shuttle bus gives good efficient polite service. The reception, bar and restaurant staff are very friendly and helpful. The operations manager Matt seemed to be running the place very well. The bar and restaurant are quite good, nice breakfast. On the down side the room we had on the 4th floor is in need of renovation and the daily cleaning standard needs some attention. Overall quite good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Thank you for your review, We are in the process of completing renovations and updating to our guests rooms, and we have what we call a 110% clean guarantee at the hotel. We will be providing your comments to our house keeping manager. Thank you for your business. we do hope you will visit again.

Been to Victoria Inn? Share your experiences!