I stayed here on Sunday night of May long weekend, with my boyfriend and my 2 year old son, and another couple who stayed just down the hall. We were pretty much just looking for a place to sleep that had a pool we could go in after dinner. Pool looked great, rooms were decent..
All was going good until we returned to our room after being at the pool area. I noticed a rash all over my chest. My boyfriend and son had nothing, so I shrugged it off thinking my skin was sensitive to the chlorine.. As the days progress this rash gets worse and turns into sore lumps under my skin..
I call my friends, the couple who we went with, and they have the same thing! My boyfriend and son had nothing. Then I realized they did not go into the hot tub. I broke out in flu like symptoms and a fever and headed to the doctor, she took me off work until bloodwork came back. My WBC count was through the roof, I've been on antibiotics for 4 days now as have my friends.. We all got some disgusting skin infection from the hot tub. I have been to many hotels and in many hot tubs and have never had anything like this happen.
I sure hope they were following health and safety and testing the pool as often as they should be and adding the correct amount of chemicals. I will never be back, as I find this absolutely disgusting. And I have definitely learned my lesson of going into public hot tubs..
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Victoria Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Hotel Winnipeg
- Victoria Inn Winnipeg, Manitoba